• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 1 roll call

123fish

Welcome everyone. Looks like we have some slayers on this team. How about everyone states what season they are hunting and where. I am hunting season B in sw Minn. Need a team name also. I will throw out Strut Stoppers for starters. Anyone else?

Howdy teammates,

I'll be hunting Idaho, Oregon and Washington this spring.  I'll be on Merriams, Rios and Eastern marked birds.  Will have stick and string as well as scattergun on all trips.  First have 2 youth hunters here in SW Idaho on 4/8-4/10  then I'm off to the clearwater country of central Idaho for myself and pals.  Then OR and WA for me then more youth hunters.  Hope to see a bunch of floppage again this spring.  Good luck to all ya.

431947_10201060728178562_1683710939_n.jp

Checking in for my daughter,she is 10 and looking to put down her second turkey. With her being a youth she can hunt the whole season so we have plenty of time to get it done. 

Hopefully she can get a bird even close to her first one and bring some points in for the team. 

IMG_30624883936562.jpeg

I'll be in south Texas. First season hunting em and man is it a ball. Not positive I'll have a chance to shoot another bird since there's really no such thing as public land down here, but I've been bugging my bud to let me get on his ranch and try again for a big tom!

Team one (need a name) did anyone have any success? I start Wed. I hunt mostly public land and there have been people in most of the best spots but still a couple that no one has bothered. We'll see. Name suggestions, Strutstoppers, Team Head Trauma, Team DOA, Spur Spankers. Anyone else have something?

Edited by 123fish

Rylee had a lot of action on a new farm last night,called a nice tom into 30 yards and she missed. Right after that we had a jake run into the decoys and she passed and tryed he hardest to talk me into taking him with the bow,but we passed him. At 7 we had a giant come into 60 yards spitting and drumming for a hour until he finally came into 20 yards. The problem was she was so excited and shaking so bad she couldn't get steady enough on the sticks to take a shot. 

Keep after him and she will get him. I had one this morning stay in the woods while the hens were in the field. He was about forty yards but never ever had anything close to a clear shot. Public land that I know was hunted first season and he acted like it. More patience on my part wouldn't have hurt either. I certainly do envy you guys that hunt within 5-10 miles of home. Everything I've got is 35 miles out. Still love it though

Well I joined the "If you hunt long enough you're going to miss" club this morning. Pulled a few feathers and that was it. I think I raised my head and shot high. Did anyone hear a loud F-bomb this morning about 7:30? That would have been me. Drive all over the country to find a bird and then miss. Grrrrr! Oh well, I get to keep hunting so there is a small positive to it. Try again in the morning.

She is still after them and hasn't changed her mind about taking one of the jakes yet. She came home early from school sick last night so we didn't hunt,landowner sent me a text at 4 that the big one was infront of the blind. Two nights ago he was pecking at it when we took a night off. It will happen one of these nights. 

20160421_174222.jpg

20160421_192916.jpg

20160415_163151.jpg

34 minutes ago, 123fish said:

How do you guys rotate your pics when they are sideways before you submit them?

on my iPhone I take any photo I am uploading to HSO and hit "edit" and crop it right to left just the tiniest bit and it always comes through the correct direction on here.  100%

Edited by leechlake