• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give Favre the longivity thing, and early in his career he was one of the best for a year or two. But even I would break records if I played for enough years, and I am not good. Give him the length of time, no missed games, I will put him around the 10 mark, but not any higher.

As others have said, Madden kissed his but so much, that all non cheese heads, got sick or hearing it, and grew to hate him. I am even sick of talking about him now, but its still fun to harass a cheesehead anytime I can!

The 'ironman' thing is over-hyped. He played in games where he cost his team losses becuase of the injuries. This was merely because the packers did not have a solid back up option to lean to.

Think of the vikings during their run in the late 90s early 2000...each year our qb likely could have played, but we had a formidable backup plan that worked out...

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Favre was a heck of a QB. He did a lot of things no other QB has done. Let's give him his due. He is one of the all time greats, holds many of the most important QB records and is future hall of famer.

The only reason I'm glad he retired is because now I don't have to listen to Madden drone on and on and on about him like a Packer fan. \:\)

"The only reason I'm glad he retired is because now I don't have to listen to Madden drone on and on and on about him like a Packer fan."

Do you think you are done hearing about it from him? Now we just will have to hear him compare all other QB to Favre, while he is sniffling. (If Brett would have thrown that pass he would have hit him right in the numbers, and it would have been a TD) LOL

Originally Posted By: Rick
Favre was a heck of a QB. He did a lot of things no other QB has done. Let's give him his due. He is one of the all time greats, holds many of the most important QB records and is future hall of famer.

The only reason I'm glad he retired is because now I don't have to listen to Madden drone on and on and on about him like a Packer fan. \:\)

Becareful Rick....just wait...it might be Madden/Farve in the booth! whistle.gif j/k , but seriously, how is Madden going to get through next season....

In case you already don't have enough:

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be back on the cover of Sports Illustrated with a commemorative special edition that hits the newsstands and book stores Monday.

The 84-page tribute will honor Favre following his retirement and tearful goodbye this week -- "I know I can play. But I don't think I want to," he said after 17 seasons in the NFL.

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I will give Favre the longivity thing, and early in his career he was one of the best for a year or two. But even I would break records if I played for enough years, and I am not good. Give him the length of time, no missed games, I will put him around the 10 mark, but not any higher.

That's kind of a big if isn't it.

Even in the Pack's worst season with Favre under center, they only lost to the Vike's by a combined 6 points that year in two games. He was one of the few QBs that had the ability to win/lose it all on his own. Luckily for us Pack fans, he was a little better at winning.

Don't worry MN fans someday again you'll get a real QB of your own. Then you can tell US Pack fans all about it. \:\)

i'd easily put favre in the best 5 qb's of all time right now....he's actually the qb i'd want on my team out of all the retired qb's....most the other qb greats were lame to be honest.

i'd rather have peyton or brady on my team as of right now and you can project them guys to break the records but anything could happen between now and then.

peyton could smash all of favre's records and still might only have 1 superbowl ring but that doesn't mean peyton wouldn't be one of the greatest of all times.

Just to remind you, Pack/Viking record 17-16 in favor of the pack. The Vikes were ahead until last season. The pack havent been a Viking killer, thats forsure!

Originally Posted By: IFallsRon
In case you already don't have enough:

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be back on the cover of Sports Illustrated with a commemorative special edition that hits the newsstands and book stores Monday.

The 84-page tribute will honor Favre following his retirement and tearful goodbye this week -- "I know I can play. But I don't think I want to," he said after 17 seasons in the NFL.

When does it end? They gonna have a picture of his 40 yr old face and swollen from crying his eyes out on the cover. Give it up, you retired from a game, you didn't cure any illness, you didn't just loose someone, you didn't do anything but retire. I guarentee I will put why more time and energy in my job by the time I get to retire. I might bawl then too, but it will be because I won't have any money coming in. If I just got paied 10 mil a year, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank. For a 4 month game. Give me a break and go away like a fart (or Favre) in the wind.

Do you Pack fans need to be reminded of the REALLY and I mean REALLY lean years between Bart Starr and Brett Favre? The Pack were absolutely HORRID for oh, about 20 or so years. And I mean HORRID. Don Majkowski? Come on. From 1968-1991 they had only 5- YES FIVE seasons with winning records. You Pack fans should thank your lucky stars everynight before bed old #4 liked his Jack Daniels when he was in a Falcons jersey. If he didn't he would have never gotten CUT, or did he get traded? Either way the Falcons didn't want him anymore, and you would have been stuck with Majik mans mullet for years.

Take some time and do some homework before you post, Lord knows how much info is out there on Favre, especially now!

Favre was not CUT from the Falcons, the Packers (mainly the Mooch) wanted him and gave up a first round draft pick for him (19th overall). He failed his physical and the trade almost didn't go through, but Ron Wolf overruled the doctor and he was passed.

There may have been some "lean years", but there was never any threat of a blackout due to lack of ticket sales and the Packer fans road out the "lean" years and stuck with the team.

Again, lets keep this on topic and talk about Favre's retiremnent and his career, not who's team is better.

Read my post again- I said he was probably traded. And by the way- Green Bay and most of eastern Wisconsin doesn't have any huge metro areas except for Milwaukee and Madison, so I think in a somewhat small city, of course the seats will always be full- they have a pro franchise for petes sake. LA can't even say that anymore. I have said in other posts I like Favre- he is by far one of the grittiest competitors any major sport has ever seen. Just not a huge Pack fan, but I guess they have some rings which is one thing we don't have over here. But we will someday. And by the way- I watched a show about him, and Glanville was at wits end because of his heavy drinking and partying, Favre himself even says that on that show. Yes they got a first round pick for him in a trade- and at the time the Falcons were very happy with the deal.

Pretty bad when you have a metro area of millions of people and you can't fill a 60,000 seat stadium even in the lean years. I call 'bandwagon' on that one. Packer fans are dedicated and committed even when times are tough, I'll have to give them that.

Hey Sandmannd,

No Favre didn't cure any illness. But where was he last Tuesday and Wednesday?? Arizona, visiting Children's hospitals.

You think you work hard (no offense I'm sure you do, no disrespect)? Try carrying the hopes of 70,000+ people on your back for 16 years.

It's too bad we all can't have the passion for what we do and feel as deeply when we retire.