• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008-2009 Gophers

hamrej23

Yeah-

They are going to be on the edge either way, they win there in though they lose and the committe has to chose between them penn st, providence, san diego st, an oklahoma st and maryland and florida. so if we lose and a few of them lose their first games, we have a legit shot. Tomorrow will tell.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win against Northwestern and a competitive showing against Mich St. if they get that far should cement their spot IMHO. It's makin' ice (again). Thought you'd be fishin'. grin

Well, a 6 point lead at the half turns into a 13 point lead for the game. Strong free throw shooting and good "D" down the stretch ensure the win. Between the 10 and 5 minute mark in the second half neither team did much of anything.

We'll see how tomorrow goes against Michigan State. I'll be cheering hard for a win but realistically I'd just like a good showing and to be competitive.

Glad to see NW's bubble burst before MN's. Nothing's certain until Sunday, but this is start to the tourney they needed.

To the best of my knowledge there won't be a MN radio broadcast, you might check out a MSU broadcast. Like you said, ESPN is doing the TV coverage.

Since when has CCO not covered a gopher game? Especially post season basketball. It is on CCO, I'll be listening screamin at the radio here at work. I'm hoping for an upset. Mich St. is not THAT good, but they SHOULD beat us by 7-10 points. I'm hoping for a close one and I'll take my chances in a close one, Westbrook will win it for us if it is a 2 point game with less than a minute to go.

Agreed Donk. He is either on or off and when he is off, he still forces shots.

8 point loss not too bad though. I'll say 9-10-11 seed depending on how the rest of the conf. tourneys go. We will be in.

Lunardi has them playing LSU in his bracketology FWIW. Lots of BB to be played in the next couple of days though. Who knows, maybe if these underdogs without a spot on the bracket keep winning their conference tourneys Minnesota won't be dancing at all. Obviously Lunardi isn't the one who ultimately seeds the teams, but he now says that Maryland has played itself into a spot it previously didn't have until it's win tonight over Wake Forest, so another bubble spot has been taken.

Last year I believe Lunardi had 64 of the 65 tournament teams predicted in his final bracket. He is pretty accurate.

The Gophers should be in barring a bunch of major upsets in other conference tournaments. I am guessing the Gophs will be a 10-12 seed. No matter who they play I wouldn't bet on them or against them. They are too unpredictable. Will we see the 13-27 FT with too many turnovers or the low turnover swarming defense they occassionally show? I just hope they make it. The couple seniors they have deserve the trip to the big dance based on what they have endured over the last 4 years. Lets just hope the get a prime time game so we don't have to watch the ESPN internet feed from work.

Lunardi has now placed Minnesota on his "Last Four In" list, so that means they're moving down and could be close to not making it. I think they'll back their way in, but we'll have to wait until later today to find out if the selection committee gives them the nod.

This has been one of the wildest Championship Weeks that I can recall in recent years and it should make for a good tourney as there doesn't appear to be any real dominant teams. Can't wait until Thursday!!!!

Was pleasantly surprised to catch the game on 'CCO, and dissappointed to hear them p away a winnable game. 830 didn't have the game on Thursday when I checked online so I wasn't sure what the schedule was.

I guess with WI losing on Friday and the Gophers having the season sweep of the series, plus some quality wins against RPI top 50 and the Louisville feather in their cap, they should be all right.

The way the Gophers are playing lately I don't think anyone should predict any upsets...I haven't seen any semblance of a complete all around game since mid-January, Friday was just another example of this as the Gophs built a retaining wall around the lane with all their bricks from the free throw line.

Originally Posted By: petepeters
The Gophers will send those W.T. Hicks back to Texas where they belong.

Gophers will win by 5.5

If they don't play A LOT better than they have in the last month they will get blown out!

I will agree with koonie on this one. But, crazy things can happen in the tournament. The Gophers have good enough defense to win a couple games in the tourney. If one or two guys can get hot offensively and not have the half court offense completely shut down like it has, they will be in the game. As long as whoever they may play doesn't shoot lights out, they should be able to keep the game close at least. The game that comes to mind is the game @Michigan. Michigan could not miss from three and the Gophers just couldn't quite get it going and every time they did, Michigan drained another couple threes. If the Gophers can catch a team like Texas, or even Duke for that matter, on an off shooting night, its not that far fetched to see them eeking out a win.

That's what I see through my maroon and gold glasses anyhow grin.