• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charging Depth Finder on Ice

icemac33

I've thought about this since we are gonna be in a sleeper next week. Have you drained your vex battery and recharged it fully? Mine lasts about 3 full days before it goes dead. plenty of charge for the 3 days I will be out there especially since it won't be on much at night. Maybe you won't have to charge it.

They also make chargers that will plug into the cigarette lighter of your vehicle. Or you could buy an extra battery, or you can buy an inverter and plug that into your cigarette lighter and your charger into the inverter. Any of these are viable options, just depends on what works best for you

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors

Just a thought but I know that some resorts will take your battery in and hook it up so it can charge over night. The inverter will work and that is what I used when I am traveling in my truck I hook it up and let it charge as I go down the road.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes
[email protected]

I bring my deep cycle boat battery when I stay in sleeper houses on "DaWoods"!
I bring a bunch of speaker wire so I can hook up several fashers to it and whatever requires 12 volt supply!
The locator works great that way and never gets low on power. I can use the regular flasher battery when I fish out from the permanent with a full charge.
Also I plug in the flasher battery to the cigarrete lighter in between lakes I fish and that tops off the battery to full charge.
Just buy a plug in and solder the wire to a couple of clips is all you need and it works!
Good Luck!

You can buy a inverter at Walmart for $15. Plugs int a cigerette lighter. I drove down to very southern Illinois for Thanksgiving and I needed one. I did not have a car charger for my cell and my wife wanted to watch dvd's on the laptop. It worked great. Lot cheaper than paying $30 for the car charger for my sprint phone and relying on an hour worth of battery time on the computer.

Hoped this helped.