• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Lol....that map wouldnt have worked last night Doug we couldnt see 3 feet in front of our faces with that fog! Caught about 25, i was using my sonic crystal gel in bait fish formula, and it made a BIG difference!

The first and biggest of the evening...11"

cimg1966nn6.jpg

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
Been talking with Tip-upTimmy this morning. Slow and steady. Hes up into double digits, FishK got him doubled.

Timmys moving around haveing a hard time waitin out the schools, lol...

Think I tripled Timmy in the end. I just kept jigging them up as he wasmonkeying around with the tipups \:\)

Nice fishing with you and Frank as well \:\)

I ended up with well over a limit...All C&R!

Chris did the same...kept a few for the kids...yhey love 'em!

Frank got there about 30min after us and missed that 30min Borage whistle.gif Frank did a limit as well with 17 in his last hole. We all had our tricks that worked!

At dark I went glow and that didn't last long...switched to the DARK CLOUD Pink Jig he gave me Sat...Thanks DC. I tipped it with a Pink Mini Draggi from the Makster!

BTW Todd, our Cabela's order is in and our Plastics Storage Tackle Systems are in \:D

The wait for the fish was murder and I did give each hole 15 and 20 min. You start going a while without marking a fish and you get to the point where your just glad you saw a fish go through. That's work..

I did what Tank said., "Stay put and they will come in,". Next thing you know your holes are covered in perch up-chuck and all those juicy bloodworms are being spread out like confetti on New Years Eve.

Then the stragglers come in and eventually a school 2-3 because the more chuck you got in the hole the broader and wider your attracting area is going to be... I did get a double, that was cool. Double woofies in 2mm and 3mm

I probably would have only caught 4 or 5, moving the way I did earlier... Fishingking had the hot hole they were just underneath him. It's funny how you can fish around a guy and he's still the only one marking fish?" That's tough...

I have to fish Saturday but I will be checking a panfish lake with Todd. This is a scout mission... Don't know what will find and if it's any good I'll work on access. \:\)

Chris and Doug, thanks for the invite. It was interesting to look around last night and see more than three feet in front of your face. But then again, that's all you have to look to see your flasher. That last hole was in 10 fow and the craps were coming off the bottom . . . made sense since they were suspended generally around 10 feet in 18 fow. I too was using pink also with white plastic . . .made for a long presentation but the little tail called them in. Next Wednesday? It will probably take 3 days for the trap to completely dry in the garage!!!

I've been notified today by the Central Command director "she the one who must be obeyed" that I won't be fishing Saturday and I have been ordered to spend the day helping tile a backsplash in the kitchen crazy.gif I think I'll make it to one of our out of the way perch or crappie spots on Sunday though grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Otis1
Ahhh yes, Central Command Director. I will be spending Saturday at the Waterloo Outlet Mall. Anyone care to put me out of my misery? Please!

The only good thing about my Saturday is I will be able to drink many tasty ales while I work. Otis, Do they have a bar at the mall grin.gif

Dosen't the Comander in Chief trumph the central Command Director? lol \:\( I have been on both sides of the ball and its nice to be in charge but as the saying goes "if momma ain't happy, nobodys happy"

Otis - not sure if you have been there but its a kinda cool mall. The bigger of the two restaurants where you'd get back on the thru-way is a good place to eat - good food and big portions...

Originally Posted By: Otis1
Ahhh yes, Central Command Director. I will be spending Saturday at the Waterloo Outlet Mall. Anyone care to put me out of my misery? Please!

No but can you pick me up 2 pairs of jeans? \:\)

and thank god I'm never getting married

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Guys your giving a bad rap to most of our single friends out there. It's not that bad... Or is it? \:D

Would you like to come, there's plenty of room in the van? \:D\:D

"if momma ain't happy, nobodys happy"

MAN YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

Otis - not sure if you have been there but its a kinda cool mall. The bigger of the two restaurants where you'd get back on the thru-way is a good place to eat - good food and big portions...

I've never been there, I just figured it was like any other mall. I like the sounds of that restaurant, I'll definitely have to check that out. Thanks DC!

Lees right, I forgot about the fact BassP is right down the road. We always combo it into a mall, BP, and some winerys trip.

FYI - its an outdoor type mall where your outside between stores. Some neat cookin stores and most others are outlets so some good deals can be had...

Now you guy's are talking! I'll have to "get lost" and accidently turn into BP. Might not be that bad of a day after all. At least I now have a positive attitude towards going. That should make it more enjoyable for the misses. Thanks guys!

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
I was just telling Steve on the phone and told him. When I let the dog out last night it was raining good in Rome, and I was thinking, "If the bites good you guys woulds stay." Great report guys \:\) What no glow gill pills confused.gif

I was using a red glow gill pill ;\) tipped with plastic