• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Panfish Photo Gallery

Scott M

[note from admin: please read forum (picture) policy before posting again]

Deep water crappies in a metro lake. All are over 11"

Buddies of mine have picked up 9 more that are over 11" with the biggest being 14" in the same spot last night!

All the work, patients, frustration, and money later pays off!

Hey calvinist, we need to get out one of these days, looks like the late season crazy pannie action is gonna happen pretty soon! You up for a little hole-hoppin up on Pokegama up in Pine City?

Definitely, let's get out somewhere before the end of the ice season. Never fished Pokie in PC...You know where to go? Maybe in a week or so on saturday we can do a one day trip somewhere. How does that sound? I can't do anything this weekend though.

I caught a great one this weekend with a great group of guys on beautiful day, a personal best for me. 4 hours of phenomenal fishing with all kinds of fish getting pulled: 9"+ gills, 12" crappies, and a couple of jumbos. Also caught some big rock bass, tulibees, a northern, and big suckers. Who knew?

Wish it was a true bluegill, but it is a beaut all the same. I probably could have set her up for measuring better, but it is what it is.

sspx0071b.jpg

sspx0073w.jpg

Well, maybe I should say a prettier gill. I'd like it to have more of a striped, darker blue/green coloring. I know it's a 'gill, but just not as pretty as I've pulled out before. More like the one in the pic above where CALVINIST is holding it with the lakeshore in the background.