• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Valentines day helpful hints

Bobby Bass

Since there is no Man's Forum I thought I would post this here, to share with other men. Just a few helpful hints for men who help out around the house by doing chores. First off if you don't wash clothes start. From what I hear this is one of the biggest household chores that women complain about. I watched one day and you know what.. They really don't haul clothes down to the creek and dip them in running water and then beat them with a stick. They use machines, if you stay away from the new silk stuff you bought them for Christmas and Valentines day it is hard to screw up washing clothes in a washing machine.

Washing dishes, I find that a 1500 psi power washer or even a 2200 psi washer does a fine job on pot, pans and dishes. You can also amuse yourself launching glasses with this tool. Better for the environment as no soap is needed. Just the power of water gets the job done.

Vacuum cleaning, well nothing beats getting to the corners then a 5 hp shop vac. Once again bigger is better here. A nice touch is one with the detachable blower for getting them spider webs out of ceiling corners.

Microwave ovens. Every one knows water and electricity do not mix, so unplug the microwave before using the shop vac to get out the chunks and following up with the power washer. The blower will come in handy here to quickly dry the microwave in time for you to heat up a sandwich.

Just a few helpful cleaning tips for you before Valentines Day!

Thanks for making some really great points Bobby Bass. I sure hope my husband reads this and gets some nice hints! grin.gif One thing I might add is this: It's super helpful when a guy brings in the leaf blower for those extra tough dusting jobs (especially that china cabinet!) because bigger is better.

LOL!

My wife and I changed household "jobs" this last summer. After a month, she decided it was best to change back....

But, the big things like dishes...clothes...and cooking should be done by both. I have to admit my wife does more clothes, but she has 3 times more dirty clothes than me.

Is it just me or do most guys wear clothes for a couple of days (depending on what you've done) and women will wash their clothes even if they change outfits several times in a day? Seems to me like women (my wife) whistle.gif wash there clothes whether they are dirty or not?

As much as I love my wife, gift buying for V Day will probably turn out as an exercise in futility again. I will probably not start to think about a gift until Wednesday night, and then wonder why there is nothing to be had so close to the day.

In the end it's really like Christmas, birthday, anniversary: It's not a holiday to celebrate, it's just another opportunity for failure.

(Actually I've been bugging her for ideas this time; I might bring her along shopping and have her pick it out).

Have a good one.

DD

I really hate V-Day. Trumped up holiday in which I should feel bad that I didn't buy my wife a gift. I find it more fulfilling to surprise her once or twice a month with flowers or a (relatively) clean house.

I bet there aren't many guys who expect a gift for Valentines, and I also bet that one of the best gifts would be for their wife to say "let's just go out to eat or something"

I'm cooking Alaskin King Crab Legs and a big juicy Prime Rib next sat night...might even throw in a box of Godiva Chocolate too. That should help her to forgive me for not knowing the difference between the washer and the dryerwife.gif

I am one Lucky Guy!....

Yup, giwoyna5, get your checkbook out if you want to see week #4. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

By the way, everybody remember that deer hunting season is 9 months away. Beware the Valentine Curse on Hunting, if you want to go after deer this fall. My uncles always warned me about this curse.

DD

I got my g/f this book called "How to Love Me"- it's a black book with a red heart at Barnes & Noble... $10 and basically it's a book with hundreds of questions all about her that she answers. 1. She thought it was the most thoughtful gift she's ever gotten, and 2. I found out a LOT of new info about her that I thought I knew- GET IT!! Some chocolates, that book (it's like her personal diary that asks her everything YOU want and need to know) and you're in for a night of (quote) "Chicka Chicka Wow Wow!"

I just noticed today that my local flower distributers shelves are looking a little bare. I guess I need to try somewhere other than Cub Foods. grin.gif

I call v-day a Halmark Holiday. I am totally with the idea of doing special things for no particular reason on no particular day. It makes it easier than trying to explain why the flowers look a little withered. By the way "It is all they had" isn't a good excuse to use.

CA