• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slabfest !

Ok you guys. As you can see I don't have a new avatar. Sorry. I tried REALLY hard but URL was not in the mood to give up much to this girl! I heard Hanson say out on the ice "You can't always judge a successful day of fishing by the number of fish you catch." That's my new mantra.

I did catch a walleye but was only about 10 inches long on Friday. I caught her jigging a pink glow Rattlin' Varmint ( Outdoor Pro Store ) and some power bait so that was fun. Some people did well on Saturday but on the whole, it was pretty slow up there.

I did meet some great FMers! I met Sandmannd, BigWade, Team Otter, Jonny P, Boilerguy, Kelly P, oh and some other great people (I was the one giving out cookies!)! We must've punched seriously 100 holes and moved around alot. The weather was sunny and wonderful but the wind picked up and I set up my new Otter Cabin. It was easy to set up and perfect for me.

These events are really fun everyone! It's great to put the faces to names to the people you've been chatting with. Thank you to all the other FMers who made this weekend a blast for me!!

sounds like it was a good time, to bad the bite wasn't on.

Lisa - I'm headed up to a FM Atv ride on the 8th and then I was going to head over to Mora on the 9th, you and Jim want to join me for some pan fish fishing ???? grin.gif

Don't you think that anyone who enjoys this site needs to attend one of these events? One person I forgot to mention in my 1st Slabfest recap post was IceHawk and his buddy (Eric?) who was in the cabin next to us-sorry about the early AM knock on the door from you-know-who! hahaha I think he seems to think EVERYONE needs to have as much fun as him!! \:Deek.gifblush.gif

I had a blast and it was nice to meet some folks I hadn't before. Lisa, I think these events are great to get out and [PoorWordUsage] with folks. Fishing wasn't hot, but I still had a blast. Got a couple of small walleyes before we left at around 6:30 on Satuday.

Lisa- No need to be sorry. We found it hillarious and if we weren't getting up at 5 am to head S and chase some gills we would of definately joined him! You guys are a blast looking forward to fishing with you again.

Lisa, the crappie Gods were not so nice to me also. However, sometimes the best times on the ice don't include fish in the bucket.

It was awesome meeting you and Jim and IceHawk and everyone else I met that I just can't remember their names. Talk about good times with good people!!!!

For the record, these FM get togethers are nothing but fun. If you haven't attended one, get to one. If you have, keep coming and bring some buddies.

Lisa, Wade didn't get anything on Red. But he got some nice fish in the Black Duck area on Friday and Saturday morning. We can't complain about the whole weekend, we had a blast. What was nice is that we got home from slabfest and his father-in-law had Primrib and all the fixin's going so that was awesome.

It was good to meet you as well and have some of your cookies. Good chattin' with you we will have to get out again sometime.

Originally Posted By: IceHawk
We found it hillarious

oh poor Jim. I got a headache just thinking about him.

Cool Cats is calling you Lisa grin.gif and if you ask nice, Icehawk might show you some super secret double probation spots

dtro we are looking at the weather and it looks so nice that we just might have to take a little road trip. The only thing slowing us down is that we thought about hitting Burntside and the pull of the lakers is a very strong tug. After Saturday night the only thing Icehawk is going to show me is the door grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
As I said, my liver and auger thanked me yesterday for going home.

Lisa, nice to meet you. Great cookies but not quite as good as Borch's "apple pie". Get my drift?

Are you requesting I bring some Apple Pie to the Cool Cats? I'll need to take an inventory. I guess it is a potluck...right?

Although I thought Lisa's cookies rocked! I even had a couple during breakfast the next morning.

If you think his "Apple Pie" was good, you should try some of his "Brownies".

Good Lord... I have brownie smeared on the canvas of my Otter shack, there is brownie in the tub, there is brownie on my rod case, brownie on the propane tank, brownie in the heater.

From my personal field testing, a cheapo Ziploc type plastic container will not contain brownies on a 9 mile snowmobile ride across Upper Red Lake. I'm on the lookout for a better product. \:\)

Originally Posted By: IceHawk
Jim your defiantely a card and I had a blast with you! Borch I didn't get to try that apple pie yet?

That's right. You were out catching fish way too far away to toast them. I'll make sure I bring some for the next get together.

You're coming to Cool Cats right?