• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More Laker/Burntside Bash EXCITEMENT!!!

Tami

I purchased a Plano-protector series case for my laker rods a year ago. It has a nice handle to carry the case and has the foam egg shell type lining. I carry a baitcaster set up and a spinning set up in it.

Hard sided and I throw it in the botttom of my tub and never have to worry about breaking those expensive rods. The longest rod I have in it is I believe 41 inches and there is still roam on both ends.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tom - I'm gonna look at some today.

I can't wait for this BBash thing to be over withn so I can on with the rest of my life \:o OMG - slap me again crazy.gif

Truly though - This could become the highlight of my winter!!!! blush.gif

Tami, once you catch a laker through the ice, it WILL be the start of the rest of your life. Only it will be a life you've never considered. Gone will the the 6lb line and walleye rods, the 2lb line and ultralights for pannies.

Oooooooeeeeeee, just watch Tami go after she lands that first six-pounder. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Now if only the Legislature/DNR would quit closing the laker season from March until May opener, for which there is absolutely no biological reason. And if they'd open it back up in November, only closing it from late September through October to protect spawning fish, I'd probably get rid of my walleye/panfish ice gear for good! grin.gifgrin.gif

you guys are brutal \:\) if its not one event its another, if not one species its the other :D,

Sooooo many events, Soooo, many possibilities, Sooooo many lakes, Sooooo much gear. crazy.gif

My only regret is I didn't start this whole fishing feeascle 40 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!! \:D

crazy.gifcrazy.gif whats a girl to do crazy.gifcrazy.gif

\:\/ of cource - fish till ya drop \:o

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I've done both the Burntside bash (several times) and the Sturgeon Excursion. I don't like missng the Burntside bash for sure but the Sturgeon Excursion really gets me pumped.

You don't want to miss either Tami.

For a great rod case that might as well be bulletproof, I bought the Otter rod box. Its made of the same great Otter plastic and filled with the eggcrate foam. It fits my 36" rod no problem. When I'm not dragging around my laker combo, I fit up to 6 rods in there with the right positioning.

Holy Lake Trout FMer's! The excitement has left me in a tizz! Starting to corral gear up here at the cabin is just the beginning...

Arctic Armor and boots...check

Bait caster reels...check

All my tackle...check

My LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT OFF THE CHARTS because there's still 6 DAYS LEFT??....check!!

This is my 1st FM event and can't wait to meet everyone there!

Tami, do you have bait caster or spinning reels? If you get a gun case (Jim uses one) he can fit his spinning reels in there fine as long as he folds down the handles. I'm not so sure about bait casters tho. Powerstroke's idea would be the ticket then.

Tami, just so you are aware, the gun case that can work for Laker rods is 52" long by 15" wide. It also has roon for some smaller plastic type tackle boxes. I only place 2 rods in it along with the rods but I would guess one could get another 1 or maybe 2 in without having any issues.

Thanks Tom - I went with a soft sided case and put a PVC tube in it. With the soft sided I'm able to attach it to the wheeler the way I need it. I've got some pretty good wheeler modifications going. I may have to show off a bit this weekend blush.gif

Thanks for all the information, you guys have been awesome with all your quick responses. grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
Holy Lake Trout FMer's! The excitement has left me in a tizz! Starting to corral gear up here at the cabin is just the beginning...

Arctic Armor and boots...check

Bait caster reels...check

All my tackle...check

Payment for a wager.....Double Check \:\/

What in the world is going on here? It's been almost a whole day since there's been a new post.

This thread is starting to wind down just when the Bash fever is really starting to CRANK UP! What, are all you folks busy gathering gear? I mean, c'mon Lisa and Tami, you've been packed for two days, so what are you all doing right now? Sleeping in advance? You've got less than 36 hours before you start the trucks and head this way. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Tami I am so jealous that you only have 1 wakeup and I have 2 but come heck or high water we will be there Friday morning ready to tangle with the laker's of Burntside. Still a few things to prep but for the most part we are ready. If you caught my post regarding the sloppy joes you are more then welcome to have some. It is a recipe I found in the paper of my old high schools recipe. Simple but VERY tasty. We will see you at the access Friday morning and go from there. Lisa is in her NEW favorite class tonight Cell Biology. grin.gif

Hey Jim - I may take ya up on the joes, they are my favorite. Tell Lisa to hang in there the weekend is almost here!!!! \:D

To make her feel better, I'll be doing homework up there both Thurs and fri nights. Online schools don't have weekends!!! \:\(eek.gif

See ya Fri am bright and early. \:\) yippy crazy.gif

Tami I hope you will not have to resort to sitting in the lobby of the Paddle to finish your homework grin.gif Lisa will do just fine but the distraction of the Laker's just causes her to lose focus but can you blame her \:D Hope your Thursday flies by and we will see you Friday morning.

Thanks Jim for keeping people informed on why I've been MIA! You did a great job! I'm still plugging along with this class and trying to keep my spirits high. And it hasn't made me any less excited to get lakering (my new word!) on Friday. I still have to pack my clothes, pick up some snacks, bait, and beverages, and then I'm done! I tied on some shiny new jigs onto my rods last night too. I'm especially excited about my new Go Devils!! \:D Did I forget anything else Tami??

I got plenty o' belly of my own-oh you meant the smelt! ;\)blush.gif

I think Jim's heading to Cloquet tomorrow and getting some ciscoes?! I might be wrong and I'm sure he'll correct me at about 6AM! We can always share if one works better than the other? Okay? grin.gif