• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

#24 Crash ---- was it the hardest ever!!

Very hard hit. I wonder if Stewert and Gordo are discussing at this moment who took the hardest hit. Gordon's was deffinately worse but he came out better than Stewert. Stewert diffinately looked like he was hurting.

The Miller Lite car hit the wall pretty good today too.

BNS, if you want to see a bad crash look up the Michael Waltrip crash at Bristol on You Tube. I still can't believe he is around today after that one. It makes any of the ones today look like a cakewalk.

No doubt Jeff's hit was a very very hard one. I am sure he will feel some soreness in the next few days from that one.

I would say that the hit was definitely the hardest Jeff has ever experienced.

Glad with the big hits today that everyone is o.k and will be racing next week.

Steve

It was a brutal hit. He said it was his hardest on the radio interview and I thought his Pocono crash was one of the worst I'd seen in quite a few years.

While you are on Youtube watching Mikey crash at Bristol, look at Mike Harmon's in the exact same spot on the track in a Busch series practice, it might well be worse...

Ouch! I remember that one. He's just sitting there exposed and that other car comes along and just misses him. I bet his eyes were huge if he saw that coming with no place to go. Very lucky.

Over driving his car and his abilities.

He's become the new kyle bush.

Then to whine because B. Smith did'nt

install soft enough walls for him to bounce off ?

What a hack ! The guy is a safety hazard.

BNS, I think Lawdog might have it. Those two Bristol wrecks are pretty darn bad as far as carnage is concerned. Richard Petty at Daytona is another wild one when he barrel-rolled down the retaining fence. I remember watching that one too and thought he was a goner.

Wow bad crashes. Where to start? Quite a few have been mentioned. It isn't on film but Ernie Irvan's practice crash at Michigan, Alex Zanardi when he lost his legs in a CART crash, Bobby Allison's crash that promped restrictor plates, my boy Rusty Wallace at Talledega and Daytona numerous times, Mark Martin's crash at Talledega back in the Valvoline days, Jimmy Johnson's crash at Watkins Glen...

Wow, it sure didn't look good, that's for sure. Not in this incident, but it's funny how some of the wrecks that look so bad aren't, and some of the one's that look to be relatively "tame" end up being some of the hardest hit's recorded on the little black boxes. Angles and momentum I suppose.

Jeffs hit was hard but like everyone said there is many worse. If he would have hit square either head on or square on the passenger side, he definatly would have been more shook up. It was a good thing that he hit the corner of his car first. Glad to see all of the drivers made it through that wild weekend.

That definitely was the hardest hit I have ever seen!...just the way that the wall was angled was almost a head on crash. But, that big head of Gordon's softened the blow for sure. \:\)