• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pet Peeves While Shopping

So many!!!  One thing that really bugs me is narrow shopping lanes.  Especially at some Walmarts.  Nobody in in the isle but this ONE PERSON and between the person and the cart they fill the isle and will not budge even if they know you want to go by.  I used to do the "excuse me" thing, and then I'd kind of bump the cart to wake up the shopper and most of the time get these "looks" as if I'm the one creating a problem.   Then I figure, ok, I'll go up the next isle and come back the other end of the isle the perp is in, since it's there that the product I want is located.  This works fine once in awhile but sometimes the perp has moved upward, now blocking my way again.  Then I go to the more determined "excuse"me mode and usually get by, although still recieving " the look".   I'm a pretty mellow guy, but there are times when this happens I do loose a little of that mellowness.  What's your pet peeve while shopping?  good luck.

Empty shelves. Most common at Walmart, HOSE.  (Home Of Shelves that are Empty) Dairy section out of cheese and some meats...constantly. Then...the person that waits until AFTER everything is rung up, then starts digging around for a gift card to use, (always expired), 27 different  coupons, and a new Debit card they have NO idea how to use. Or the worst...pulls out a checkbook, and after taking five mns to write the check, has to enter it into the ledger. At that point, I have no problem telling them to "MOVE IT OUT!!!"

wen sams club has samples, and a.lady is getting a sample for.suposedly he entire family including cusins. the u see her goobling down the half pizza sample just before she hits the meatball sample and her one kid is upset and gives him one meat ball and three for her self. yu wanna get.peeved watch sams club samples specialy wen thers pizza and good stuff.

the fruit dont hardley get touched except by the hot hockey moms. same with the chicken alfreado.

On sale items that they must of had 2 of-- then you get a rain check and they still don't have it 3 weeks later.

Having a hard time trying to find 22 shells. I know a couple people that must have 3000 rounds of them but never shoot any, If your going to use them for a door stop, just use a brick.

12 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

On sale items that they must of had 2 of-- then you get a rain check and they still don't have it 3 weeks later.

Having a hard time trying to find 22 shells. I know a couple people that must have 3000 rounds of them but never shoot any, If your going to use them for a door stop, just use a brick.

That's the ol' "bait and switch", Juneau. But then you know that. Couple of the pricier stores in this town are REAL good at that; that's one of the reasons why I no longer go to one of them. 

Edited by RebelSS

Exactly what you mentioned RH, the "leave no room for somebody to get past" person, then get pi$$y when you say excuse me.

And it's been a couple months since I've had a collision with somebody texting coming around a corner, but there was one trip I got hit not once, but twice by some window-licker texting and pushing a cart. Apparently they were awful important people :crazy:

RH-  shopping etiquette...couldn't agree with you more.  I will admit I rarely am doing the kind of shopping where you go up and down every aisle and stocking the house.  I'm more on a mission for 10 items or less.  I go overboard on staying out of people's way when I'm looking at items.   I actually can envision the look of a woman about 64 years old, short gray hair clogging up the whole aisle looking at soup.  It's as though she looks at me when I'm waiting to get by her like I'm trying to reinvent the wheel and saying "excuse me" is a dirty word.

I am patient with old people and people with little kids, why wouldn't you be but some of these able bodied people need remedial training in Common Courtesy.

My biggest pet peeve while shopping is generally people that don't pay attention and aren't aware of what's going on around them.  It sort of ties into Reinhard's first post.

- people that stand in the middle of an aisle and don't realize they are in the way.  Went shopping the other day with my wife and there was a guy standing and talking with his family in front of the door.  He was so clueless that he was actually leaning against the only door into the building blocking anyone from getting in or out.  He was clueless when I asked him to step aside.

- people that don't hold the doors for people behind them.  I was raised to always hold the door for people, doesn't matter if you are a man or woman I will hold the door for you because its courtesy. It drives me nuts to follow someone into a store and they let the door slam in your face as they walk through.  Not to sterotype but this usually happens with women, they walk right in and let the door slam on anyone walking behind them without a clue as to what they just did.

- people that are terrible at parking.  They park over the lines or they pull in at such a bad angle that they take up 2 spots.  I'm not sure if this is a matter of not paying attention or intentionally being and jerk-bait. Either way I want to slap them.

- and finally the people who seem to go through life totally absorbed in their own little world.  You see them walking through the mall or store looking at their phone, with the head phones in, standing in the way or blocking a path, just totally checked out of the world they are participating in.  When I am out and about my head is always up and on a swivel just checking things out.  I'm very aware of whats going on around me.  I find myself often times watching out for my wife as she is not as observant.  When shopping my wife is usually doing the shopping and me and my daughter find ways to entertain ourselves.  I spent a lot of that time teaching her to be aware of what she is doing, where she is going, and what is going on around her.  I'll walk with her and ask her if she sees, this or that, trying to teach her to see things around her.  She's only 2 and still way ahead of lots of people I see.

