• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOST

mrklean

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben was moved to Tunisia, and almost 10 months into the future. I'd guess Lock e won't end up in either of those situations. Ben's injury carried over with him, so I'd assume Locke's would, too. That means he'll more than likely have a hard time getting around if it's not a populated area due to his gunshot and broken leg. He'll most likely be wheelchair bound, once again, even if his "healed" legs from the island carry over.

Locke does end up in the states, presumably to die. But was he transported there directly? Who knows.

Sounds like there are 2 new characters entering the fray tonight, too. I did wonder what ever happened to the remaining people from the 20 that were on the beach when the fire arrow fight began. I think a few died there, a few more died from the landmine, and Sawyer, Charlotte, Daniel, Miles, and Juliet are accounted for before Locke and Jin met up with them. Bernard and Rose presumably survived, and that leaves 3-5 people running around the island making the island time jumps, too.

Another thing; it takes 100 island days and 4 complete seasons for them to get off the island, but it looks like they are going to get back onto the island in this season. They are really speeding it up, almost to the point that it seems like time is skipping for the audience, too!

But my big question is; if they get back to the island, will it be in a timeframe where the current islanders are there to meet them, or will they have aged (or not aged) or even died from old age before they arrive? The current islanders have skipped from 2004/5 all the way back to the 1950's and also to a few of years into the future.

Also, Locke has presumably freed the wheel from skipping in a time before the Orchid and the rest of the Dharma Int. have even been established. When Ben arrived at the wheel, it was locked in place, and time was moving at a natural pace. He moved it, and the island moved in time and space. When Locke got there, the wheel was skipping, and he was instructed by Christian to move the wheel again, thereby moving the island once again. Does the wheel then stop, or maybe it is moving freely making time move either faster of stop completely (Richard's lack of aging in 70 years)?

But my big question is; if they get back to the island, will it be in a timeframe where the current islanders are there to meet them, or will they have aged (or not aged) or even died from old age before they arrive? The current islanders have skipped from 2004/5 all the way back to the 1950's and also to a few of years into the future.

Only thing I can think of to answer is this one LOL- The 6 have to somehow get back in time to the island, wasn't the whole message behind them needing to go back is that everyone died?

Wow, this is so messed up even as I try to type it, if the 6 are in present day, but have to go back because everyone dies, then somehow they also need to go back in time too, right????

I'm a little disappointed in that they got back to the island so easily. And not even a plane crash, but the simple "time warp flash." The similarities were pretty good; Someone late (Hurley, Bean) Someone in cuffs (Kate, Sayid) Someone in a casket (Christian, Locke) Charlie's Guitar, etc...

Who do you think beat up Ben? I think it had to do with Sayid's capture. And what did Kate do with Aaron, and is Sun abandoning her daughter for her husband?

I was happy to see Frank back, and the look on his face when he realized that the Oc.6 were on the plane he was piloting was priceless. "We're not going to Guam, are we."

Wow, I thought it was an awesome show and how the pieces fell together, it doesn't explain how sayid, Sun and Hurley all ended up on the plane. Yes, Frank was an awesome touch.

I was a little confused about Ben too, the only thing that comes to my mind is he promised to kill Wittmore. Perhaps???

Next week, what happened to Locke after he turned the wheel!

I think Ben actually promised to kill Widmore's daughter Penny (an eye for an eye), and now that you say that Ben did call Jack from the docks. Desmond and Penny's boat would have been docked that night when Desmond delivered the message to Eloise in the church. That would have given Ben as good as an opportunity as any to get it done. Good catch.

That's right, it was eye for an eye, the dtr not Charles. Hmm, so that may be the catalyst to get Desmond back to the island for revenge on Ben?

LOL can't believe we are the only 2 bantering back and forth on this show! Where I work there is at least a half-dozen LOST fans so watercooler talk each thursday AM. Yes, today's line was "We're not going to Guam are we?" LOL

Maybe Kate gave the baby to Claire's mother?

Where I work there is at least a half-dozen LOST fans so watercooler talk each thursday AM.

Floyd, I should be so lucky. There is only guy in my office that watches, and he tapes it so he can watch it with his girlfriend on Fri. nights. That means I have NO ONE (other than you) to go over theories with. Well, I guess there is my wife, but she gets bored with it pretty quick.

The whole plane not crashing thing was odd to me too. Then they are back in time with Jin? I thought maybe Locke fixed the island by turning wheel, guess not. Why did they pick the doc's dad to tell locke what to do? I guess that leads in to the doc putting his dad's shoes on locke. Very strange. Hopefully more answers are given next week. Will Kate be reunited with Sawyer? Did she sleep with the doc just to see if she still loves him or not and maybe misses Sawyer more? The plane scene did have a lot of irony, and where did the others land? Sayeed & Ben?

Oh well quint, there are always thursdays to recap.

Well Ross, things had to be somewhat re-created to improve the 6's odds of getting back to the island. So, Hurley had a guitar, like Charlie did. Sayid fills in for the convict being transported (Kate). Doc was bringing his Dad back from Australia, so Locke is in place, but needed something of Doc's dad thus the shoes. See what next weeks brings I guess.

I was given a courtside ticket to the wolves game last night at the last second (for free, none the less!) so I have not had a chance to watch it yet. I expected Ben to have a hand in Locke's "suicide" as he has a hand in EVERYTHING, so I'll have to watch it tonight and get back to you. Now I'm the one slowing down the talk!

Locke went to Cesar to ask about the manifest of passengers. He said the pilot took off with the list, but he did show him some wounded people who they had lined up in the bunker. One just happened to be Ben. Oh the plot thickens. Why did Ben kill Locke after finding out Jin was still alive? Why did he have to restage the suicide if he is just going to stash locke at the meat locker? Who needs to see him like that, Sun(Jin's Wife)? Who shot the fellow who was Lockes driver? Probably Ben is my guess.

(potential spoiler... not sure)

maybe to clarify what mrklean said... if you go to ABC's HSOforum they post every single episode the day after it aired on tv. That's how i've been keeping up on days i have night class. It's also how I got caught up on the first few seasons... alot cheaper than getting the DVD's but i guess you have to enjoy it on a smaller screen (if you don't have the cables to hook your computer to your tv). And a comment on this last episode: I think I have finally had it with ben's shannanigans and I am going to be voting for Whitmore to win their little battle no matter what good things Ben does from now on. Also, I think next episode we're going to see Cesar and the other newbie's rise up against Locke based on Locke and Walt's conversation earlier in the show; might be a reason for Locke to be forced to work with Ben.