• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOST

mrklean

Question: How did Faraday get off the island? Last I remember him is sitting in the Dharma camp and seeing a young charlotte.

Get a kick out of hurley's new humor- writing empire strikes back before it comes out.

Otherwise, I sit back and wait for the quint report

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faraday left the island when they first were flashed back to 1974, and were accepted in the Dharma group due to Sawyer's fancy word-work. They were initially supposed to leave the island immediately, and then Horace gave them 2 more weeks to look for their friends before the next sub was supposed to leave. They have been in Dharma ever since, with jobs and room and board. They were, however, given the choice to leave on the sub, and I think Faraday must have taken them up on it, and is now returning.

I like how Hurley had creative additions to his Empire script, and how he was going to make George Lucas's job easier by writing the script for him, and not for personal gain. Nice freak-out when he saw the numbers being imprinted on the hatch.

It was pretty much a given, in my eyes anyways, that Miles would indeed be Pierre Chang's son, with the nosebleeds and abilities showing that he was an island resident. Great conversation between Hurley, Chang, and Miles in the van.

So who are these "Statue Shadow" people? I thought they'd be Widmore plants, but they didn't want Miles to have anything to do with Naomi and Widmore's team. I thought they might be off island Others, but that doesn't make sense with their sub being blown up by Locke in 2005. Are they a new faction, or am I missing something? More later....

Question, they talked of the polar bear being on another island last night and studies and what not, but in the first season werent the bears on the main island? Did the polar bears become crazy and start killing people? No, but its funny to think that.

MrKlen if you go after the DVD's be sure to get the newest one from Target very shortly after the release date. I have been getting them for under $30 per season. It's short lived then they go to 49.99 ($50). I have searched web and even used are tough to find at under $30 but I have gotten every season for just under $30. I like you hade to watch the first 3 seasons due to a late start to the game. Once I got Seasons 1 thru 3 I knew I would be rewatching this 10 and 20 years later so I will stay with the DVD collection even though I am now watching them current.

HA! I knew my polar bears were gonna make a comeback (of sorts).

I thought it was funny when Chang told Hurley he better keep quiet or he would be working in the kitchen forever and Hurley gave him the funniest look and said "I LIKE working in the kitchen". Take that Chang!

Then Hurley just kept tormenting Miles. Classic.

I sense more tension in the Jack/Sawyer/Freckles/Juliet love machine. You could see it in Sawyer's eyes when he found Jack having coffee with Juliet.

And geez Sun, what the heck are you doing? It has been like 4 episodes and you havent accomplished much in finding you beloved hubby.

It was a basic recap of the oceanic 6's life off the island, nothing new seen. It still leaves the gap open on how Hurley came to end up on the plane though. Covered his arrest at his folks house after Ben visited, then next piece with him is him on the plane. So the question is, what makes him decide to go back? He brings with a guitar so was it a visit from Charlie? How does he get out of jail though, ana lucia?

And we got Frank's now famous line as the plane is in the air "we're not going to guam are we?"

I was first not real excited to see a recap, as they usually end up being the lame clip show equivalent. As I watched, though, I was pulled in. You never get to see events laid out like this from this series; all in order, all tied up. It was pretty cool to see the flashforwards all linked and meshed together. I did pick up on a few things that missed, but of course now have forgotten them now that I'm writing.

Ben and Jack's relationship after getting back to the US was interesting, especially when viewed as it happened. It makes me wonder why he chose not to perform surgery on young Ben, when it was indeed Ben who got them back to the island and to Juliet.

Looking forward to the next episode "The Variable." It is the 100th episode of LOST, hard to believe. I'm really interested in Faraday and his story. I hope he's got it all together, as he was pretty out there after Charlotte's death. Looked fine popping his head out of the sub, though.

I missed it to as I was at T-ball. Well, no, now that you asked, it wasnt ME playing T-ball but the little girla. Anyway, did it show that Jack wanted to get back cuz of Juliet? Other than polar bears, that is one of my fav parts, the jack/freckles/sawyer/juliet saga.

faraday...it it really is his mother that is in LA and directed them back...he grew up with this stuff and I bet there is more to him than meets the eye. Although he does wear his emotions on his sleeve.

