• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March 8th ride

reelemin

I thought the temp was just fine by 9:30 when we started riding.

Handwarmers, a good set of outerwear and helmet, you can ride anytime above 0. When it got to almost 15 and riding the woods trails I was all sweaty myself. If you stop too long, it can get a little chilly, but not bad at all.

Today would have been perfect.

I didn't use 4wd at all during the day till I got to my cabin. There wasn't a track on the driveway. Hard snow on top and sugar underneath. Even I had a tough time moving along good.

It was a good ride and met even more new good people from this site. I'm positive there will be more rides coming up.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Im glad it was fun even with the chillie temps, I would have went, but I stayed home and finished a project I have been in the middle of for awhile. Now I am done with that.

Summer rides are a blast, I am still planning a ride for May 31st in Wisconsin, I will post details and some local campsites if people are interested as the date gets closer.

Originally Posted By: jltimm
Nobody hit any trees.

we were going to get a picture of somethingfishy's tree while we were there. It's pretty tough to miss now that I've seen it form the impact side.

Maybe next time we'll be prepared!!!! grin.gif

Yes, I should have had more pictures. I only have one from back at the trucks at lunch time.

It must have been a little cold, hehe, my video camera didn't get anything! I'm a little [PoorWordUsage]'d about that. Not sure what went wrong.

Oh well, not much I can do about it now. We also did see a few other wheelers and some snowmobiles out. I think that AC at the parking lot may have burned a little off his track when loading up, haha. Another instance where an atv has a big advantage over snowmobiles.

Thanks LEP for setting the stage again and thanks to bjjams and Wingnut for coming along and making a good day out of it! We had some good conversations along the trail. The trails are just great in the winter time and good company makes it all the better.

No problem Roofer.

I agree that winter riding is more fun. I wish we had more trails open while the ground is froze.

The best thing is, out of the snowmobilers that we have talked to, they have been great people who haven't expressed any animosity towards us because we're riding different machines.

The 2 groups can get along. Our past 2 rides are proof of that.

The guy on the AC in the parking lot!!! blush.gif LOL, I thought he was going to launch that sled off the trailer and into the cab of his truck. whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Man I can't thank you guys enough for getting this ride going and still going. I had a blast. There was only a few hang ups all day. Nobody ever really got stuck and I only got a cold thumb on the final leg of the trip. Otherwise everything went as planned. There was that one run in with the officer on the way back home but I'm sure Wingnut will get his trailer lights fixed soon. Anytime you guys want to ride, I'm in. Good trails and good company make for a great ride.

I think the guy on the AC wanted a Polaris anyways. At least he was good for a laugh.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
 Originally Posted By: jltimm
Nobody hit any trees.

we were going to get a picture of somethingfishy's tree while we were there. It's pretty tough to miss now that I've seen it form the impact side.

Maybe next time we'll be prepared!!!! grin.gif

Well we made it home safely from our WI trip. No problems with either of the PoPo's. There were a few "mishaps" out of all the machines all without any major injuries other than to pride. We had a Can-Am, Polaris, Arctic Cat, and a brand new grizzly 700 that rolled on this trip. It was a great time.

hopefully I will know my way around Nemadji without a map by that time.

I'd be game for some other trails too. Nemadji is nice because it's centrally located for most people.

The Polaris looks great with the new setup!! I think you need a bigger box on the back though. You should sell that one to me for my wife's 500. \:\)

What's that smudge on the front right hand corner of your brushguard? \:D

Nice pictures.

It won't be long and we will have a big group ride. The interest is there now, just need the weather better for some.

Nice vid.

I see you got the 12" wheels. Good choice IMO.

Did the MTR's seem to 'out do' the bighorns in the snow like the guys "over there" said they would? I didn't want to sort through all the posts.

Tires didn't seem to matter as most were groomed trails. The MTR's were fantastic for those that ran them. One of the guys ran MTR's for 2 days and Bighorns for the rest, I didn't get a chance to ask him his preference. I do know he is down to only 3 MTR's as one made it's way off the trailer on his trip back to Iowa.

It was a great ride with People from Washington, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois and even some visitiors that drove 14hrs from Canada to hang out for 2 days.

Very nice Fishy, Very nice. Please keep us posted on the performance of the Maxxis.

I'm looking for something to replace the through-on's but don't know which route to take.(Maxxis, R/T's, MTR's or Mud Lite XTR's)

Thanks

Dan

Just out of curiosity... The posting from March 10th showed a Polaris with a rack that had gas cans attached to the back of the rack. Where did you get these?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Corno
Just out of curiosity... The posting from March 10th showed a Polaris with a rack that had gas cans attached to the back of the rack. Where did you get these?

Thanks

They are 2 of the Kolpin ATV Fuel Pack Jr. with Bracket, they are mounted to the rack and under the rack extender. I bought mine from Sportsmans Warehouse but have also seen them on Wal-marts HSOforum although it says they are currently out of stock.