• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BOOGARD

pinkfloyd4ever

Without question, Boogaard would win. Plett and Carlson were great fighters in their day but were only about 205 pounds. Boogie is 6'7" and 270 pounds. Plett brings back memories of the old North Stars and the Blackhawks when Plett and Secord would fight.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like clutterbuck too because he is a hustler. Problem is he wears a visor and I believe instigating a fight with a visor is a penalty, so it would be tough for him to fill the enforcer position completely. Still, I like the way he plays and hope he is around for a bit.

I like clutterbuck too because he is a hustler. Problem is he wears a visor and I believe instigating a fight with a visor is a penalty, so it would be tough for him to fill the enforcer position completely. Still, I like the way he plays and hope he is around for a bit.

You get a penalty regardless of whether you have a visor on or not for instigating.

LOL

Boogie was a beast lastnight, nobody from Toronto even wanted to look at him. I agree Clutterbuck is become an awesome player, but on the same note, in order from him to fly around and hit players like he does, he knows he has the boogieman right there to protect him.

Originally Posted By: KMR85

You get a penalty regardless of whether you have a visor on or not for instigating.

If you start a fight with a visor on you get an instigator penalty and you get an extra penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Add that to the 5 minutes for fighting and you have 9 minutes in penalties. And please... will everyone stop referring to Boogaard as a hockey player!!

Quote:
And please... will everyone stop referring to Boogaard as a hockey player!!

eh? its simple really... if he was not on the Wild's roster or any hockey roster, he is not a hockey player except playing a little bit in his youth days but he is playing on the Wild so he is a hockey player. No arguement.

Quote:

eh? its simple really... if he was not on the Wild's roster or any hockey roster, he is not a hockey player except playing a little bit in his youth days but he is playing on the Wild so he is a hockey player. No arguement.

He's a goon/clown on skates. The guy wouldn't score a point in my over 40 men’s league. He is a very important part of the Wild team because I think every team needs a goon. So I guess if that's what you consider a 'hockey player' fine. Personally I think a guy should be able to skate without looking like he misses his double-runner training skates. I also think that stopping and turning should be a prerequisite for an NHL player. Being able to pass and shoot would be an added bonus as well. There are plenty of guys out there that are good fighters and can actually play the game.

I see Cal got the Wild started last night with a goal, got into a little tussle, and earned the third star of the game.

With 6 goals you'd think Boogie would be on the ice for at least one of them...let's check the box score...Nope. Hmmm. At least he intimidated the Maple Leafs into not scoring more.

I think he should be played more, especially in the power plays as a screen. I'll give you the fact that he is not the best skater but he gets his role done. I also love the intensity of clutterbuck, but lets face it-he does not stand a chance in a fight against a 270lber.

Go Wild!!!

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
Quote:

He's a goon/clown on skates. The guy wouldn't score a point in my over 40 men’s league. He is a very important part of the Wild team because I think every team needs a goon. So I guess if that's what you consider a 'hockey player' fine. Personally I think a guy should be able to skate without looking like he misses his double-runner training skates. I also think that stopping and turning should be a prerequisite for an NHL player. Being able to pass and shoot would be an added bonus as well. There are plenty of guys out there that are good fighters and can actually play the game.

There is no player in the nhl that is slow, can't skate, can;t pass or can't shoot. If they are in the nhl they are a pretty good hockey player. If boogaards only use was fighting he wouldn't get half of the ice time he does. so he doesn't put up big points. He has many positive attributes that make him a key player. Why does everyone talk about him? why do all the other teams hate him?

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
Quote:

My guess is that any player in the NHL would make any player on your men's league team look like a clown (including Boogaard..). If your men's league buddies were better they would be in the NHL. I'm not saying Boogaard is the same as Ovechkin, but it takes more than 1 type of player to make a hockey team.

I think that it sucks that the NHL is trying to change the game. I like it better when they could get down and dirty. If the players and fans dont like it that way go play or watch basketball. All they worry about is goals, ya its sweet watching great plays and goals but thats not the whole game.

And a team like the wild has to have a player like Boogaard, hes not only a enforcer, but he make other player on the ice make sure they no where he is when he is on the ice.

Spearchucker, I'm sorry but you are completely wrong! There have been ex-NHL players in my men's league. The guys that were goons in the NHL can't compete with many of the guys in the league. Like I said before, I don't dislike Boogaard! He has a role to play for the Wild and he does a good job at it. But don't try to tell me that he can skate are handle the puck because you're just plain wrong! None of this matters anyhow. It's apples and oranges talking about a no checking men's league and the NHL.