• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Man Rules

For men, who have such a hard time telling us how they feel in general, why is it they have to have the last word? whistlewink.

We don't have a hard time explaining how we feel, we know that you'll eventually figure it out for yourself. Why put in that effort, or risk a misinterpretation? See, we're all about efficiency and keeping the peace. You'll tell us how we feel, and we'll give you the last word mentioned above ya, ie: "Yes Dear!" grin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: mngirl
For men, who have such a hard time telling us how they feel in general, why is it they have to have the last word? whistlewink.

We don't have a hard time explaining how we feel, we know that you'll eventually figure it out for yourself. Why put in that effort, or risk a misinterpretation? See, we're all about efficiency and keeping the peace. You'll tell us how we feel, and we'll give you the last word mentioned above ya, ie: "Yes Dear!" grin

So that's how it is, boy, if I figured this out a while ago... you men should just come out and say it. cool I must have this all wrong then, I can never figure men out...but I will admit some of those rules are quite right, sorry ladies. blush

Well, if one of the sexes doesn't come out and say it, the other should. Hence, it is upon you men to be the bold ones while us women are subtle, partly because we are better at it. Stick to what you are more efficient at. If men are not good at being subtle it's up to us women to be so. smile

So, remember out in Nik and Jer's fish house when I proclaimed equal rights across the board, but couldn't come up with an example.....

There ya go! In my truely equal rights world, there's no gender role when it comes to chores, payment, or convo domination/initiation! cool

Of course, there's just a touch of spite. Hense the reason I put both seat and lid down after every use. If I have to lift something, so do you! grin

Originally Posted By: hovermn
Originally Posted By: mngirl

So that's how it is, boy, if I figured this out a while ago... you men should just come out and say it. cool I must have this all wrong then, I can never figure men out...but I will admit some of those rules are quite right, sorry ladies. blush

Maybe the reason that we dont come out and say it is because we are giving you the benefit of the doubt that you CAN read our minds and know everything that we are thinking... Gotta give you gals some credit... smile

I have been married for over 30 years,, AND TO THE SAME WOMAN. lol. There are always going to be "Man Rules" and womans view points. No matter what we think of our rules , or the way we do or don't do things. or the way we think and interpit her. it is never going to be the same way she views it. So... just to clear things up see Rule #1

Women should not be allowed to use the words "fine" and "whatever" in an arguement. becasue we all know if a guy says, honey im going fishing with the guys, and the reply is "fine" they really dont mean fine, or ok, or sure.

if "whatever" comes out, that doesnt mean they dont care, or sure,or yes thats ok. For lack of a better/nicer term "go jump off a bridge!" laughlaugh

Croth- we should add "maybe" and "I don't know" to that list as well. Both of those regularly cause problems. They both lead to women having a plan but not wanting to deal with the issue at hand so when the guy deals with it they can quietly be mad for weeks on end.

well thirty years ago I did,nt have a choice, get married or shot ( not kidding, wifes brothers had to hide the guns from dad b4 I could go over there) and then the wedding vows were different. in fact when I took them I thought it was mutiple choice.

My friends and I use the words "fine" and "whatever" in an exasperated tone. That should be a clue. Especially when accompanied by a very audible sigh.

Typically, we use the more subtle ways of telling our true feelings, since we cannot handle our husbands acting like our children when told "no". blushgrin

Of course, there's just a touch of spite. Hense the reason I put both seat and lid down after every use. If I have to lift something, so do you! grin

LOL - I like it - and agree - equal is equal grin

And to the ladies and guys i really do agree with all the rules except 2 of them --- #1 and #1

I have had the great pleasure of hanging around groups of women and groups of men ( the benifits of being lesbian I guess ) anyway - they are soooo different. But I love em both.

Being one of the "guys" and traveling and fishing with Scott, his brother and nephew, is so very different from traveling and fishing with the women from this forum. I truely enjoy both versions. You just need to except the difference and enjoy the differences.

I have had the great pleasure of hanging around groups of women and groups of men ( the benifits of being lesbian I guess ) anyway - they are soooo different. But I love em both.

Being one of the "guys" and traveling and fishing with Scott, his brother and nephew, is so very different from traveling and fishing with the women from this forum. I truely enjoy both versions. You just need to except the difference and enjoy the differences.

I hope you mean that we women catch more and bigger fish