• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March 8th ride

reelemin

Yes it can get spendy, my cabin is about 200 miles from my house, and it uses a tank and a half to get there, and a tank and a half back. 3 tanks of gas at $80 per tank full can be a spendy trip, just for gas!

Dave if you ever need to use my trailer to haul some stuff let me know a week in advance, and Im sure you can use it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a whimp, but, I am going to have to pup out of the ride tomorrow. With the temps as forcasted, there are alot of other things I should get done. Sorry guys - I was looking forward to the ride and meeting all of you. - next time \:\) -

Hourly Weather Summary Saturday Afternoon, March 8

4° F Snow 10am

9° F Cloudy 11am

11° F Snow Noon

14° F Cloudy 1pm

18° F Cloudy 2pm

19° F Snow 3pm

19° F Snow 4pm

hmmm. I just looked at Sandstone on the weather page and it said almost double some of those lower temps. Still chilly for this time of year. For those not used to being outside in the winter it may be a bit cold.

As long as we have 3-4 still coming, I will be at Nickerson at 9AM.

I was having trouble getting my computer to work last night so this is it everyone. I have one more chance to do a last check for trail information this afternoon, but as of right now

WE'RE A GO

Please refer to the directions in a prior post. We'll meet in Nickerson by 9 a.m. I have a grey crew cab Silverado with a Honda Rincon in the back.

By 9:30, we'll head into the parking area.

So you there.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM

This time around we will meet in Nickerson at 9 a.m. There is a parking lot on the right side of the road that we will gather at prior to heading to the trail head. This way, everyone will have a chance to find their way in without getting lost.

I just have one question for you about where the parking lot is located. I know Nickerson isn't very big but is there a business or something next to it so I know it's the right one. Not sure what I'll be driving but I'll have a camo rincon on the back.

There is a bar at the parking lot. The last time we were going to park there, there were signs for NO ATV parking, so we went somewhere else too park.

It is right on 23 (on the right side of the road as you're heading North west) as you go through town.

Originally Posted By: killerloop1
Man I just got back from Hawaii,,, 83 degrees,, this sucks,, got kids BB tourney tomorrow so I'm out,,,, wow does the blood thin in ten days>>??? lol

Next time you go, could you bring my wife with you. She has been bugging me since we met about Hawaii and I have no desire to go.

Wingnut is coming with Bjjams. Griz29 appears like he wants to come but hasn't committed.

The main thing to remember is to dress for the weather. The thumbs can get a little chilled under 20 degrees.

So far I count 5 of us:

Roofer+1

LEP7MM

Bjjams

Wingnut

The main thing to remember is to dress for the weather. The thumbs can get a little chilled under 20 degrees.

You're right. This is alot of the talk here with EFI machines and hand warmers. This stuff is made for winter, and apparently it's not over yet. \:\)

knoppers,

sorry we didn't get to your post sooner. We're heading up to the Nemadji State Forest. According to the latest update on the DNR site, the trails are still open.

Well,

for those interested, here's our days fun summed up:

COLD but FUN.

Nobody hit any trees. The 2 Polaris' didn't break down. The 2 Rincons, amazing as it is, didn't have to be towed out of the woods, and the lone Kawi? He made it out unscathed also. Actually, all machines performed equally well.

We hit the same trails as our last ride, but didn't have as many miles overall. I would guess 55-60 vs. 70 the last time. But we parked at the lot in the middle of all of the trails instead of in Duquette.

Traveling was much easier and there was less spinning since there hasn't been any snow in the last few weeks.

All in all, I think everyone had a good time and we got to meet some new people.

Hopefully we can get a ride set up for this summer at a time frame that works for everyone.

Nobody hit any trees. The 2 Polaris' didn't break down. The 2 Rincons, amazing as it is, didn't have to be towed out of the woods, and the lone Kawi? He made it out unscathed also. Actually, all machines performed equally well.

Now that doesn't sound like that much fun? I was wondering how cold you guys would be, it's to bad spring hasn't sprung yet!

knoppers,

sorry we didn't get to your post sooner. We're heading up to the Nemadji State Forest. According to the latest update on the DNR site, the trails are still open.

not a problem, I asked too late.

a ride this spring and summer is open for me, any time.