• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pair of 200 inch Whitetails

jkcmj

they look more like sisters (LOL)

Wow those are huge deer. look at the size of the head on the one on the left. I am sure it has to do with lighting but the one on the left looks like he has a cinder block for a head....If they are brothers, ya gotta hope that family tree keeps looking like a telephone pole

Those are big deer, really nice deer in fact, but 200"??? Boy I really don't know about that. Were they both officially scored? Its hard to tell from one pic but 200" is out of this world big and I just don't know that these two make it. I've seen lots of deer that are way overestimated scorewise by guys.

Don't get me wrong, these are awesome deer, I just wonder about the actual size...

Originally Posted By: lawdog
Those are big deer, really nice deer in fact, but 200"??? Boy I really don't know about that. Were they both officially scored? Its hard to tell from one pic but 200" is out of this world big and I just don't know that these two make it. I've seen lots of deer that are way overestimated scorewise by guys.

Don't get me wrong, these are awesome deer, I just wonder about the actual size...

I agree!!

I don't know much about scoring or where/when/if they were officially scored. I am told the buck on the right net scored just under 200 and the one on the left netted just over the mark.

Here is a brief mention on them in the field and stream online blog.

http://fieldandstream.blogs.com/news/2006/11/bucktracker_luc.html

This is a link to the H.S. HSOforum photo gallery featuring the buck on the left.

http://www.hunterspec.com/gallery/gallery_page.cfm?ImageID=903

Here is a link to Realtree video blog mentioning a hunt by Steve's place.

http://www.realtree.com/videoblog/2007_11_01_archive.html

I believe one or maybe both deer are featured on the H.S. video series but I am unsure. I know Steve filmed Philip Vanderpool(sp?) killing a 199" buck on Steve's land that is on the video cover.

My brother Errol killed a deer that officially net scored in the mid 140's and they are very small in comparison, so it is easy for me to believe Steve's are right up there score wise. This is a photo of my brothers buck.

392.jpg

Steve "the snowman" Snow - they're legit. Pretty easy to see by looking at the racks. We're talking gross non-typical scores too btw. I know of at least 1 more 200" taken from the same area last fall... talk about good genetics.