Dang, and I wanted to join a T-ball league for the summer. We are left in the dark a bit on Jack's reason to go back. Kate for Claire. Sun for Jin. Sayid on the plane to face prosecution for killing one of Whitmore's men. Locke in the coffin, Ben because he wants to. Hurley ??? From what I remember about Jack, he doesn't want to go back. Locke in car accident, Jack says not going back. But what then makes Jack want to go back? He has some sort of revelation that we aren't aware of right? (Right quint?)

...From what I remember about Jack, he doesn't want to go back. Locke in car accident, Jack says not going back. But what then makes Jack want to go back? He has some sort of revelation that we aren't aware of right? (Right quint?)

We don't know yet what it was, or if it was a single thing or a a mix of differnet things falling apart. Seeing his father in the hospital, Locke telling him they have to get back to the island and Locke saying Christian told him to move the island, not trusting Kate when she was away with Sawyer's old fling and daughter, and the depression, pill popping, and drinking were all factors, I think.

When he saw "Jeremy Bentham's" obituary, then attemted suicide, and was rejected by Kate, it kind of turned him around, and Ben was there to help, of course.

I've got high hopes for it. It sounds like Faraday is gonna come clean about how much he actually knows about the island, and finally fill the Losties (and us!) in about it. I've got a feeling it's gonna be set at a breakneck pace all the way to the season finale.

i gotta be the first to say the [PoorWordUsage] hit the fan tonight, dang that was good widmore is daniels dad, dont think we knew that before, then he is the one who dies????? Next week is gonna be crazy

Yes good story and my man "Are you him, brotha?" is alive and well. Does he need to return to the island also? Didn't appear that way, although Whitmore was left outside the hosp. How about Faraday, essentially predicts his own death!

Loved Sawyer on first seeing him "hi ya twitchy" LOL.

Faraday thought he knew how to save everyone, now he is dead. Appears Jack will take over that roll by following his book. The stuff hit the fan alright, and Alpert has now met 2 time travelers and his conversation with Sawyer about Locke. Wonder what Alpert decides from here?

I think I called the breakneck pace, alright. Faraday could not sit still! Widmore is Dan's dad? I called it! I really dug his "I can make time" line as a kid playing piano.

So after the episode, I got to thinking about Eloise and Dan's relationship. All his young and adult life, she had been pushing him and pushing him into mathematics. We didn't really know why, but now I think I do. In Eloise's life, she had met Daniel in her 20's (1954), shot him in her 40's(1977), and I think that is why she left the island. We don't know if he was born on the island, but I think he was. Infant Dan might have even been in camp when adult Dan was shot!

Anyways, Eloise was grooming him to figure out how to stop "the incident" as she saw it's effects long term (Swan station being built, 815 crashing, turning the wheel, and time traveling). I think her ability to read the future may have been a side effect to the incident, and knew she had the ability to change them through Daniel.

Eloise may have even needed to shoot Daniel to get the job done for all we know. Sounds pretty morbid, but follow me here: If Eloise grand plan works to stop the "incident" and therefore stop all the resulting events, Infant Daniel grows up on the island and all is well for everyone. If adult Daniel were to stop the incident himself, then what does he do? He is trapped in 1977 with an infant version of himself. I think he had to die to make this work.

This parallels with my previous thoughts on Jack and his "Grandfather" back in the states. Remember when I said that I thought his grandfather was none other than the 1977 version of himself aged 30+ years? Maybe Jack had to stay behind for the rest of the losties to get back to the future, and was allowed to go back to the states. GF Jack knows what everything that happened, but adult Jack has no idea who he really is.

Or maybe they all are around, but on the island. Imagine: the grownup 1977 versions of Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Jin, Juliet, and Hurley as members of the Others in 2005 when 815 flies right on by the island with the 2005 versions of themselves inside, without crashing?

I think I just sprained my brain.

I like this Faraday spin, very interesting thoughts Quint.

The Jack is Christian is Jack has my interest peeked, but there would be a lot of loose ends to really sew together now wouldn't there? For one, wouldnt Jack have to somehow know he is Christian? Flashbacks show the two of them together in various times, the OR mishap when Christian was drunk and Jack took over. Christian does run into Sawyer, before he dies, in Australia while Jack is in the states. Plus Christian does tell Locke to "say hello to my son." I don't know more answers we think we know the more questions there are.

Are you him Brotha?