• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lets see your dogs

ranger20

heres my new golden retriever, Jaedyn, at 6.5 weeks. i got her for my fiance' for a christmas present, and this is the first time Jaedyn was with us in her new home!

IMG_0138.jpg

Jaedyn at 8 weeks

IMG_0214.jpg

my fiance' with "our" little girl

IMG_0269.jpg

burnin off some steam. man she loves playing in the snow!! we were in the corner of a park, so i let her run loose, but kept the leash attatched to make it easier to grab her as she'd run by. but she listened so well it wasnt an issue.

IMG_0338.jpg

here she is with dad. i was trying to give her a few pointers on how to ice fish. i think she was more interested in getting her picture taken

IMG_0397.jpg

just chillin. i believe we were on gooder lake by rockville

IMG_0405.jpg

one last pic before we hit the road! in this pic, she is 17 weeks old, just taken last weekend.

IMG_0409.jpg

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cryhavoc and vister, those are great lookin goldens! i have had a golden my entire life and they are my favorite type of dog.

here is my 12 year old golden Molly takin a nap after all the excitement that ice fishing brings

sspx0388.jpg

here she is attentively watching my bobber for me

sspx0384.jpg

SSPX0105.jpg

New to this site. This is my Tri-colored (French) Brittany, Archie. He will be 10 months on April 10. Started hunting him at 5 months with some friends' short-hairs. He took to it beautifully from the very start, he is a pointing machine. We have shot a lot of pheasants and chuckars over him already but the retreiving is hit or miss. I guess it gives me something to work on until fall when we get back after pheasants/chuckars/grouse. Any good tips on fetch training a pointer will be appreciated.

Let's see if I can figure out this picture posting stuff...

Archiebyfireplace.jpg

Archieondeck.jpg

Archielookingoutslidingdoors.jpg

Wood Tick: 1) Awesome Tri-color, that dog looks sweet. 2) Julie Knutson's Training the Pointing Labrador - really does a good job surrounding the pointing retriever/retreiving pointer. As you can imagine, there's a lot you can screw up with a dual purpose dog like this.

gr8icefishinmind: what breeding is your pup out of?

870, thanks for the advice. My wife is out looking to see if she can find the book today. He is a real natural, We took him out at 5 months with 5 shorthairs and he pointed witht he best of them form the second point on. He kept bothering the shorthairs when they pointed the first burd but after we shot it an he saw what was happening, he was solid from then on. Retreiving has been mostly miss but a couple hits where he actually brought the bird back. Teaching the retreive is my summer job before fall gets back!

Thanks again.

GSPMAN,

I wsih I could take the credit for picking him out, but I was in a movie when I found out I had a new addition to the house LOL. My girlfriend and her sister were on their humane society field trip day with one another and they picked him out for me. He was the second largest out of an unwanted litter of 7. I know who doesn't want PUREbred gsp pups?

Toddb,

It looks like you're right on. He's been traiing real well and I am really looking forward o the fall. I would like to get him on some more birds here real soon though.