• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anne Hutchinson????

zamboni

Anne Hutchinson out at KSTP-TV

By David Brauer | Published Fri, Dec 5 2008 2:57 pm

There are a few more recognizable names among KSTP-TV's layoffs — chief among them sportscaster Anne Hutchinson. The writing was on the wall for Hutchinson a week ago, when her "High School Sports Wrap" was canceled for low revenues.

Anne HutchinsonMost viewers won't recognize another name: executive producer Danielle Prenevost. Ironically, Prenevost was all over the news last month after she fired an intern, who allegedly went berserk, screaming profanities and busting out windows.

KSTP insiders stress that the incident had nothing to do with Prenevost's departure. Neither Hutchinson nor Prenevost returned a call for comment.

Hutchinson's show wasn't the only one eliminated; Jason Davis' stand-alone "On the Road" was also canceled, though Davis remains at KSTP.

I talked this morning with general manager Rob Hubbard, who would not confirm personnel or even layoff numbers. (The Strib's Neal Justin reports it was "up to 18.")

Hubbard insisted the station is not losing money. "We're not going broke," he said. "We're not in that position."

However, he said the cuts were made in accordance with a 2009 budget that is "significantly down." The biggest factor: the evaporation of automotive ads — "by far our largest category."

There's always a bit of feistiness to the Hubbard males (I worked for Rob's sister Ginny at KSTP-AM a decade ago), and Rob is no exception.

He contends KSTP's layoffs are getting more attention because they're the market's only local owners — though I seem to remember a bit of publicity about that Paul Douglas thing at WCCO — and because they were done en mass, compared to other stations dribbling out their bad news.

Hubbard argues KSTP's headcount remains high, compared with other stations, insists no other shoe is about to drop: "We're not making any promises, but there's nothing we're planning, no second sheet of paper."

Leah McClain is a hottie. She reminds me of the sister later on on the old tv show Growing Pains (Tracey Gold).

Yea, you nailed it for sure. Leah is a hottie for sure. I'm a huge fan of Julie Nelson as well. And by the way HD just makes it better!!

From Ann Hutchinson to Tracy Gold? wow.

What?? I think I can recognize 2 hot chicks. Belinda Jensen is hot as well. Don't watch WCCO (we have CBS affiliate out of Mankato) so I have no clue whats up on there.

If her no compete clause is rescinded, that's if she had one, she should go to Kare11 (they have a few hotties) and they can get rid of schwartz. They could have a trifecta of hotties...Jensen, Nelson or Hockert, Hutchinson. That would bring in the ratings for sure.

mmm...Amy. Guess we'll just have to do with Karla Hult. Always been a Rena fan too. Even more so now that she had a visit from the chest fairy. Whatever happened to Rashini(sp) on the big 830? That was not a face meant to be hidden on radio.

I really do not see the fascination in her. To each his or her own but to have a 4 page thread WOW!

And the Packers have a 20+ page thread about THEM. Good looking woman/BAD football team. Good looking woman/BAD football team. HMMMMMM, I will take the good looking woman.

If she doesn't come back for a local station look for one of the national services MSNBC, CNN etc. to giver her a tryout. Her experience may be in sports, but the networks are using some very pretty women on the daytime news desks

If she doesn't come back for a local station look for one of the national services MSNBC, CNN etc. to giver her a tryout. Her experience may be in sports, but the networks are using some very pretty women on the daytime news desks

'zactly. There's a reason they call it the Fox Network. Just watch their news. grin