• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOST

mrklean

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice grab, Medman! I like the looks of Hurley and Jack's faces! Not a flattering outfit for Kate, either.

Yes those are the looks. And yes, poor Kate, won't be flashing any skin for the boys it looks like

And you nailed it again there quint with the namaste = welcome

yes I figured it had to be him too bringing the sandwich.

So, it appears that the island complex, the main island and the one or two smaller islands are in two different time periods, thats my best guess. With hurley, sayid, doc and kate in 1977 and Ben, Frank, Sun, and the other surviviors in 2007 on a smaller island, which also has Locke somewhere.

Sawyer giving Jack the verbal whippin lettin jack know he was runnin the show was cool. Next week's looks great!

i had to laugh when jack was told he was gonna be a toilet cleaner, i think that one darma guy thinks something is up, the way he looked at jack before he went to talk to sawyer. I was sad no Locke at all last night.

Ben walking in at the end was a great scene, and my wife said that Sayid now has a purpose in the past: to kill Ben and change the future. That would really mess with things. The Purge wouldn't occur. The hostiles would remain the hostiles for a longer time and not take over the island. The 815 crash might not even happen due to the Swan continuing to be monitored by Dharma people and not others. Quite the paradox.

And Horace and Amy's kid is: Ethan! The guy who helped recruit Juliet to the island to begin with. The guy who infiltrated the 815 survivors camp on Ben's command immediately after the crash. The guy who kidnapped Claire and almost killed Charlie, only to later be killed by Charlie. The guy who shot Locke in the leg in the past. A main character, born as a Dharma-ite, but lives and dies as an Other. If he was old enough to help in the Purge he, along with Ben, kill their own dads!

Jack getting a tongue-lashing from Sawyer, Nice! Sawyer continues to be the man. It was a great dialogue going into how all Jack did as a leader was get people killed to get off the island, only to fight to get back to the island. Meanwhile, Sawyer comes out looking like the genius all along with his actions having better results in the end. Do you think Jack is regretting his decision to come back to the island?

I hope the Juliet/Sawyer/Kate/Jack thing gets resolved soon. In all reality, Sawyer and Juliet have spent 3 years together to arrive at their current relationship, while he and Kate were only together around 4 months. Same with Kate and Jack: 3+ years with Kate, but only a couple of months with Juliet. I'm sure it will get ugly soon, but I hope it doesn't drag out for too long.

I think Frank/Ben/Sun/Locke and the other survivors are indeed in 2008, and both islands are in 2008. Christian is apparently showing Frank and Sun how to "get back to Jin," But I think it will be the Sawyer and company actually coming to the future by using the Swan station or the Orchid in the past. Sun and Frank will need to set up some kind of a "stop sign" in 2008 for them to know where to stop time-travelling or something along those lines. Everyone is once again on the island in 2008/9 and there will not be any more time travelling.

Or everyone just dies.

Or it was all a dream in Nikki's head, as she wakes up next to Paulo. And none of it really happened at all.

Nikki and Paulo

i had to laugh when jack was told he was gonna be a toilet cleaner, i think that one darma guy thinks something is up, the way he looked at jack before he went to talk to sawyer. I was sad no Locke at all last night.

Yes, I laughed at that too "based on your aptitude scores you are qualified as a janitor"

Who is Richard Alpert?!?!

He is. He just is.

Richard Alpert: R.A.: Ra: Egyptian Sun Diety

From Wikipedia:

"In later Egyptian dynastic times, Ra was merged with the god Horus, as Re-Horakhty (and many variant spellings). When his worship reached this position of importance in the Egyptian pantheon, he was believed to command the sky, the earth, and the underworld."

Ra + Horus (Richard Alpert + Horace Goodspeed) = Island Ruler. But, sadly, Richard ends up having a part of Harace's death in the Purge, thereby taking complete control of the island.

See, I thought Richard was Ra at first as well. But my biggest problem with that is that Ra would NEVER play second fiddle to anyone. Not only that but that answer seems to simple for LOST. If there's one thing that LOST is good at it's making things more complicated than they should be. I do think Richard is Egyptian. But I want to know how old he is, what was he before he came to the island, and what's his special connection to the island.

