• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Guess we should have moved in I wound up catching 2 nice perch and that was it marked alot of smaller fish believe they were silver bass the way they would shoot up and down.Still had fun though ! Nice job guys and thanks chef for the tip today!

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmy, was a good few hours out there yesterday. I'm glad the kids played around your shelter!! ha. Good pic of all three holding up fish.

Doug, nice fish!!

Yes it was a silver buddy, my last good secret?? maybe? don't know but if you can find them buy them, the company is out of business now, they are hard to come by, i bought a whole bunch last year, so they are precious to me! I love them in the late summer when the eyes are deep too, great smallie, perch,trout, landlock and sheepshead bait also. Silver or gold are the best. I've tried them against most of the other blade baits and they work best for me, there are a few "new" ones that came out that i want to try to see if they are similar

When are we going again??!! \:\)

Rob Javerone caught this dandy Otsego Laker, fish was released after picture to swim away for another day, if there is a problem with the gaff Salmonseeker73 can you clean that up, Thanks Jimmy... It's one heckuva a laker!

otsego0307022oi7.jpg

Great pics all around!! Kyle, Sonjy and I were the last off the ice . . . too stubborn not to go when the bite disappeared. About the best we could do was a couple of cold ones later! The best lure Salmonseeker has is the one he used to keep the kids doing a sliding comp around Timmie and my shelters . . .

I may have talked DC and Tank into the morning bite on Oneida...that seems to be the best time. There were Waldo's everywher yesterday morning. All I got last night were 4 dink Waldos...oh well!

I am taking the day off as well boys...what time are we meeting and where. Oneida half day...Yellow Tape the other half into the night bite????

Sounds like a plan but I won't be able to do the nite bite, unfortunately I have to be back by 3 p.m. Walleyes in the morning and panfish in the afternoon. Wouldn't it be nice if a big school of perch swam under us tomorrow morning on Oneida, that would be awesome... I like the plan but I will probably stick her out at Oneida...

Ahhh I love meetings.

Thanks for the invite last night, Ellie had a ball. I think she fished for a whole 3 minutes before she said "OK where are the other kids?" Then off she went. Hope she wasn't too much trouble.

We (Ellie) ended up with someone's walleye. Hope no one was missing one. If you are let me know.

I'm busy till Friday afternoon. I'll probably head out to Oneida around 3:00.

Tim, I'll PM you on IS with some perch info.

Good luck tonight!

Sounds good Aaron, I got you PM and responded.. The kids had a ball last night. Rosa is watching Amanda and LJ tonight while Jimmy's dad and I are on the Big "O". Dougy just called he's going and he might be bringing Lilly. Wish the kid's wanted to go again but Amanda and Jimmy are still recovering from all the sliding fun. Amanda fell asleep about a min. before we got home last night in the van, she was whooped.

Ya, Ellie didn't last long before she crashed. She loves to go as long as there are other kids to play with. I have a couple things to take care of at work and around the house. I'll be back out on Friday around 3:00. Not sure where yet. I sent you a pm but I was kind of vague. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Talked to Dark Cloud and he's talking with Doug. I don't know how this will go over with Doug since he's such a big fan of E-Banks \:D but that looks to be where will be tomorrow morning with the SW wind at 15 -20 mph that's the best call. Ray you available?

Well you didn't miss anything tonight Chris the bite and the fish marking was about as dry as the Sahara desert. Of course Silver Buddy boy got on the board with a nice 17" and Doug hit late after we left a little walleye sandwich just over 15". Well here's the pics from probably my last walleye trip this winter on the Big O...

Jimmy should change his name from Salmonseeker 73 to Silver Buddy73.. Good fishing with you.

1001110id0.jpg

Shot of the crew... Todd on left, Timmy's Trap, Frank and behind him Lek (thanks for the spring rolls Lek they were delicious). and to the right of them Jimmy

1001111fr0.jpg

Here's Jimmy and in the distance that's Doug, Kyle and Lily searching for better spots...

1001112hd6.jpg

Give me the scoop for tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to go in the AM but not sure. Have an apt. but I might be able to skip. So far behind on things, I've lapped myself twice! Still get dog tired by 7:30 - 8 PM. Got friends dropping like flies with the flu, relapses, etc. Hoping to avoid all that. Just missed getting hit head on a city street at about 60 mph today. Some fool shot a turn like NASCAR and didn't see me. Those driving classes must have stuck with me! Missed me by about 8-10" I didn't even get a chance to get scared or an adrenaline dump! Heck, all I could tell you was the make, mod, and color and that was thanks to the side view mirror!! Should have bought a lottery ticket after that. I need to fish!!!! lol

Fished the slayground pond around the LC today 10am-7pm fishing was slow ended up with 16 keepers 9"-13 3/4" and another 6 under 9" and lost a few nice ones on the way up

the 13 3/4"\

DSC02935.jpg

they are getting fat

DSC02937.jpg

also Lee I highly doubt they will be spawning under the ice \:\) although it looks like the females are ready to explode

Spawning takes place in the spring (April through early May) when the water temperature reaches 45 - 52°F