Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

King of the Sheephead?

24 posts in this topic

I think WWG wrapped this one up in one fish last night. What a beast at 34" and almost 20lbs!

005.jpg

Highlight of the night?

Almost, John then added an exclamation point just as we were about to leave.

42x24.5 and 34lbs

008.jpg

Nice fish dude.

Fun night again. Thanks

Nice! I don't know which fish I like better, to be honest! I'd take either one.

WOW. WWG is the May KOTC champ. Great looking flathead and then a beauty of a Sheepshead. You've got everybody chasing you now John - great pics.

Yeah it was a pretty good night. I caught another smaller Flat and WWG lost another big one during battle.

Can't wait for the long weekend.....

Those are both great fish. Had to be a couple of great fights getting them in.

That is one heck of as BIG drum. Larger than most of my fish. Nice flatty too.

I have caught a lot of sheephead over the last 10 years on the river.................but NOTHING that ever came close to that beast last night.

BTW, that sheephead was caught on a 7" bullhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never expected to see that thing next to the boat.

Are you Serious??????

What a blast Darren.

Is it sad that I am more impressed by the sheephead?

Both are dang nice fish, John! Way to go!!!

Nice fish WWG!

Now it makes one wonder if those tugs and pulls are channels or walleye confused

Now we can add in sheephead.

Sorry Ryan.......I don't know what I was thinking last night. I could have followed the great tongue tradition that started with a few licks from Dark30 followed by the uncomfortable sturgeon slobbering of yourself and Da-chise. What a great avatar a french kiss with a beast like that would have been. If it hadn't smelled quite so bad I may have gone for it.

I think your sheephead is a catch of a life time, but John, I think we should all draw the line at sheephead. Even one that big.

That is the first sheepie I have ever heard of caught on a bullhead. I got some big ones last year on live bait but nothing like that beast. Sweet fish

My buddy got a 5.5 pounder last year on a 4 inch bullhead. Not quite the same, but apparently they will eat live bait. I've never done it. Considering it bit on a medium sized bullhead, I told my friend he has a nice walleye on most likely...surprised as heck when he pulled in a sheepie.

Man, not only is that 20 pounder a sweeeeeeeet, the hold/pic make it look even BIGGER!

Is it sad that I am more impressed by the sheephead?

I'll second that. A bullhead too; I suppose when your that big anythings on the dinner menu.