• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFC North Predictions

Badger

Here is a question to those posting the Vikes at 8 - 8 or worse. Last year we were 8 - 8 (8-4 with TJack under center) Do you believe this year's team is actually worse than last years teams????? Maybe the schedule is tougher???? Plus I believe 5 of those losse were by a TD or less and 3 by a FG. I can't see them being the same or worse team than last year, so I would have to say the following

Vikes -- 10-6/11-5

Packers -- 9-7/10-6

Lions -- 9-7 to 3-13

Bears -- 6-10 to 0-16

Quote:
Do you believe this year's team is actually worse than last years teams?????

No not really but it doesn't matter in todays NFL with all the parity we have anything can happen.

The difference between 7-9 and 10-6 is just a few lucky plays throughout a 16 game season. Also frankly who ever predicted 8-8 for the entire division has as good a chance as anybody at being correct!

I'd say the Defense should be better I do have my worries about the offense in particular the O'Line, personally I don't see AD even reaching last years numbers.

I hope for a 10-6 season I expect somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

Nothing wrong with Hope or Dreams though..... grin

Go Vikes!

Quote:

No not really but it doesn't matter in todays NFL with all the parity we have anything can happen.

The difference between 7-9 and 10-6 is just a few lucky plays throughout a 16 game season. Also frankly who ever predicted 8-8 for the entire division has as good a chance as anybody at being correct!

I'd say the Defense should be better I do have my worries about the offense in particular the O'Line, personally I don't see AD even reaching last years numbers.

Go Vikes!

I totally agree PierBridge! Missed field goals, fumbles, dropped passes, injuries, INT's can be a difference between 3 more wins or losses. AP is fantastic, but I agree it will be tough to have a repeat performance from last year. Teams will key on the running game and force Tarvaris (and the receivers...who are they again), to beat them. TJack will struggle.....9-7 for a 2nd place finish.

Cheese Heads 9-7

Lions 8-8

Queens 7-9

Da Bears 6-10

This division is horribly weak this year. I don't see much action amongst any of the teams, mine included! Hopefully I will have another World Series Championship Ring to sooth away this upcoming football season.

Windy

Quote:

Go Vikes!

TTT!

Wow, a lot of people had the Bears finishing last including me and Windbag. Looks like Double D was closer than anyone but who'd a thunk the Bears would overtake the Vikes on the last game of the season and slip into the playoffs.

Vikes 9-7

Bears 8-8

Packers 7-9

Lions 6-10

Sorry, but I just see an even, average division who will get their wins by beating each other and not doing well outside the NFC North.

Just my 2 cents.

DD

Thanks snoozebutton. Looking back through, the team everybody missed on was the Lions. Some had them as high as 8-8. I was 6 games off. It looked like they had a chance today and hung with GB for a while.

I do feel a little bad for them. They were in a few of those games, including hanging tough with the Vikings.

DD

Yeah, everybody missed the Lions. I didn't think they were THAT bad. But injuries, overall bad management and personnel, bad luck, etc. etc. really hurt them.

Still, I can pat myself on the back by picking the 10-6 vikes as champs. smile

Remember when the Pack was 2-0? Who woulda thunk they'd go 4-10? They looked pretty good at that time. I couldn't believe my uncle at Christmas, a longtime packer fan and shareholder, talking about how it was the best possible thing to happen by losing so many games, now they could get rid of McCarthy and Thompson, etc. etc. Who says only Vikings fans are delusional? crazy