• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

winter riding

Ryoushi

A 4 stroke with 177 hp! WOW! I thought the Yamaha's were nuts!

From what I have read, those that have received this new machine and promptly put it on a dyno it was actually closer to 184hp stock. The 177 number is conservative.

There are several reputable sources that are putting out performance parts for this machine and I have seen one that dynoed 460hp. YES, 460HP without any internal changes to the motor. This was on race fuel and with a new turbo charger and fuel controller.

That is not trailable, but it sure would be fun!! Nothing like squeezing the fun handle on a snowmobile and watch the speedo go up as fast as the obstacles pass by!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here guys, but the thread has wandered off topic.

I ask that snowmobile specs/discussions are taken to the snowmobile forum.

Thanks

sorry about that, yes it did get off topic.

I had heard that wheelers can ride on all snowmobile trails in Wisc. Is this correct?

Some are multi-use but not many. Check regs closely. Many will have signs on them indicating no atv use.

From regulations:

Winter ATV Use

Snowmobile trails are NOT automatically open to ATV use. In many cases

it is illegal to ride an ATV on a snowmobile trail. Violating this law threatens

current and future opportunities to have joint use trails. Check locally for

special ATV allowances on county snowmobile trails.

✓ You must slow to 10 MPH or less when within 100 feet

of an ice fi shing shanty (ice shack) or person not on a

snowmobile, ATV or other motorized vehicle.

One thing to keep in mind in the winter--we have 10,000 atv tracks open for play. Just hit the nearest lake--set a few tips ups and make your kids watch them. Best part of the hard water time is I dont have to worry about needing a jet ski---

eyestogills,

I ask that you do not reference doing any activities that can lead to angering other Sportsmen/Women on the ice or could earn you a ticket from a LEO.

Please post information in a positive fashion. We do not condone any posts that promote actions that will anger others.

Thank You.

DS

I appologize. I seen this going on around me on the ice this weekend and thought it was common practice. (Really was happening)

Of course I was kidding, You should not leave your kids and dont run around on the ice next to others.

ATV can be ran on the lakes and it seems like it would be ok to drive around like the trucks do. Just dont bother others. and stay far away from the guys fishing, there is lots of open area.

Right?

Right?

That is correct. As long as we adhere to the laws we're all good. I thought there was a bit of sarcasm in your post, but without the smileys, some may not interpret your post that way.

Thanks,

DS

i didn't see anything wrong with what you said. people get angered by simply haveing a different brand of 4 wheeler than they do. you can't predict whats going to upset someone else other than the obvious.i still can't figure out what kind of a ticket you could have gotten from the activities you suggested from your post.respect other peoples space but you don't have to be timmid of what you want to do, just so you don't offend someone.

I think I saw his original post and I am guessing his post was edited by an ADMIN of this site. there was reference to some other actions that were removed

had nothing to with brand bashing. the content that Lep7mm is referring to is just no longer visible

I did edit out some text.

The activity mentioned will most certainly anger someone on the lake and earn you a ticket by a CO for "Operating in a reckless and headless manner". Especially on the ice.

As reelemin mentioned in one of her posts, we don't need to make things any harder for us than it already is.

I would like to get out in the snow before the trails close in the spring.

At this rate, we will be lucky to have 2 months of open trails.

With the amount of snow we've been getting its getting, more limited as to where a guy could go. Then, it gonna be compounded by the fact that trails will probably open late in the spring due to the wet conditions. Cant win.........

Is there anything open right now? I could be alot of fun right now in the woods, unless the snow is too deep? I havent had my wheeler out of the yard since October!

I agree. The only things close are St.Croix, which is mostly snowmobile trails, and Spider Lake, which has a few more trails for atv's than snowmobiles.

Snow's never to deep for Somethingfishy! grin

Great...... now i'm gonna get stuck crazy lol

I high centered it once the day after I bought it trying to cross a steep bank on the side of an ice road playing around, had a buddy sit on the front and rear racks and she crawled right back over. But other than that it has done everythting I have asked including Cross Country on URL with the plow blade still attached.

I do have my Big Horns on my girlfriends machine so that could be fun to play with.