• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AX MAN **Official Thread**

bassNspear

Yeah I don't think the history channel cares if aqua loggers are breaking the law. It makes for good tv, plus the dad is a nut job. I would hate to be his kid. I am surprised he has not had a heart attack yet.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wondered why no one else would be doing aqua logging if those logs are worth 10K....

yea idk. i think they make alot of that up just to make good tv? like they talk about how if they dont get X amount of loads they will be in the hole for the day, ok i understand that but when you dont meet that everyday in a week how can you run a business when your loosing money? and for how bad they make it seem that they good it the bosses sure roll up in some pretty nice rides... does anyone else think that S&S aqua logging guy Jimmy has some problems? haha i dont think he has both ores in the water

those aqua loggers are terrible at it too... I saw the first episode they were in and man... so many common sense things they did wrong.

I know a lot of places with deadheads around the state, wonder how much you could get for them. Smaller logs of course, but they'd be easier to get to!

My only thought is also, if they make that 10k on one log, why in the world does he use equipment that looks like its from 1912? The new Air Logging outfit is pretty cool, but also kinda scary. When he had to come back down because of being over-weight, down right hairy! I wonder how long it takes the hookers to guess the right size logs(correct weight to be exact). I also LOVED the part where they had the greenhorn go up the tree to connect the line! I think they said he was up in that tree for over a hour. And watching that big boy run to his dad to help with the fire was pretty crazy! Kinda dangerous not being able to pull out an extinguisher when you need it the most.

This show really bugs me...soo many one-who-thinks-I-am-silly dumb mistakes. I can't beleive that these people are business owners and even turn a profit! The heli-logging looks to be the best group out there, and I still wouldn't give them much credit. Why buy undersized equiptment if you are going to be doing rugged work. They are asking for a big accident!

Oh yeah, and I also wonder if those guys even carry health insurance. Most of the employees look like they wouldn't carry any...

One of Stump Branch's guys came in to help out Pihl when Duanne quit for the day. There was also a kid working for Browning that used to work at Stump Branch. In season one he was nearly beaned with the cables when Melvin was tossing them with the loader.

ok black bay beat me to it. i think levi was the name of the guy that worked for pihl when duanne quit. duanne rode up with him the next day and they worked together cutting the trees. i cannt remember the name of the kid that worked for browning, but his brother and dad were on the show from time to time last year. and yes melvin sent him running when he threw cable at him. it was close.

Those Pelletier boys are good but kind of hard to understand. You can tell they're from Maine because I noticed the one day they had a short argument in they started yelling in French.

On Ax Men, has anybody read in Jimmy the Aqua Logger's case is settled yet? I know people posted on here about the charges but has there been a fine handed down so far?

DD

I checked SS HSOforum yesterday, and they have a tab you can click to donate to a legal defense fund.

I was unable to find how anything has come out yet.

Doing a little research, it seems to be the standard that you need permits to do this kind of logging.

Judging by Jimmy's operation and condition of his gear, it does not surprise me that he would not get the proper permits to make the job legal.

State waters seem to be like state forests. You just can't go get stuff because it's there.

I recall several years ago that someone wanted to do some aqua logging in Minnesota on some lakes around Bemidji. They were unable to get permits.

State waters seem to be like state forests. You just can't go get stuff because it's there.

I recall several years ago that someone wanted to do some aqua logging in Minnesota on some lakes around Bemidji. They were unable to get permits.

Wasn`t there an underwater logging operation out of Ashland,WI back a few years ago that was bringing up sunken logs from the bay. I remember watching a special on it with Jason Davis or

someone.