• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOST

mrklean

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title "What Happened, Happened" makes me think it's a Daniel catchup episode, but I hear it goes over Kate's story from island rescue to Dharma '77. That's OK, too.

Ben has to live. It makes one wonder if he knew what Sayid is capable of (shooting him as a kid) when they had dealings in 2005 while stranded on the island. Possibly even prompting him after the rescue to work as a hitman, and maybe even playing a part in making sure he was taken aboard 316 to get back to the island (in cuffs with Ilana), so he could be there in '77 to shoot him as a boy. Knowing the adult Ben; he had some sort of a plan all along.

my thought was that the Dharma group saves ben's life, so instead of joining the others, he remains with Dharma, changing the course of events. But then to take the other guy's theory in his debate with Hurley, the events already happened and are just repeating, & Ben does end up with the others. I liked Hurley's question there, then if we have been here before how come Ben didnt recognize Sayid as the guy who shot him? Hmm didn't think of that LOL.

Wow, I'm missed! (tears welling...) Not a bad episode, but most of what Kate did wasn't much of a suprise to me.

Not much to add, other than a question of alterred memory recognition. A few episodes ago, Charlotte told Daniel that she remembered in her childhood a crazy man telling her not to come back to the island, and thought it was Daniel. This means: Daniel had been in Charlotte's life twice, and she had memories of him as an adult.

Now Daniel also tamperred with someone elses past: Desmond. He met him at the hatch, somewhere in the late 90's/early 2000's, and told him to find his mother (Eloise Hawking). Daniel then awoke, in 2008, with new memories from Daniel.

Ben awoke from being unconscious in 2008 after the plane crash, to find Lock alive and kicking. Now, maybe it was just me, but I thought the flow of the show intended the viewer to think that Ben is waking up with new memories of Sayid shooting him, and the resulting changes in his life.

Here's the rub; Ben has been bad through the entire series! Ben being taken to the Others to apparently be saved and "lose his innocence" would have happened in some fashion whether Sayid had shot him or not! Had Sayid not shown up, someone else would have had to shoot him, and someone would have had to take him to the Others to "fix" him. After all; the name of the episode is "Whatever happened, happened."

that does bring up good questions, now if Sayid shot ben as a child, but as Hurley said then why doesn't ben first recognize him as the guy who shot him during the interrogation in season 2 or 3 whenever that was? Does make you wonder somewhat, yet Daniel is able to make these connections with people. So, Daniel knows that Charlotte dies in 2007 (or whatever year that was) but flashes back & sees the young Charlotte perhaps that is his attempt to save her, I don't know.

Funny this weekend, there were some movies on and there was Faraday in Saving Pvt Ryan, recognized him by his same mannerisms in both characters. Also watched the Matrix and there was Michael. Only thing missing was reruns of that show Millenium that had Locke in it

Tonight's episode: "Dead is Dead",A Ben-centric episode. I hope to see more of pre-Dharma Ben, and exactly what he knows in 2008 now that he has woken up. Also, we get to do some Temple 'sploring. Watch out for that Smoke Monster! Maybe it can save Ben's life, and is then responsible for keeping him alive (some culture beleives that, I don't remember which one).

Ben and Richard in the Temple: Whether Sayid had shot Ben or not, it doesn't matter that he was taken to Richard, it just matters that he lives. Ben had already expressed a desire to become an Other 4 years earlier, and Richard had stressed the importance of his decision to do so. Sayid may have moved up the timetable, but I think Richard would have done whatever he is going to do to Ben in the temple at some point in Ben's young life. After all: Ben has been evil the entire time we have known him in the series, meaning that this deal with Richard would had happened regardless. Jack may have been able to save him by doing his doctor thing, I think but his trip with Richard is inevitable.

Funny how Richard states "lose his innocence" when we know that adult Ben is NEVER innocent in any of his doings. Ben hasn't been very innocent in our eyes at all other than pre-Dharma, and even then he was probably pretty messed up, maybe even to the point of driving his old man to drinking. Roger wasn't a great Dad on the island, but he expessed to Kate that he had tried, and always thought he'd be a great Dad. Ben was probably a handful his entire childhood, and Roger was looking for a fresh start, wherever it was.

Death and resurrection: Look at the calendar: Easter is this weekend, the granddaddy of resurrections in a significant portion of Lost viewers. Even if they don't believe in it, they pretty much know about it. I'm not trying to draw a parallel to Ben and Jesus, though. Maybe Ben dies, along with his innocence, and is brought back to life by the island, but in a different way. Along the lines of Stephen King's Pet Semetary, maybe?

Good one last night. Appears the island put Ben in his place all the while aware that Ben had plans to sabotage Locke at some point. The exchange in Ben's house with Sun, Lepedus and Ben was funny, Lepedus saying we're supposed to wait for Locke whose dead and Ben saying look out the window. LOL

I wonder if the flashback there at the docks with Penny and Desmond is the last we see of Desmond but the lady in LA said the island wasn't done with Desmond yet.

Well, my thoughts that Ben more or less had Charles Widmore exiled came true last night, as well as most of us thinking that Ben was heading after Penny before leaving for the island. He may yet have killed her, though, as it did leave it as Ben was in the water.

So, when the "monster" kills people, does it do it just to do it or is it judging them beforehand?

I used to like Lapidus, but now he's turned out to be kind of a weinie.

I also thought there was more to the rest of the 316 passengers than just random people along for the ride. Sounds like there is some sort of connection to them that they need to use a code phrase to establish themselves ("What lies in the shadow of the statue?"), and I'm going to guess Widmore's behind them. Even though he apparently can't get back tot he island, he can send people there.

More later.

I like that there was comedy in the show last night when hes like look outside and Locke is smiling and waving. Then Ben kills the dude and was like theres your apology

ps. Looking back on old post us 3 have pretty much taken over the LOST section