• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Senkos - t vs w

RuddyDuck

How do you guys prefer to fish your Senkos, T-rigged or Wacky rigged? When do you prefer one over the other?

I must not be a wacky enough of a guy, but I just can’t seem to get into fishing them wacky rigged at all. Seems so slow! I fish them weightless t-rigged quite a bit, as I can fish them as fast or as slow as needed then.  Also, if you fish them wacky, is it pretty much a spinning rod thing or can you use BC gear?

Also, throw in any of your favorite off brand Senkos that you like to use. I use either the Yum ones or the Gander ones. Never have actually used a real Senko!

Thanks for the input.  

Edited by RuddyDuck

I try to avoid senkos haha. Man I hate throwing them even when I know they work great. I guess I should say I hate throwing them weightless or wacky. Way too boring for me. I do however throw them on a jighead during the summer sometimes. I've had them out perform other jigworms in some situations. Not sure what it is about a senko that fish like but man they love them. 

I too dislike throwing them, but concede that they do catch fish......when I do I throw wacky rig, on 8lb flouro with spinning, yum and yamamotos would be the two brands I fish.

When I got into bass fishing the Senko was my jam! I don't throw it much anymore even though its a proven producer. There are a few lakes I fish from my kayak that get covered in that green slime come July so T-Rigs don't work well (unless you want to pick off slime after each cast) and Dropshots don't seem to produce. I'll throw a weighted wacky senko and pick them off the deep weedline. I rarely throw them T-rigged. If I'm throwing them nowadays it's weighted wacky. My go-to's are the Gander Brand - good bang for your buck. I will also throw the 4" senkos on a dropshot rig.

Honestly I start out with them texas rigged, then when they get all torn up and won't stay threaded I just rehook them as wacky :)

Ok....sometimes I start wacky I guess.  I really like the yum or gander brand.  Big Bite Work as well, the original "SENKO" is a killer lure, but at $.50 a pc it hurts the pocket book when sometimes you only get one fish per, and especially when that one fish is a 10" dink.

On 5/5/2016 at 11:52 AM, JP Z said:

Honestly I start out with them texas rigged, then when they get all torn up and won't stay threaded I just rehook them as wacky :)

Ditto!

Dingers and GM brand.  Will occasionally use a jighead or splitshot up the line for deeper water.  

4" for smallies.

I've pulled some old sluggo's out of retirement the last few years for this time of year in real shallow water. Work just as well as they did before senko came along.

Yes, the old Sluggos! Those are what I replaced with the senkos mostly. Either one you can fish at a decent pace, yet let it fall when needed. I have a few sluggo's yet and was thinking I should throw them again. I use to have poor hookup ups with them years ago, but I mostly think it was hook and rod choice.

45 minutes ago, eyeguy 54 said:

ever try the stick baits from christophersons in alex?  I order them online. lottsa colors

Alexandria_Bass_and_Musky_Shop      e  b ay    

I would just like to say "CURSE YOU EYEGUY" Wasn't planning on buying that many stickbaits......but now I'm set, at least until September :)

I fish'em wacky rigged a lot when I'm fishing shallow or skipping docks, weighted or weightless. Last Sunday the color was chartreuse, I used to fish them more t-rigged but have favored wacky style the last couple of years.

Bass P S makes a 4'' I use for on a jig  Otherwise I usually use GY. GY brand is softer than other major brands and so the action is incredible. At dusk on a clear lake I will rig wacky (or dawn) otherwise T=rigged digs a little deeper and slides into structure too. Weird to hear so many bass guys not like them but grudgingly admit they catch fish.