• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March 8th ride

reelemin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lep, are you pulling a trailer up? Any chance you got room for an extra wheeler? My trailer is going to be used by someone this weekend, not that I wanted to pull that big thing upthere anyhow. Me and my wife still want to go. I can haul one in the back of my truck, but I need to find away to get another up there.

At the time I'm hoping to find a better way to secure my wheeler into the back of my truck. Your Raptor would fit better since there's more accesible strapping points. I could possibly find a sled bed that we can put a couple utes on.

It wouldn't take much to get the Rincon in the back. I just need to spend more time routing my straps through the machine so it doesn't roll out the back \:ocry.gif.

either way, it doesn't pay for the three of us to drive different vehicles when we live 8 miles apart. I'll get mine into the back of my truck and hook up to a trailer as long as there isn't a spare tire bracket that will interfere with the tailgate down.

Originally Posted By: titelines
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this weekend. I screwed up my hand/finger and am on the mend. Have a great time - I'll look forward to joining you all again soon.

Hope you get better for another ride this summer. \:\)

One time on the way back from our cabin I noticed two wheelers on a trailer. My dad pointed out a loose strap on one. He said I should probably try to signal to the guy to get him to pull over. We got closer to them and I noticed something.....The machine with a loose strap was a Honda Rubicon. We gradually passed him and I thought I would do him a favor and not do anything, maybe it would fall off and he could get an ins. claim and get a better machine.

Ha, J/K Dave!!

Haha...funny you should mention that. True story A few years back my buddies kid was towing his dads Rincon. He was rolling along and a car came up and passed him pointing frantically at the trailer. He pulled over and they told him his ATV had rolled off the trailer a few miles back. He turned around and hightailed back there thinking the worst, only to find the Rincon 100% UNHARMED! It had rolled off the trailer at 70+ MPH and actually landed on and stayed on its wheels, rolled into the ditch missing a power pole by mere INCHES. It came to a stop about 75 yards out in a field still on its wheels. Luckily (or unluckily depending on how you see it) he hadn't set the brake.

Moral of the story? If you see a loose wheeler on a trailer TELL the guy...unless its a HONDA in which case you cant hurt 'em anyway. ;\)

after reading this, RIGHT BACK AT YA ROOFER ;).

Now for my little Kawasaki story. Yes I acutally had a Kawi at one time. It was a KFX 700 (V-Force). I took a day from work to go out ditch riding one day. Once I got home, I was going to take a victory lap around the yard and hit a patch of ice in the back yard. Sideways I went and at 10 mph into a tree. I faired ok. The Kawi wasn't so lucky.

Broke clutch housing

Broke clutch

Bent crank shaft

Bent frame

Pushed the motor 2 inches to the left in the frame

Broke front fenders

the end result was a totaled out Kawi.

The moral of this story is, "It's all in good fun"

Originally Posted By: Roofer
 Originally Posted By: titelines
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this weekend. I screwed up my hand/finger and am on the mend. Have a great time - I'll look forward to joining you all again soon.

Hope you get better for another ride this summer. \:\)

Thanks - I should be okay in a few weeks. I'll be going stir crazy by then, so I'll be ready to get out again.

the raptor would've had trouble getting through the snow on the last ride. I'm not sure of the snow conditions up there now.

did you plan on bringing both machines or going two up on the grizz?

this all started from our original thread for the first Nemadji ride.

We're heading back to Nemadji this saturday as long as the DNR doesn't post that the trails have closed.

We're meeting at Nickerson at 9 a.m. Once everyone who commits here shows up, we'll caravan into the 2nd parking area in Nemadji. I'll edit this post with my directions from the other thread.

Originally Posted By: snapjigger
Dave, where is everyone heading? I looked back and couldn't find the start of this topic. Might be up for a ride this weekend. The Grizzly is growing roots in the garage lately...Scott

ok, here it is:

Again the same as last time, barring any changes on the DNR HSOforum, or weather related issues, we will plan on the following:

This time around we will meet in Nickerson at 9 a.m. There is a parking lot on the right side of the road that we will gather at prior to heading to the trail head. This way, everyone will have a chance to find their way in without getting lost.

If anyone shows up after we've left, here's how we're getting there:

From I-35, take the HWY 23 "EAST" exit, also known as the Finlayson/Askov exit which is 3 miles north of Sandstone. There is a cafe/gas station at this intersection known as Banning Junction.

Follow HWY 23 east to Nickerson. Just outside of Nickerson, there will be a road that quarters back to your right. According to the 2 maps that I have, it's either County road 155 or County Road 8. I am guessing it's going to be "155".

CR 155 will come to a "T" at County Road 146 and take a left and go to Net Lake Forest Road.

Go about 3 miles on Net Lake Forest Road to the parking area which will be on your left.

Just a note:

There is a parking area about half way in that is called the Gafvert camping and day use area that also has a parking area. But after discussing this with Roofer, we feel it's best we avoid this parking area due to the groups who use it for "non-motorized" trail access.