• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX9

"Just Add Ice"

Any leak on what the new marcum LX9 will be. I bought an LX7 at the end of the season and is still sitting in the box. Just might have to sell her now if it would be worth the jump to an LX9.

Only things I could think of would be built in GPS or Camera.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a google search and you can see folks have them on their stores already (no images, but some description and pricing info). I saw someone has it described as this:

Quote:
MarCum LX-9 Color Sonar/Camera Syste 8" Screen Dual Beam Xducer

Price: 1328.24

The also have an LX-6 with a 6" screen and no camera for $709.

I saw the little teaser vid and there were two distinct icons at the end of the video. If you can figure out what those two icons translate to then I think you can figure out what it will do. Its a little marketing ploy, but when I saw them it didnt make any correlation to me.

I'm not exactly sure why you'd want them combined, I guess. Just seems like a way to eat your battery faster.

I'd much rather have a GPS / Flasher combo (which this very well might have, I don't know).

Sweet now I can sleep tonight knowing is just a camera add on to the LX7. I agree I would care less about the camera flasher combo. I would rather have a gps combo and even that is not a big deal. I prefer the portable gps units went out drilling holes so I can just have it strapped around my neck.

Price is just under what it would cost to buy the two top end units seperate so you will save a little.

I was given a tiny peek behind the curtain... This thing will be capable of ALOT...

Will it be a fit for everyone, no. But nothing is.

All the info will be out at ICAST... grin

And for pricing - dont believe the numbers being thrown out, MSRP and what you should pay are two diff numbers, and look at what your getting in a package(if that is a package you want)...

Dont know what ya'll are squealing about the pricing. If you want state of the art Sonar/Flasher and a state of the art latest underwater cam expect to pay a premium.

An LX7 RSP $700, an VS825 underwater cam RSP $700, let see thats totals $1400. Sure you'll be able to purchase these toys for a little less once comes season ends and close outs happen. I expect the same with the LX9 which all indications points to a combo Sonar/camera system. What did you expect?

By comparison you can buy an HDS 5 and camera OR equivalent humminbird and camera and still be less and have a GPS.

Still not worth it without a gps IMO. Hopefully they are using the newer Sony camera that the top of the line Aqua Vu uses, much better than the one on the Marcum cameras.

Well, I'm all for innovation, and this is a step in the right direction. These aren't high enough volume devices (Very small market) to have economy-of-scale to work in our favor for a low price. Besides; I see a winter-toughened tablet with everything "app-ed" onto it as the future anyway, and I think a few people have looked iinto it at well over $2,000 for that, and it's all propreitary anyways. I think a HDS 5 ice machine would be a better option, too.

As much as it sounds good to have GPS in a flasher I don't think I would use that. I leave my flasher in my sled and use my iPhone/Navionics app for GPS. I wouldn't want to be holding a big a$$ flasher for my gps capabilities.

I see why they would add a camera into it, as that makes more sense and cuts down on the external devices needed.

As much as it sounds good to have GPS in a flasher I don't think I would use that. I leave my flasher in my sled and use my iPhone/Navionics app for GPS. I wouldn't want to be holding a big a$$ flasher for my gps capabilities.

I understand not everyone uses electronics in teh same fashion. I mount my HDS to a ram mount on my ATV drive to my spots and can pop it off when I get to my spot, I could use my HDS for fishing, but I use my LX3 for that. My buddy uses his lowrance for gps and fishing while on the ice and its pretty slick, I just dont have an ice ducer for mine, which is on the list for this year.

I have my flasher and auger on the rack so I can access them instantly, before I even bait a hook I've drilled and checked a dozen holes. If I had a flasher unit with a GPS I would have it bungied to my front rack or in a mounted case with a clear viewing window so I could grab it in a second to use. That's just the way I fish, I guess. I have a handheld GPS w/ LM chip, and a smartphone with Navionics, along with LM Contour Pro, so I have access to everything, except a large sreen on my 4 wheeler. THAT is what I want from a flasher, and the camera part would be cool too. But, I do find it hard to beleive that they need to charge that kind of coin for that, but it is a new flagship piece that will sell more of the cheaper units. That's how a product line works. I guarantee that the LX7's price point sold more LX5 units simply by making a $550 unit look affordable. The LX9 will do the same for the LX7, even if there aren't many LX9's being sold.

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hopping my lx-7 would be upgradable to use a camera at some point. Better yet if I could steal the camera off my Vs 625 and just pay for some connections.

One thing about buying the lx-7 and vs 825 and costing $1400.00 is Marcum is saving the cost of a second case, shuttle, LCD screen, battery, charger, packaging and I'm sure a few internal electronics the flasher and camera would share. I would hope that stuff would be worth more then $75 deduction. I know you are paying for convenience but at that price I hope it does more then what the lx-7 and 825 currently do.

I have a few dreams of what it could do that would make it a sure buy for me this winter. One have video out so that if in the wheel house I can see the flasher on the big screen not just the camera. this one I'm sure will happen because I bet you will be able to do a split screen with the camera and vertical flasher. Second is add a video in so in the summer when its on the bow of my boat I can run the video out on my humminbird that sits at the helm to it. I know marcum could care less about making a competitors product more convenient but I'm sure the ice fishing community could come up with a few more uses fore a video in. The lx-7 has been working great on the bow of the boat this summer but at times it would be nice to see a split screen with gps and down imaging and a video in port connected to the humminbird would make this possible. Third thing make it come with a hard case like the kind Pelican makes and designed it something like the old school green box so that could take a beating in the sled while going across the lake because at $1325.00 no way is this thing with the soft case riding in a sled behind the snowmobile or atv or even the back of my truck and it's going to be hard to steer with both arm tightly rapped around it. grin

You haveon got the right mindset, but i doubt we'll see any of those things as they make sense. You did get me thinking though...

Lx9 =$1300

Otter den, sm auger, buddy heater, lx3, a nice rod and reel = $1300