Funny thing is: he could have come on the ship the Black Rock, he could have been there before that, and then even before THAT. Not having a baseline for him makes him a very intrigueing character. The dark eyeliner seems a little over the top, but gets the egyptian link down. One of the things I like most about him is he seems to have the big picture down and doesn't ever do things for his own personal gain, unlike Ben. He may not be leading the others, but at times he seems to be leading Ben and Locke by being a confidant.

Ben may have been the big floating head, but Richard is indeed the man behind the curtain.

Yes. Richard does have a calming and controlling influence over Ben and the others. I imagine at some point here the Richard story will unfold, that is one big loose end that must be tied up.

Plus there is the entire Christian Shepard angle to be explained and where has Claire gone since we last saw her in the cabin?

Also, the oceanic 6 present day is 2007, not 09 as they were rescued in 04 and were off the island for 3 years, before boarding 316 and crashing again. So does there need to be one final time jump to go back to 09, or whatever present time will be at the ultimate conclusion?

Ben has his own motives, so IMO he must have a mission to kill John Locke to regain control of the island or never lose control of the island depending on how you want to look at it. Next week's preview makes you think Sayid plans to kill Ben, and Eloise told Desmond that the island was not done with him yet. Did Ben get his revenge by killing the daughter of Whitmore?

And what is the riddle of Jacob?

WOW!

LOL Dwight, but I hear ya, plus I was just trying to sound a little smarter to keep up with quint up there.

Try this one on, is there any rationale with the number 3 and/or multiples of it?

3 years the whole 04 & 07

30 years 77 & 07

One of the most recent episodes had a time difference of 3 weeks.

Oceanic 6, was there 6 dharma stations? multiple of 3

Would there have been, in theory 3 leaders of the others?

Ben's predecessor, Ben, and Locke

Maybe I am just overcharged here, thank god there is that show tonight at 8pm on NBC

Technically, there are closer to 8 Dharma stations, and the 316 crew is there in January of 2008. And they have enough numbers mumbojumbo with the whole 4 8 15 16 23 42 thing. 3 does show up a lot, though. Number of planes on the island in 2008: 3. Number of leaders of the survivors: Jack, Locke, Sawyer: 3. And more, I'm sure.

Tonight's episode: "He's Our You"

Rumors are that it will be a Sayid heavy episode. What's he been doing while Jack/Kate/Hurley have been getting Dharma-tized? I think the Hostiles/Others may have had a little face time with him, Widmore gave him an agenda, and are sending him into Dharma as a plant. We may even get to see Ellie again! I may have a little bit of a TV crush on young Ellie.

Paradox Theory Time! Christian had shown Sun and Frank the picture of the Dharma recruiting class of '77 picture with Jack/Kate/Hurley, which was hanging in the "Orientation" building in 2008. The Others stayed in the Barracks after the Purge until the Mercenaries came and they all left for the Temple, but before they left Jack was free to roam there for a while, and after they left Locke had a small faction of people there. Don't you think someone would have explored that building while they were staying at the barracks in 2005?

I don't know about you, but when I go into a new house I am drawn to pictures people have displayed. I'd have thought someone may have stumbled across that. Unless the pictures didn't include Jack/Kate/Hurley due to them not having lived that part of their life in the past yet. Very Back-to-the-Future-ish.

"Are you a professional?" Nice pickup line, Sayid.

Spoiler ahead:

I don't think Ben's dead. Jack and Juliet will, on Daniel's request, patch him up. Sayid didn't give him the 2 3 4 guarantee kill shots that he has used on previous kills, and never checked his pulse. Plus, you can't discount the island doing whatever it does to heal people.

Mildly entertaining episode, but I don't get into Sayid much. I think he may have made a better "leader" than Jack did, but wouldn't step up to the plate other than to track people and fix things.

Right, I think ben is like locke that the island won't let him die. I enjoy the sayid story, I think though he is the guy you want on your side, not the leader, but the guy the leader goes to, you talk or we bring in sayid.

I take it from what young Ben said, that he killed his father before releasing sayid correct?