• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Sharing... Panfish on Ice!!!

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
nice gill and how thick do the ice get in Indiana?

We had ice in December but lost it. We are just now getting ice again. Main lakes just iced over last Friday. We should be fishing by the weekend. Last year we had 14 inches...year before we only had 8.

Originally Posted By: PerchPounder
We found these in about 6 feet of water with pretty consistent action for most of the day.

I've never fished crappies that shallow. Is the lake shallow all together, were you near points, turns, weedbeds?

I got out for a saturday afternoon of icefishing. I started in 18 feet and marked fish right away. I ended up fishing the same two holes the whole time, for the fish kept coming. Mabye I could have got bigger ones if I moved around more, but I was enjoying just relaxing and trying to catch whatever swam by.

the panfish were caught on a glow jig tipped with a maki spinni. I also caught some on a salmo chubby darter and some on a angel eye spoon.

the bass and pike bit small shiner minnows below a bobber.

bass-1.jpg

chubbycrappie.jpg

spoongill.jpg

pike-1.jpg

jacksbass.jpg

specs.jpg

plasticcrappie.jpg

lmb.jpg

nitefish.jpg

PerchPounder,

Nice fish! Not trying to stir the pot and don't take offense to this... but how many fish can a guy eat? All those fish went home with you two days in a row? The dates on the pictures say 1/26 and 1/27...

Or maybe you're feeding a large family?

All of those were caught in Iowa.

Matt, the fish from saturday went home with a friend of mine, but the fish from sunday went home with me. I can and do eat alot of fish in the winter none of the fish I keep are ever wasted. The fish that I dont eat this week will be saved for our union superbowl party/poker tournament so I guess you could say im feeding a large family as well.

This is why I would never post a picture on this site.....Give the guy a break....maybe he was with 4-5 guys and if he caught his fish took his limit home ate a few and maybe gave a few to someone......unless you know the situation don't judge...just keep your thoughts to yourself!!!! Nice fish looks like you had a good weekend!!!!

Originally Posted By: ozzie
This is why I would never post a picture on this site.....Give the guy a break....maybe he was with 4-5 guys and if he caught his fish took his limit home ate a few and maybe gave a few to someone......unless you know the situation don't judge...just keep your thoughts to yourself!!!! Nice fish looks like you had a good weekend!!!!

I don't think anybody was really judging anybody. they were just curious if there was a big fish fry or party going on that they didnt get the invite too grin.gif

But thanks for your overconcern.

Thanks for sharing the pics perchpounder!