18 minutes ago, leechlake said:

RH-  shopping etiquette...couldn't agree with you more.  I will admit I rarely am doing the kind of shopping where you go up and down every aisle and stocking the house.  I'm more on a mission for 10 items or less.  I go overboard on staying out of people's way when I'm looking at items.   I actually can envision the look of a woman about 64 years old, short gray hair clogging up the whole aisle looking at soup.  It's as though she looks at me when I'm waiting to get by her like I'm trying to reinvent the wheel and saying "excuse me" is a dirty word.

I am patient with old people and people with little kids, why wouldn't you be but some of these able bodied people need remedial training in Common Courtesy.

you sure that wasn't reb you envision??????????:P funny, when I say excuse me when I need to get by someone....I really don't care what they think!:D

There is no excuse for YOU, ya little blue booby.  :P  I always say 'cuse me, then wait to see if they move, or if I have to. Since my cart is used for helping me to get around, 'cuz I'm too proud to use one of their scooters when it's a bad day, those rude one really raise my hackles. Besides, the few times I have used the scootie things, I once wiped out a cardboard Pepsi display. *CRASH*  It was their fault. Those things have no back-up cams. ;)

Edited by RebelSS

What drives me crazy is the blue tooth loud talkers. I had one annoying me the other day at the grocery store, and I couldn't get away from him. I came very close to letting him have it, but held my tongue. What do these people think? That everyone what's to be involved in their lives?

Not shopping ,but the parking lot at Cub in Willmar. Do all Cub stores have parking where it's "straight in parking",  not diagonal? When you get ready to back out and if theres a car parked directly behind you it's a pain and cars are coming from both directions. I've seen several fender benders.

18 minutes ago, Juneau4 said:

Not shopping ,but the parking lot at Cub in Willmar. Do all Cub stores have parking where it's "straight in parking",  not diagonal? When you get ready to back out and if theres a car parked directly behind you it's a pain and cars are coming from both directions. I've seen several fender benders.

Thats they way the Cub stores are around me as well.  It does get tight and you really have to pay attention, sadly not everyone does.

The Junior Varsity Target by our house is plastic bags only, no paper bags.  Buy $43 worth of groceries and you get 18 bags to carry out.  Put in your vehicle and within two turns the groceries are all over the place.  I love when they put a bag of spuds in a plastic bag or the jug of milk in a plastic bag.  

Funny, but my kids are 15 and 17 and I still tie the bag in a knot before I put them away in the pantry so the kids don't put them over their head and smother themselves.  We may as well have safety latches on the kitchen cabinets too!

my biggest peeve shopping is waiting in line>>>>>>>>>>>>> any line. I have all the patience in the world to sit in a deer stand or fishhouse, but........in a checkout line............nadda no way drives me batty!

Two things. The waiting to see the total before pulling out the checkbook, like they didn't know while it was all ringing up that they needed to pay for it?  

And, those with full shopping carts in the "express" lane. 

I'm with smurfy too, I don't care what they think if I have to say something to get around them.

That's why all those magazines and snacks are there, Smurfo!  Start reading one and munching on a snack, and when asked if you're going to pay for them, look innocent and say "Gosh, I thought these were complimentary while waiting" .... :D

Edited by RebelSS

7 minutes ago, DonBo said:

And, those with full shopping carts in the "express" lane. 

Just happened to me today.  I had three items and the lady in front of me had a full cart in the 12 or less checkout.

Also, the people with full carts using the self checkout area.

7 minutes ago, DonBo said:

Two things. The waiting to see the total before pulling out the checkbook, like they didn't know while it was all ringing up that they needed to pay for it?  

What about the person who wants to do split transactions.  

Transaction #1 - 4 canned goods and a loaf of bread - paid with 800 spare pennies and a rusty nickle

Transaction #2 - 3 more canned goods, bag of apples, and ice cream - paid half with cash and half with 2 different credit cards

Transaction #3 - 1 more canned good, bag of frozen chicken, and a stick of deodorant - and here comes the check book

1 minute ago, nofishfisherman said:

What about the person who wants to do split transactions.  

Transaction #1 - 4 canned goods and a loaf of bread - paid with 800 spare pennies and a rusty nickle

Transaction #2 - 3 more canned goods, bag of apples, and ice cream - paid half with cash and half with 2 different credit cards

Transaction #3 - 1 more canned good, bag of frozen chicken, and a stick of deodorant - and here comes the check book

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Two people watching the self check out area, when you know dang well everything would go SO much quicker if they'd both just open up a register.