• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakemaster or Navionics HotMaps

Flash

Question

I use both for my handheld GPS but for my Humminbird's, I have to use the Lakemaster.

I have no issues with the lakemaster chips, own probably 6 lakemaster and 6 Nav chips.

Sometimes it depends on what lake you are fishing for the HD maps.

Overall, I like the lakemaster chips better.

Depending on the brand of unit you are running, that will decide for you more than likely.

You know each one has lakes maped that may not be on the other, I have both and run Navionics more than Lakemaster, more lakes, more HD lakes, more accurite and more features with Freshest Data, Sonar Charts etc...

Where do you fish at?

You know each one has lakes maped that may not be on the other, I have both and run Navionics more than Lakemaster, more lakes, more HD lakes, more accurite and more features with Freshest Data, Sonar Charts etc...

Where do you fish at?

I'd be willing to bet your also on navionics staff... whistle. I run Lakemaster but I purchased a Navionics as well. I have contour lines that just end(disappear) on the Navionics, like the charts were never finished. This is on a brand new chip which I bought last week.

Interesting. What lake? Have you tried upgrading the maps?

I run both and pick which one works better for the lake I'm on.

If I had to choose one, it would be Navionics because of the upgrade feature and it has more HD on the lakes that I fish.

I'd be willing to bet your also on navionics staff... whistle. I run Lakemaster but I purchased a Navionics as well. I have contour lines that just end(disappear) on the Navionics, like the charts were never finished. This is on a brand new chip which I bought last week.

Id be willing to be you are running a Hummingbird...

Heard this before on some Hummingbird units.

What's better boys & girls? Lakemaster or Navionics Hotmaps chip?
If you are running a Lowrance you do not have the choice of Lakemaster anymore unless you find an old one.

The new Lowrance Lake Insight 2012 Pro chips are the same as Lakemaster however.

There isnt a general statement, this is better than that, because depending where you are, one will be better than the other and it varies by region.

I think the Lakemaster (or now Lowrance Lake Insight) data is a little better throughout MN in my experience, or at least the lakes I fish the most. But Navionics probably has a leg up outside of MN.

I have that same issue on both my Navoinics iPad and android apps! Really bugs me. It's has nothing to do with the unit it is on.

Maybe KurtH can chime in and tell us what's going on with missing contours... Yes, it is a Humminbird, which shouldn't matter.

What lake is this on? I can look at my Lakemaster and Navionics and compare them on my unit.