• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Official Packers Off-season Thread!!

Rick

Skunked at least you get it.

BTW what was with all the fights at practice? Gotta love the intensity!

JosMN, there is an NFL scouting position open at at least 1 of the 32 teams in the NFL. You appear quite knowledgeable at scouting. After all for every cam newton there were 10 brady quin, jamarcus russell, etc etc etc.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you cannot rewrite history, but to think Ponder wouldnt have benefitted by sitting behind someone like Favre (like Rodgers did) for 3 years is assinine at best.

Sure, he may have picked up a thing or two, but to believe that would have been the difference in Ponder becoming the Vikings' franchise QB or not is pure speculation on your part.

The theory of "sitting behind a veteran QB" has become a overused excuse by Vikings rubes due to the team's inability to draft a quality QB and living on the has-been QB waiver wire. I mean, how long has this team been developing their "QB of the future" now? LOL.

Your argument of drafting a franchise qb holds no water since favre wasn't drafted by GB. Its not easy to draft one. Especially with top pics as they've proved to be a waste by the numbers. There are probably 26 of the 32 teams who have never drafted a franchise qb. That isn't necessarily an issue if the pluck them from elsewhere is Steve young.

Skunked at least you get it.

BTW what was with all the fights at practice? Gotta love the intensity!

JosMN, there is an NFL scouting position open at at least 1 of the 32 teams in the NFL. You appear quite knowledgeable at scouting. After all for every cam newton there were 10 brady quin, jamarcus russell, etc etc etc.

All I know is this....Ponder should not be used in any type of what if, what that, sitting behind someone for three years. Blah blah blah. He is not a franchise QB like manning, rodgers, Brady, etc. Just think of the numbers Rodgers would have if he wasn't on his back half the time? He will be cut or benched after this season. Heck, he is a Brady quin, you all are just still "trying" to develop him. There's my recruitment knowledge for ya.

Like I said, there is at least ONE scouting position open for you. Question, how many "franchise" qb's are in the NFL today? How many of those were drafted by who they are currently with? OK that's two but that should keep you busy. Can you get past 3 for the second question? Lol

Rumor is the Hall of Fame is under budget this year so they are carving out the bust of Tim Tebow now instead of waiting for his induction year, figuring that his time "sitting behind a veteran QB" like Tom Brady makes him an automatic first year lock to get in.

BTW, who did Favre get his FB knowledge from? The Magic Man?

ROFL.

Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, RG3, Russel Wilson, Matt Staford, Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton......does Eli Manning count? LMAO. Peyton was on the colts for like 65 years...does he count too?

Well there's a few for ya...I'm done.

BOOM

Half of those are unproven with only one or two seasons under their belt. BOOM? More like a pop from a cap gun. The funniest part is you ask if eli counts when he has won two superbowls and a SB MVP yet you include Bradford, Stafford who haven't done squat.

Even more funny is you ask me why I was asking if Eli counted, because he wasn't "drafted" by the Giants...

Havent done squat? They are their teams franchise QB. Thats what you were asking. Two seasons or not, none of those guys are on the hot seat like Ponder.

Fact of the matter is I answered your question, with like 10 or more guys and you wanted 3......so?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM........BOOOOOOM.

Now back to talking about our team in this thread, the PACKERS. Go away with your ridiculous coments and pm me with your Paul Allen superbowl thoughts.

Skunked, you're right, Bakhtari is looking awesome so far at LT. Kinda makes me feel at ease a bit more....we will see I guess.

I will definately be heading over to that HSOforum on game days. I can sometimes suck them in from Faribault, but usually its very hard to hear.

Well I guess not, since our guys coming off the edge are not good.........

At what, stopping a mobile Qb? Ya your right, the best!!!! I agree. You are what Jennings must be talking about when it comes to brain washing. Text book actually!!!!!!!!!!!

So great they only got ripped for how many yards to the out side last year????????? Are those the guys you are talking about????

Yes you are right why would any negative's come out of the packer camp on this kid??? Arm length not much more than Reilly's the Lions left tackle, weight even less. Fourth round pick. Sounds like a stretch to me. But to each his own!!!!!!

does Eli Manning count? LMAO.

Well there's a few for ya...I'm done.

BOOM

I would say yes. He might have the record or be tied for the best record for NFC championship games wins at Lambeau. We are talking NFC championships. Not pre 1969 nfl championships.

Heck all four teams in the NFC north have one of those.

County line said it first this guy going to be a hall of famer because of his short arms!!!!!

Maybe only time will tell. All the new mobile tackles seem to have short arms. Hey 5/8" might mean a lot to a chick. But to Jerad Allen and the rest of the like it dont mean squat. If someone thinks it does well???????? Time to open the closet door I quess.

I have been a packer fan my whole life I hail from eastern wisco and I prefer a Wisconsin 6 pack for dinner. For those of you not familiar with that its a brat and 5 beers. I prefer packer brats from Dick's market in river falls and old mil heavies. I am a Minnesotan now by career not by choice my friend.

Matt Flynn started a a game the season of the second Super Bowl championship. Einstein would not be very happy of you drawing a conclusion upon false data!!!!

Not to mention when he started against the lions the last game of the season and set franchise records for passing yards in a game(480) and td passes(6). Got anymore brain busters?