• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

Originally Posted By: Flatlander
You are just proving exactly what I'm saying. The largest Minnesota talk radio station is talking about nothing but Favre. Aren't the Wild leading the division with a big game tonight? Isn't Liriano back on the mound and lookin good?

If Favre wasn't the great player that he is, would all of this be going on. Would the entire sports world(nation wide), be buzzing if Tarvaris retired, or a truly great one like Matt Birk? I think not.

Even here on FM, you all are proving my point. For that I thank you.

You're right, but there is a hockey and baseball forum on FM for discussing those things and this is the football forum and the topic is Favre's Retirement \:o

Originally Posted By: Flatlander
You have to admit that was a great pass though. Hit him right in the numbers.

Flatlander, glad you can take this all in stride, I chuckled at your comment. Isn't this what makes rivalries so much fun grin.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the amount of jealousy all you Vikings fans are showing......Favre retired on his own terms, not because they didn't get Moss, but because he was ready. If anyone has been watching ESPN today, you've seen the quote from the voicemail he left Mort. He is mentally tired and wants to spend time with his familly. What is wrong with that? Nothing!!!!

If he came back this year the only thing he would be graded on would be whether or not he won the Super Bowl......anybody have any idea how hard that is? He holds all the major QB records, has 3 MVPS, a ring and is a shoe-in first ballot hall-of-famer.

Who cares if WI takes the day to pay tribute to one of the greatest of all time......I know I will be picking up all the WI papers I can get my hands on tomorrow and some of them may even make it into a frame.......who knows.

I know I am thankful for the 16 years I got to watch one of the greatest that will ever play the game. Say what you want about the Packers and the rivalry, Favre is what the game is all about and that is the way he will be remembered.

LOL what a bunch of haters...i'm a vikings fan to the fullest and i know favre is one of the greatest qb's by far.

the best thing about him is what you guys are trying to rip on him for lmao....he's a gunslinger...he takes big risks...sometimes for the big win and sometimes for the loss.

he's one of the only qb's i know that throws a pic and comes back out on his very next play and still throws the bomb. most get scared and conservative and start throwing dump passes.

favre is a legend in many ways you can pretend different if you wanna fool yourselves.

that being said....it's disappointing to see him go as a football fan but an awesome day to be a viking fan! that guy pulled so many rabbits out of his butt it was sickening....happy to see him go so the vikes can excell in the nfc north but still gotta give credit where credit is due.

have a good one brett

I thought for sure he was coming back after the year he/they had last year.

The Vike's vs Pack games just won't be the same without #4 on the Field.

Thanks for the memories Brett you played game they way it was meant to be played!

No one is debating he is a good quarterback. He's not the pedestal boy packer fans hold him on.

He has struggled in the playoffs (3 win in his last 10 games)...his team has only one 1 superbowl...thats only one more than Daunte and the Vikings or heck T-Jack and the vikes...

Its the same as ELI MANNING...

ofcourse packer fans hold him on a pedestal...their team would of been [PoorWordUsage] without him...not just packer fans hold him on a pedestal but football fans in general.

no one is more reliable then favre...he's an iron man and a gunslinger.

takes more then 1 guy to win playoff games and superbowls...sounds like you guys hold him on a pedastal thinking he should of won every playoff game and superbowl single handedly.

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation
So is todays date going to become Brett Favre Day in WI, or what date do you think they will use?

I couldn't think of a better day......3/4......3 for the number of MVP's and 4 for his jersey......

Wow....One heck of a career. No jealously here. Just a player you love to hate. Are we supposed to be sad that the guy responsible for dozens of 4th quarter comebacks against our team is retiring? Who did not fully expect him to lead the pack to a win in OT over the Giants this year? Packers need to have a reliable back-up on their team now.

Thanks for the memories Brett. Its just a game and always has been.

Originally Posted By: FISHINGURU

takes more then 1 guy to win playoff games and superbowls...sounds like you guys hold him on a pedastal thinking he should of won every playoff game and superbowl single handedly.

It only takes one to throw it away though

not really...what about a bad coaching call somewhere in the game? the wr that drops the easy td or first down? the rb that made that fumble in the game? the corner that dropped the easy pic?

football is a team sport...takes the whole team to win.

to call a game by 1 play is funny....thats where you get the if's...if this would of happened or that wouldn't of happened we would of won.

if that o-line would of blocked better maybe someone wouldn't of had to make that throw.

It is something to talk about...in a 16-17 year career he only won one superbowl...Favre is/was a good quarterback...he's not the best ever, he's in the top tenish.

The iron man thing really got to me, because throughout those years he LOST so many of those games because he started them and gave him team a worse chance to win. The broken thumb year comes to mind...

yeah just like peyton manning wasn't considered a great qb cause he couldn't get to the superbowl and win right? but as soon as he wins 1 he's one of the greatest of all time lol.

or tom brady is a legend and one of the greatest cause he won a couple superbowls...i'm talkin before this season and the spygate...he had mediocre #'s but won superbowls.

so whats better...all time stats or who wins the most superbowls?

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Flat what part of my statement doesnt make sense to you.....

I was making sport of the fact that you said you were done posting, only to post again. Just ribbing you a bit.

I will draw a picture outlining the intent of my kfan post for you though, if necessary. I think that one zipped over your head as well.

All in good fun. grin.gifgrin.gif