• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

AX MAN **Official Thread**

bassNspear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking like someone is going to get seriously hurt this year. That guy aqua logging is goofy. The way he's doing things is going to kill him or someone else. Like they showed, if the winch rope breaks it's going to cut someone in half. A couple of those guys need a good kick in the rear too. LOL It is good entertainment though.

That aqua logging outfit is going to throw in the towel if he doesn't get his act together. Oil filters, no gas, equipment breakdowns, poor boating skills, what a joke! If it was so easy to pull a $10,000 log out of a river, don't you think someone would have done it already? And yelling at his son for EVERYTHING; what a way to mess up your own kid.

Should be a good year, i like watching Jesse Browning go nuts

That guy better have a plan B on what he's going to do with his life. He can't handle the pressure his dad is putting on him. He should hook up with Pihl logging. It looks like they have an opening as a cutter.

Did you see Jesse freak out when he was yelling at the guy to bring a regular choker,when the e-chokers weren't working? Man he has some anger problems! Can it really be that hard for the Aqua Loggers to get the rope around that stump? Seriously,there has to be a better way to get that log out than using the boat tied to a pole! lol I don't blame Dewayne for walking off,if I was Keith sitting in the machine I wouldn't be complaining about anything,I'd take that job over hooking chokers all day! If he doesn't like the logs at tree length maybe he should crawl his lazy butt out of the machine and go cut them himself!

The guys doing the aqua logging and the kind of people that make you stop and go "How on earth did they survive this long?"

When they ran the boat into the bridge on the first episode, that was priceless.

I really like the show though, Jesse Browning is really something else...

i think it would be easier for the auqa loggers to use a smaller more manuverable boat to hook up to the logs with all that current and have the barge anchored.

i thought i saw one of the guys from stump branch( melvin lardy's company) working for mike pihl this year.

poor jessie is well on his way to a heart attack by 35.

i think the company that had the road wash out was gustufson.

and who thinks the pretty boy greenhorn is going to make it through the whole season? i dont. love the show glad its back.

That store is entertainment for those of us who dont own or watch TV.

...by watching the people there who want to build their own TV with components purchased there so they temselves can be entertained. grin That has to be both the most unusual and the most entertaining store I have ever been to. I can't even imagine the time it takes to write up the descriptions!

When I looked at the topic I thought of the store too. The one that was closest to me is gone, and it sucks it is such a fun store to walk around and find stuff you never need or didn't know you needed. Where are there still ax man stores?

I do think I have seen this show once and it was a neat show. I might have to find it on the net sense I don't have cable right now.

Great Show. I think it is better than the deadliest catch. I came across a marathon 2 weeks ago and I was hooked. It will be interesting to see what happens to the aqua loggers. that guy is hillarious. He is about as smart as the logs that he is pulling up. I especially got a kick out of the green horn from Ryhland's crew. The guy shows up in a Nissan Altima which gets stuck, then he doesn't have a hard hat and he is wearing an Abercrombie button up shirt. pretty funny to watch.

I kinda chuckled at the part when he said the line could cut you in half! It brought back memories of a Mythbusters I had watched a while back. They took a fairly thick metal cable and stretched it out to breaking point. They placed a dead pig(for a human replacement!)in the path of where the wire would have the most force after breaking. They tried at least 5 times to cut that pig in half. Didn't happen.

The guys doing the aqua logging and the kind of people that make you stop and go "How on earth did they survive this long?"

When they ran the boat into the bridge on the first episode, that was priceless.

I really like the show though, Jesse Browning is really something else...

Turns out the WA state DNR was watching the show, and the aqua loggers were doing it illegal.

Shows how they CAN'T get away with it.

The History Channel bills "Ax Men" as a reality-television show offering a glimpse into the rugged life of Northwest loggers.

But perhaps part of the show should have aired on A&E Television's Crime & Investigation Network.

Washington state timber regulators say it appears "Ax Men" episodes airing nationwide show a Cle Elum-based company, S&S Aqua Logging, breaking state law by salvaging logs from the Hoquiam River without permits.

"We get our cases from TV now," joked Larry Raedel, the chief of law-enforcement services for the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), who was tipped to the case Sunday while watching the show at home.

The state normally doesn't issue permits for underwater log salvage because of the potential ecological impacts of pulling the logs from the river, Raedel said.

"He (the owner of the company) had inquired about permits, and we said we don't issue permits for that kind of activity," Raedel said. "So, apparently he went off on his own and was doing it."

Because the river bottom is considered state aquatic lands, the logs are public property, Raedel said. The logs can be valuable because they are preserved and essentially pressure-treated while underwater.

The state is investigating the case as a possible felony theft. No charges have been issued.

But DNR on Friday seized more than 50 logs and other pieces of wood from a property alongside the Hoquiam River in Grays Harbor County.

A call to the company's offices was not returned. History Channel officials also could not be reached for comment, but parts of episodes featuring the company were still on the channel's Web site Friday afternoon.

The sections feature Jimmy Smith of S&S Aqua Logging, a logger prone to yelling and cursing, working on a river with his son, James.

In one scene, Jimmy Smith explains that he took to underwater salvage to get logs without having to cut them down.

"It is unfortunate that the History Channel has chosen to glorify illegal activity and unsafe logging practices on their television program," said state Public Lands Commissioner Peter Goldmark, who oversees DNR, in a prepared statement.

Raedel said he's not sure how long the company has been pulling logs from Washington rivers. He said they have not had a chance to interview the owner.

They also have not heard back from the History Channel after trying to reach the show this week to see about getting copies of all

the episodes.

Seattle Times article, I heard about it on Fox 9 news tonight.

Well, our illegal friend got his submerged log! Well, he got it to shore, at least. More poor planning and screaming and f-bombs, but it's loose, and tethered to shore. We'll see what happens next week, I guess.

The Heli-logging must make some serious bank to cover the costs of an $850,000 helicopter. That crew seems to have it's act together, though, and can really move the wood. The calm communication style seems to work in their favor, and even their big mishap was fixed by releasing one log from the tether. Can't carry as much on a full tank!

Awesome show. Missed it last night. I usually catch the show late night. The aqua loggers are hilarious. I'm sure the history Chanel will pay for their defense and quietly get it swept under the rug. After all they were aiding to the cause of the show.