• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

March 8th ride

reelemin

Lep, I was going to take both machines, if I can find away to get them there. Although looking at the forcast it looks as though it will be in the single digits in the am, that may be a little cold for the Misses. I will watch the weather and talk to her, and get a for sure by thursday.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will let you know Dave, I may be able to get a trailer also. I would go double with the Misses but, it isnt any fun then.

You know, slow down! Watch where your going, turn here, your lost! Go faster, ect... LOL

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I will let you know Dave, I may be able to get a trailer also. I would go double with the Misses but, it isnt any fun then.

You know, slow down! Watch where your going, turn here, your lost! Go faster, ect... LOL

If you're doubling, I hope someone catches that "action" on video grin.gif

I may have one friend coming with me on an older Popo.

Who is all going so far? Only a few days away. Looks like we may have almost 10 or so. Forecast now says mid 20's on Saturday. Make sure you dress for it. Last ride we all had snowmobile type suits and helmets would be a must IMO just for warmth. We usually stop quite often, so don't be worried about freezing out there.

it sounds as though it might be a little windy, but out in the forest, it shouldn't be bad.

So far we have:

LEP7MM

Roofer+1

4wanderingeyes+1

reelemin

Snapjigger?

Wingnut

Bjjams

Dozer

There might be more. I will have to check back in the posts. If anyone has a ? behind their name above, please confirm so we have an accurate count as to how many we can expect prior to leaving Nickerson for the trail head.

Thanks,

Dave

I'm going to have to miss again, dang it! We're leaving this weekend, the wife said something about going on a boat ride, somewhere in the Caribbean with her, to celebrate 30 years of bliss. I don't know, she says I never listen...I'll know more when we get back! ;\)sleep.gif Have fun guys!

I'm gonna have to miss this one. I haven't got the gas leak fixed up yet and haven't totally tested out the new ride so I want to get it out and ride more before I go out on a long ride.

Well, the real reason, wifey no likey me going out of town again.

Hey - Is this ride open to all? I have been wanting to get the wheeler out and this sounds like a good time. It is pretty said to say that I have had my wheeler almost 3 years and I don't even have 500 miles on it yet. Griz29

Originally Posted By: griz29
Hey - Is this ride open to all? I have been wanting to get the wheeler out and this sounds like a good time. It is pretty said to say that I have had my wheeler almost 3 years and I don't even have 500 miles on it yet. Griz29

you're more than welcome to join us Griz.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Don't wanna steel the thread, are there any trails near to the cities to use?

The closest thing to the cities would be the Tri-County Pit between Northfield and Faribault. I've been there several times and it's ok to get out for a couple hours. The next closest thing would be to head down to Chatfield by Rochester. I think that trail is still open.

Originally Posted By: griz29
I will have to see if the warden will let me out for good behavior for the day.

For some reason that made me chuckle. Bjjams and I will be riding together from st.cloud. Should be a good time.

Lep, I am going to wuss out this weekend again. I have had a real busy week and havent finished a project I have been in the middle of for awhile, do to always being busy on the weekends. That and looking at the forcast of single digits in the morning, and a high lucky to reach 20, it would be a cool ride. Although I have riden in much cooler weather. I think I will just have to catch the next ride. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the update Scott. We'll have to get something for the summer time set up. Hopefully by that time I can upgrade to a larger trailer that will hold at least 3 machines.

I need something bigger to haul the DNR props for the safety training.

I can see where you wouldn't want to tow your parachute everywhere you go. That can make for an expensive weekend.

I checked the DNR site tonight and so far the trails are still open. I don't expect this to change with the weather dropping below 0 tonight and tomorrow night.

Keep in mind there will be a final update here by 8 Friday evening for the ride.