• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Only the Twins pitching

harvey lee

There is another guy in AAA that can hit better than Tolbert, but they promoted him from AA to AAA this year. Twins never give 2 promotions in one season, unless it's A to AA to AAA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can be as critical as you want I never said you couldn't.

Sorry if you fellers took my little meaningless fellers comment personally.

I'd ask for the MILLIONTH time again which town or team you would want us to be like or which FREE AGENTS you'd pick up but as usual you guys have no answers to these questions.

I don't think you guys realize how lucky we are to have a team like the Twins frankly. We are the Envy of many baseball people including our ARCH Rival's "SOX" Coach Ozzie Guillen for a reason my friends!

This is my opinion the Twins are the PREMIER team in all of sports from top to bottom. Complain all you want the reason we have a good competitive team EVERY year which is nearly impossible is the way we run our team and play the game.

And to me doing it the Twins way by not overpaying these overpriced JOCKS and doing it with fundamental small ball and our Farm system makes it way more enjoyable and rewarding for Me anyway. I couldn't be prouder to be a Twins Fan and I take great pride in doing so!

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that!

I see the pitching was really bad again tonight and the Fielding was horrible along with the coaching...."JOKING so lighten up"

smile

I knew this was going to be a good thread Harvey Lee 12 people viewing at 1AM.. Good Job.. grin

You can have your opinion on how you like how things are run. Some fans like the "small market" "little train that could" mentality. Yeah, its a neat little story when an underdog wins a championship. But for the same reasons you like how things are run for the twins, I cant stand it. They put just enough on the field to make a profit, keep 25,000 coming to the games. They have a nice farm system to be competitive every year. They also have the richest "family" ownership in the bigs. That is where we differ, they have the funds to produce 2 more great ballplayers every year but chose not to to make a buck. We dont have to be the Yanks or Sox because of what you like about them, farm system, scouting etc. Just 2 overpaid jocks a year and we are planning a parade route.

This is my opinion the Twins are the PREMIER team in all of sports from top to bottom. Complain all you want the reason we have a good competitive team EVERY year which is nearly impossible is the way we run our team and play the game.

And to me doing it the Twins way by not overpaying these overpriced JOCKS and doing it with fundamental small ball and our Farm system makes it way more enjoyable and rewarding for Me anyway. I couldn't be prouder to be a Twins Fan and I take great pride in doing so!

I agree to a point. We have a great organization with good people top to bottom. BUT, the reason we compete every year, the ONLY reason (IMHO), is because we are in a very poor division. Move us to any other division in the A.L. and we're 10 games out right now.

It'd just be nice to see 'em cough up some cash and get us up to a level where we can compete with the rest of the league.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge

I agree to a point. We have a great organization with good people top to bottom. BUT, the reason we compete every year, the ONLY reason (IMHO), is because we are in a very poor division. Move us to any other division in the A.L. and we're 10 games out right now.

It'd just be nice to see 'em cough up some cash and get us up to a level where we can compete with the rest of the league.

agree with Don. I appreciate the fact that we are competitive but there's no doubt that we also benefit greatly from being in the a.l. central. Put us in the east and we'd be fighting for 4th or maybe 3rd in a good season and put us in the west and we'd be looking up at the angels on a regular basis and not too many organizations would envy.

Ahhhh I love hypothetical sports situations, if you guys are going to go that route, you might as well say if the Twins were in the National League, they would totally dominate.

I'm a homer just like Pier, the Twinks have and will continue to entertain me for years. Games like Monday nights game only happens once every couple of decades, shrug it off and enjoy the next one.

But I understand the frustrations, and am glad I went to bed when it was 12-7. The wife asked me what the score was when I hit the sheets, I told her and then said "But I wouldn't be suprised if when I wake up tommorrow I'll hear that we lost 16-15". I laughed and shook my head when when I heard the final on the radio Tuesday on the way to work, and then said to myself "Just win this series boys".

BUT, the reason we compete every year, the ONLY reason (IMHO), is because we are in a very poor division. Move us to any other division in the A.L. and we're 10 games out right now.

Going off of memory here, but wasn't the AL central considered by many as the best division in baseball a few years back.

Originally Posted By: DonBo

BUT, the reason we compete every year, the ONLY reason (IMHO), is because we are in a very poor division. Move us to any other division in the A.L. and we're 10 games out right now.

Going off of memory here, but wasn't the AL central considered by many as the best division in baseball a few years back.

Only by homie sports writters with teams in the AL Central. grin

Ahhhh I love hypothetical sports situations, if you guys are going to go that route, you might as well say if the Twins were in the National League, they would totally dominate.

I'm a homer just like Pier, the Twinks have and will continue to entertain me for years. Games like Monday nights game only happens once every couple of decades, shrug it off and enjoy the next one.

But I understand the frustrations, and am glad I went to bed when it was 12-7. The wife asked me what the score was when I hit the sheets, I told her and then said "But I wouldn't be suprised if when I wake up tommorrow I'll hear that we lost 16-15". I laughed and shook my head when when I heard the final on the radio Tuesday on the way to work, and then said to myself "Just win this series boys".

Thanks Duffman and I agree. As we all know I sometimes struggle to get my thoughts articulated with-out coming across as being an [PoorWordUsage]... grin

And you guys make some good points... but I hate the if we were in another division NON_SENSE. And please go back and do some research other than the last few years we have been the equal to ANY division in Baseball with the expection of the EAST and don't forget we have had the Wild card a few times in there also. The WEST has one team better than any of our top 3 teams and can't hold our JOCK strap from top to bottom in the last decade in my Opinion. And like stated above put us in the National League and we win a 100 games a year and play in the World Series every 3rd year.

So yeah I guess if, if and ands were buts we would all have Candy nuts... grin

Good Debate and I hope like you guys when the New Stadium opens, which supposedly will bring in more revenue we do spend some Cash on quality players.

I know you guys hate this but it's easier said than done and bigger money moves can hurt the franchise a lot more than you think.

If we don't spend the money I guess we'll have to be content with having as many or more World series Titles than big spending teams like the White Sox and Red Sox have in their over 200 years of Baseball.

Thanks for putting up with me..Later Pier!.. smile