• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Valentine's Day

Well valentines day is just another excuse for myself and my lovely wife to go out to dinner, a movie or whatever. We don't usually do in on Valentines day but usually within a few days of it. Getting reservation, flower, etc is just a plain hassel on that day. For instance this year my wife will be on a plane to Jamaica with a girlfriend and our oldest daughter. I won't even see her then but we've already done our Valentine thing. \:D

Valentine's Card $4

Two dozen red roses from Sam's club $24

Nice dinner at Red Lobster $50

A nice relaxing date with your honey Priceless! \:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do the flowers thing until last year when the cats decided that vase of flowers was a nice thing to knock over. So my bride decided flowers would be left out. We'll probably do a dinner thing this year....Or if the taxes come back, maybe a Saturday nite at the Island.

Instead of VD, I surprise my wife in other ways. Then, it really is special and a surprise. Don't make it on Feb 14th.

Things I have done for my wife that I really enjoyed:

1) Throw her a surprise birthday party two weeks after her birthday.

2) Take her out on the anniversay on the first day you met, and to the spot where you met her.

3) Take her to a chick-flick she would love to see (this one is hard).

4) Take her to the place where you proposed...and ask her again.

5) Take the day off of work without her knowing it...and clean the house.

Who needs Feb 14th to show how much you care and love her? Too many people feel the need to use this day and not others.

But, I am not perfect and make many mistakes too. But, I am a man...what do you expect!

Actually, my wife is awesome.

She has to be for she has to put up with me.

I did actually buy her a card this year. We are a little competitive in fishing and some other things. It says:

"I got you and you got me. I win."

My best advice I gave my nieces and nephews (that they will probably never follow)...don't get married until later in life. I always said I would never get married before the age of 30. Well, at 30...I still wasn't ready. At 35, I met the person I was waiting for. So many people rush into it. And, marry someone who enjoys the things you do too, plus some of her own things. You don't have to do everything together.

My fiancee works 7pm to 7am on the 13th and 14th. She gets home after I go to work so I plan on buying 2 dozen roses. I will lay out the first dozen roses with gifts incrementing in size. I am going to start with a couple pieces of chocolate, move up to a DVD or two, a new book, a season of Scrubs and then end on a new DVD player she has been bugging me to get. The other dozen roses will be sitting next to a pancake breakfast set out on her bed so she can eat before she goes to sleep for the day.

Her bday is a couple weeks after VDay so I usually get roses that day (they are always one sale.) I figured I would suprise her this year.

If I were female and single I would propose to you hammerhandle, the rest of you Al Bundy's can hit the curb. I can tell you have seen your share of chick flicks. You actually watched them too!

I fit in the bozo catagory. My wife's bday is a few days after, so I usually do a combo present or something. Am I cheap, or what?

Quote:
Actually, my wife is awesome.

Hammer, I think that's so sweet! I bet she does too!

Lusid-you've won half you battle man! Get her on this site then too!

Quote:
My fiancee works 7pm to 7am on the 13th and 14th. She gets home after I go to work so I plan on buying 2 dozen roses. I will lay out the first dozen roses with gifts incrementing in size.....
gonefishing, you're killing me! That is so creative and thoughtful. \:\)

No mucc-Hammer and gonefishin are not the norm from what we've all been reading here this week! I bet you don't hear their ladies complaining about the romantic stuff either though! grin.gif

I have been marries for 33 years. I bought my wife a card this year and its been probably 5-6 years since the last one. I use to buy her roses and she got upset that I spent that much money on flowers that were going to just die.

I will clean the house, have supper waiting for her when she gets home just like every other day of the year.

Boring, I know, but what else after that many years.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
I will clean the house, have supper waiting for her when she gets home just like every other day of the year.

Boring, I know, but what else after that many years.

This is perfect HL. This is exactly the things that will matter the most. I've given gifts and stuff, but if she still feels overwhelmed with cleaning the house or doing laundry or fixing dinner, then the flowers don't help much.

Once those things are done you can have the relaxing evening. Thats where the quality time is spent. We will probably play cards or try a board game. I spanked her in Scrabble the other day so I think a rematch will be in order.

Hear there is a snow storm coming tomorrow, so I guess hubby and I will go out for lunch today. We just bought a new 4 wheeler so I guess you could say Valentines came early for the both of us. \:\)

Originally Posted By: Iambjm
Hear there is a snow storm coming tomorrow, so I guess hubby and I will go out for lunch today. We just bought a new 4 wheeler so I guess you could say Valentines came early for the both of us. \:\)

Snow storm on V Day and people can't get out......Doesn't leave much for options....Hmmm, keep an eye on the local papers "announcement" pages in about 10 months! whistle.gif