• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Timmy, Ya know why your last few outings havent been overly successful right? Ill give ya one guess, cuz i havent been there!!! Lol...no you know im kidding, i did talk to my buddie from back east towards Albany and he said he had been fishing for the past 4 days straight and hadent caught a fish yet! This is a guy that does not get skunked, so i dont know whats up, it must be the high pressure from Sunday and Monday maybe....

Thanks for you help with the boxes last night, couldnt have gotten them in without your help. I got one cabnet put togther, the other tonight when i get home from work....

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle no problem with the boxes. Hoby your girl is smokin... ;\) Well done partner. I hope my little, "Don't get in a fight before you go fishing with your partner" pep talk helped. That's the quietest you ever been fishing that I can remember. "You need your head in the game, not in the garden", OOOOPSSS that didn't come out right \:D\:D:D. Now I know why you haven't been fishing ;\) See you at work...

Tim, between when you guys left and 4:30 . . .all of 5 marks showed up in the 12 other holes I cut. I got 4 of them . . all males about 10 inches. A group of three fisherman came by on their way off the ice and said they got zip and were there from 10 on.

Yes it was Pot Belly Perch. As they say, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office . . .it was my comp day and I was going to stay as long as I should . . .which is not the same as could. BTW, the temps had melted the snow some and the middle that only had the 2+ inches of ice looked like open water . . .that was definitely scary.

Hey, timmy thanks for the good day, it was fun.... except for the ride home with the old man, I didn't hear the end of it.... he wanted me to pass on if any of us need lessons he'll do it with his 20 year old rod and 1 dollar lure and no electronics!! but i can say i made him a believe in the "5" after I showed him how to read it correctly and he actually seen me hook a fish on it.

I'm just looking forward to the next day on the Ice... where and when?

And yes should have went to delta....... I heard kyle is selling his 5 now,and all his Ice gear..... something about needing a down payment on a rock of some sorts??? grin.gif

Originally Posted By: salmonseeker2

And yes should have went to delta....... I heard kyle is selling his 5 now,and all his Ice gear..... something about needing a down payment on a rock of some sorts??? grin.gif

After Dark Cloud get's done with pounding me into oblivion for fishing Delta, your next \:D

I have to say that I believe Kyle's got a keeper there in Jennelle. Amanda loves her and I think she's very nice, good going Kyle. You have to stretch her a bit on the ice fishing runs to see how she reacts drop a few quick unannounced trips in there and see how she responds. If she handles this well and doesn't beat you up too bad. That investment Jimmy talked about would be warranted grin.gif Wonder if you can get a rock shaped like a "Gill Pill" \:D

I just talked to Tank still slow picking. Billy had a dozen keepers and Dad had al ittle less and like clockwork a couple a minutes into the conversation, fish on grin.gif

BTW - Joe will be on the north end of C on Saturday if anyone want's to go he has a blue trap with U.S. flag, stop by and say how do...

What are everyones plans for the upcoming weekend?

I am finally going to hit one of my secret local spots for the first time while the walking is easy...it is a haul to get to this spot, but I should be rewarded! I have never in my life seen anyone fish this spot through the ice...Virgin Territory!

This will be Sat. morning...I have room for a few if anyone is interested...I just need Blindfold sizes before we go and a GPS Shakedown...LOL

I guess it all depends on what this Winter Storm Warning has in store for us, this morning it was 3-5" of snow at lunch on the radio they bumped it up to 7". mad.gif Doug I'll give you a hollar tonight I left my cell at the house... whistle.gif

I wouldn't mind hitting it but have to finalize the plans with the family first. The little one has a school project / learning fair due next week (The basics of ice fishing) and we have to get everything set up. I'm even going to bring in my VX-1 for demo along with my fishtrap, auger and lures but we have to do pictures and all that other stuff. Sure hope they don't mind the fish smell. If the weather is ok and it's ok with you if I go could I bring my youngest with me, he's 9 yrs old. This is when I wish I had an extra fish finder, I'll be fishing old school because there is no way he's going to give up the VX-1 when he see's and catches a fish on it.

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef

You gotta love the GPS...it has come in handy on soft water to mark Real Fishy Ice Spots cool.gif

I just picked up the Lowrance Ifinder H20 that's compatible with my Navionics Hotmaps chip I use in my boat and man, it is sweet! It pops up the contour maps for most all the lakes in NY right on the screen so you can overlay waypoints. I love my old Garmin Gecko handheld but this one's even better.

I shot myself in the foot! I committed to taking Nick and Ellie out Saturday morning with Fish Boy and his daughters. Oh well, maybe next time. Anyone doing anything Sunday morning? I may take a quick trip to North Bay early for the morning walleye bite.

Aaron - I was on the phone with Doug and we discussed getting the kid's together for a little sunday morning fishing... Sunday a.m. is better for me. I'm committed Saturday with Todd and Donny, sorry Frank spot 2 never panned out. I will give Tuzzy and you an idea of where will be if you want to come out on da sleds and wheelers. There running em now..

Chef,

I'm in for Sat or Sun. I had plans for Sat between 8-9 but I can cancel!!! Just let me know so I can call tomorrow and give my excuse. hehehe Have to see what the weather brings I guess. Got a new GPS. Garmin E Trax Legend HCX. Just learning it. Christmas present. Come to think of it, she hasn't paid me for it yet, hmmm.