• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new boat

coombia21

Lund Pro-V or Tyee in those size ranges for the upper end. Pro V has lots of different models with layouts, max hp ratings, etc. I'd consider Lund Fisherman if you're looking to save a little cash, maintain fishability, and lose some top end.

what do you guys think about a 18 or bigger sportfish

I just bought a 1750 Sportfish and am really happy with it. I wanted the 1850 but came across a good deal on this one.

It's a very smooth ride for a tin boat, all welded hull, quality built, very wide. The front convertible seats are great, I was skeptical of how flimsy the bow casting deck might be with the seats folded down but it is very solid. The rear jump seats are great too, they quickly fold up and down and you can take out the rear swivel seats giving you more room.

My main complaint is the rod storage, it's OK at best, that's usually part of the deal with any Ski boat, becuase of the front seats you loose the option to have in floor rod stoage so they put it in the side, it still works but I don't even bother putting my 8' muskie rods in there, maybe the 1850 is better. The glove box is weird too, I think they meant for it to be a cooler but it's so small you can't really put much in there.

Coombia 21,

Don't limit yourself to the top end Lund, Alumacraft or Crestliner.

I have had my 1825 Explorer for a couple of months now and love it. Dual council with the bubble windshields, I didn't want the full windshield, takes up a little more room then I wanted.

2 rod lockers, one in the front deck and one on the port side, 2 livewells, I went with the 135 Merc Opti and I would not trade that motor for anything in the world, best hole shot I have ever experienced, and I am still using the factory aluminum prop. What happens when I switch to stainless? Hang on baby!!!!!

I think my boat has more fishable space then the comparable Pro-V

and it was $10,000.00 less.

So don't discount the mid level tin boats, alot of bang for the buck.

WW