• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Chef . . . I'm waitng on Tim to make a decision . . . would like to join up with you guys. Now DC knows the virgin waters is not a garden spot right? I have a Lowrance Expedition that works like a charm. We used it last week on C to move to potential points and contours . . . it was on the mark(um).

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank - I am fishing with Todd and Donny out of a private access area on the south shore of Big O. location unknown. It's one of Todd's honeys so you'll have to get clearance from him if you want to meet us out there. They have been running sleds and ATV's on O it's just that I am unfamiliar with the danger areas and sink holes and stuff that I don't know what areas would be of safe travel that's key.

Talked to Dark Cloud last night and there undecided as well for Saturday. Tried Doug and his phone was busy... Tuzzy could use a partner for Saturday as well.

The western NY crew will be around the North Bay Area. Mohawk Valley Joe will be on C. That is all the info I have now..

Are we a go for Saturday? Not sure if the little one is going or not now but I'm working on him, he wants to go to a one day mini-camp for JR Pee-Wee Football. That's what I do in the late summer and fall, going on 4 years now. It use to be kind a pain in the arse but now it great to see the kids go from no skills to being able to run plays and not afraid to take hits and make tackles.

Well, so far I think that Ray is meeting me in Caz. tomorrow morning!

I am still waiting to see if DC and Tank are going to meet us Ray, for a 'Gill & Callie Bash! If you boys want to come with us I will set a meeting time and place for Sat. morning. I would like to hit this spot while the dark is still there. Get a series of holes drilled and get on some of these UNPRESSURED fish eek.gif

I can only fish until about 9:30-10:00 AM and then I could be back with some LUNCH for all of us from the Restaurant around Noon!

This spot has never been fished through the ice, but it is real fishy and in the 3 trips I was there in my boat last summer I managed about 200 Callies with a bunch of 'Gills mixed in!

We'll see...I hope no one is Scared ;\)

Originally Posted By: CNY Lee
I'm doing a Gander trip tonight after work for some new line and blades for the 5" Lazer, checking ice 2 weeks ago I hit some rocks.

Buy a 6" auger Lee those callies get wedged in a 5" hole unless your doing the slimfast rip grin.gif

Originally Posted By: CNY Lee
A 6" will be bought over the summer though, easier to sight fish with that size.

Lee if you think a 6" is snappy for sight fishing try a 7". After seeing the viewing window on Big Johnny Ice's 7" hole, Sweet! I'm prepared for both situations with the 6" and 7" lazer shafts for the Mag III plus.

Vrooom! I know "Auger" Bud liked that \:D

Timmy, what kind of weather you getting out there? This sucks here, it's heavy freezing rain and they're talking up to 1/2" or more of ice eek.gif I guess the good thing is it's not pure rain but it's not going to be fun clearing the windshields on the vehicles mad.gif

Lee, lots of guys use 4" augers up here for perch on Lake George!

John- I just talked to Dark Cloud and they got freezing rain all morning down in Endicott. We got about 2" of light granular snow and it changed over 3 hours ago and at 11:15 a.m. I had to scrape an 1/8" of ice off my driver side window, took me 15 minutes to get her clear and she is till sleeting and freezing rain right now, YIKES!

Winds are supposed to be 20mph tomorrow and 30 mph on Sunday. I'll have to talk to Todd after he get's out of work becuase one place I do not want to be is on Oneida with winds like that unless I want to play flip the trap \:\(

I will give you a call after I get through lunch...we have a steady light freezing rain here. I don't think it will affect our plans one bit! If this turns to snow and we get some accumulation...it might be a long hard drag with the gear...or I can make a quick decision change and put us on some of those Jumbos down the road!!!

Chef, is it too late to get in on the trip? Not sure if my original plans are a go or not. My son and I want to hit the hard stuff somewhere tomorrow. I'm just not sure how many people you were planning on guiding tomorrow! \:\)

Had a fairly decent day today it was nice to fish with Tim,frank,Chef,DC,Tank,Donney,Ray,Lee,Chris and Calli thanks guys will have to do it again sometime.

DC hey thanks for the care package Bro I will be putting them to a test run starting tomorrow.I am sure they will do the job .I will let you know. any time you and Tank want to try it again you guys have my #.

Tank, great slim jims perfect for the ice fishing trips thank you.

Chef, thanks for the chocolate chip cookies awsome grin.gif

Like I said I had a great time fishing with all of you and maybe we can have the whole crew on the ice at once .LOOK OUT FISHEYS YOU ARE GOING TO GET A AZZ WHOOPING.

Originally Posted By: Thunderman
Had a fairly decent day today it was nice to fish with Tim,frank,Chef,DC,Tank,Donney,Ray,Lee,Chris and Calli thanks guys will have to do it again sometime.

DC hey thanks for the care package Bro I will be putting them to a test run starting tomorrow.I am sure they will do the job .I will let you know. any time you and Tank want to try it again you guys have my #.

Tank, great slim jims perfect for the ice fishing trips thank you.

Chef, thanks for the chocolate chip cookies awsome grin.gif

Like I said I had a great time fishing with all of you and maybe we can have the whole crew on the ice at once .LOOK OUT FISHEYS YOU ARE GOING TO GET A AZZ WHOOPING.

so how was the fishing lol I have a bunch of buddies over this weekend and we are slaying few fish as usual \:\)

Just wanted to echo Thunderman's sentiments. It sure was fun today and I really enjoyed it. New friends and old friends joined together doing what we do best, it just doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for the DVD's Ray, the jigs and flies Jay, the cookies Doug, and the slim jims Tank. Nice seeing Don, Lee and Little Anthony, his picture is the best ;\) It was great meeting Chris, Scott and Cali. Check out the pics we had a ball..

Donny with a dandy... Good seeing you again and good luck to you Todd and Doug on the Big O tomorrow..

1001005ep6.jpg

Todd with a nice gill...

1001006qe7.jpg

Nice piggy Todd...

1001007sm3.jpg

This nice gill whacked a Dark Cloud custom fat boy and Maki Mishi. Talk about a one, two punch... grin.gif

1001008ld4.jpg

Pretty sunny Thunderman...

1001009ld2.jpg

Dark Cloud with a Callie..

1001010vb1.jpg

Franky scores!

1001011ov4.jpg

Dark Cloud with a Chunk...

1001012sf7.jpg

Me with a nice one..

1001013bg6.jpg

From left to right front... Frank, Todd and Tim and in the back Ray, Dark Cloud and Tank..

1001014kn8.jpg

Murderes row \:D

1001015sy8.jpg

Another Dark Cloud special!

1001017il8.jpg

Timmy..

1001018qa0.jpg

It takes a Timanti and a Maki bloodi red.. And the tail of the tape... Thanks for the tape measures Ray there awesome!

1001019ns5.jpg

Attaboy Tank...

1001016la2.jpg

And my favorite Anthony's first gill today...

1001020nj1.jpg

Tim, those group pictures look dangerous grin.gif THE POWER OF MARCUM we should call them great pics Bro.I am hopeing to get some pics on the big O today Its just Donny and I Chef is fishing local waters around his house today Good luck everyone.

Hey all that was out there yesterday, very nice meeting new people and seeing old faces again. Once we left Sunami Lake the weather was nice, fishing was good(did I mention I love bluegills), and the atmosphere for picking on Timmy was great.

We will definatly be making that drive again...

Timmy was in charge of photography but I did take this one just to pick on him some more. You gotta work on your close-ups and hooksets. It is entertaining to be 10 yards away and hear the rod hit the top of the trap though. grin.gif

p2020286si3.jpg

You guys that stayed when we left - the fishing was picking up solid, did it get better?