Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CrowRiverRat83

Lesnar vs Carwin

I just heard about the Brock Lesnar vs Shane Carwin fight coming up in November. Im looking forward to it, hopefully Carwin will give Lesnar a run for his money. What does everyone think?

Both big tough dudes, but Lesnar is a freak of nature. If he's smart and doesn't try to stand up and brawl he'll win. If he's as dumb as everyone thinks he is, he'll stand up and scrap and get caught on the chin by someone who has bigger hands than he does like his Carwin!

i give carwin a punchers chance is about it...carwin has fought all "super cans" except gonzaga...which he was rocked by punches...but in a flurry happened to get the shot in and finish...

carwin is much slower & far less the athlete then brock...carwins cardio will be very suspect as well...

i would of liked to see carwin vs cain...but by the UFC cancelling that match...gives another potential HW challenger with cain down the road if he wins to fight brock...otherwise if carwin would of beat cain...cain goes to the bottom of the pile...

I think this fight will be similar to the Lesnar/Herring fight. Brock will take him down and control him with his wrestling ability and just pound him. If Carwin can keep it on his feet he has a punchers chance but Brock is so powerful and fast I think he will be able to get him to the ground.

I tend to agree with Hitman54. It seems all of Brocks fights end with a ground and pound. Unfortunetely it will probably end the same for Carwin. Although all its gonna take with Brock eventually is to get caught with a lucky blow. shocked

WHAT ABOUT THAT RUSSIAN DUDE? I THOUGHT THAT ONE WAS ALREADY BEING HYPED. MAYBE DANA WHITE COULDN'T SIGN HIM OR SOMETHING? I WAS ALREADY PICTURING THE ONE ROCKY MOVIE WHERE HE FIGHTS DURAGO OR WHATEVER. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THEIR BEST STORYLINE EVER!

The Russian signed with another organization that the Russian is sponsored by. It's all about the money!

No it wasnt about the money Dana offered him more money. It was the fact that White wouldnt let Fedors manager co-promote events with them as M-1 Global i think is the company he has. White said he can have all the logos on his gear but they wont co-promote with M-1

Lesnars bread and butter is the ground and pound. He's just getting better at it as well as other aspects of the fight game. Carwin does have a punchers chance, but I'm guessing Carwin will be laying on his back taking a beating.

I've only seen Carwin fight 1 or 2 times and it didn't look like he was afraid to punch. A big guy that isn't afraid to punch and throws hands with bad intentions, sometimes good things happen?

Unfortunately, facing him will be another big guy that isn't afraid to punch and moves like a cat. Any hesitation on Carwins part will lead to an early shower for him! (And maybe a few stitches?)

Carwin is quite an athelete as well. In college he was a Div 2 wresting champ and runner up twice. He was also an all american in football. I think these guys match up pretty good.

I will give Carwin the credit he deserves. He was a good wrestler in DIVISION 2. Put Lesnar in Division 2 in his college days and he goes undefeated every year. This will be no contest. Carwin throws a nasty punch, but Brock won't let it happen. I can see Brock shooting in on Carwin, taking him down to the mat, and then proceed to make his face into hamburger patties. Just ask Mir who said he was in the best shape of his life, and more prepared then ever to face Brock. He ended up looking like he just sat there and let Brock punch at will(he pretty much did anyway). You can be all sorts of big, but when it comes down to technique and execution, I think Brock has a HUGE upper hand. I remember when UFC first began and they had no weight divisions. Royce Gracie TORE through everyone despite being one of the smallest men in the UFC.