• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Record Attempt on June 14, 2008 Silver Bay 2,500 ATVs Needed

Paul

This year since ATVAM is celebrating it's 25th anniversery, we are going to try and break the Guiness book of world records with the most amount of ATV's in a Parade. The Record is currently 1,300 in Kentucky. SO come on all you Minnesotins we need your help. 2500+ on June 14th at Silver Bay on Main Street. Ride to Follow Parade

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

"Maybe I can get a Rincon to tow me through the parade".

I'm still needing a hitch, but I could manage that. Just so you know, I charge by the foot.
grin.gif

See ya this weekend.
cool.gif

LOL, I didn't know if you would catch that. smile.gif

Quote:

Oh yeah. Now that I own one, any talk of a Rincon will catch my eye.

Speaking of this weekend, are you nervous yet?
grin.gif

Yes, mainly because of the unpredictable weather. I am cutting it close on getting things done around the house. I should have almost everything ready after this evening. This getting dark at 7:30 thing really sucks for my after work-work schedule. confused.gif

This information was provided at the fall ATVAM convention and the organizer of the event is Les Schemerhorn the ATVAM director at large and President of the Red RIver Riders ATV and Cycle club. IF you wish more info you can email me at our HSOforum listed in my profile. I can put anyone in touch with Les. There will be a HSOforum up later with the information. I will post links and info later.

I have been in contact with Les lately and exchanged emails ( met on another site). I have tried to contact the "Outdoor News" about this. I can't get a response. I thought they were ATV friendly?

Only a few months away guys. Should get registered.

Yes Please pre register. ATVAM and the ATV Parade Crew asked me last night at our meeting to let me know they are looking to get as many people as possible pre registered ahead of time so they can make plans for the amount of people coming. There is a resteraunt in Silver Bay going to be offering a all u can eat buffet dinner for $10 a head, and they are looking for aprox nubmers as well. The Bar is also hosting a dance that evening, with a good classic rock band. I beleive there will be a small cover charge for the band.

so Please PRE REGISTER.

Paul - I registered a week ago - can't wait - \:D

Will I be getting or need anything to prove registration. I am also assuming more info will come out as the date gets closer.

I'm already practicing my parade wave - \:o

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Paul - I registered a week ago - can't wait - \:D

Will I be getting or need anything to prove registration. I am also assuming more info will come out as the date gets closer.

I'm already practicing my parade wave - \:o

Reelemin, To answer your question I was told that you will be asked to sign in when you get to Silver Bay so you will get counted by Guiness then you will get everything you need then.

Originally Posted By: Paul
This year since ATVAM is celebrating it's 25th anniversery, we are going to try and break the Guiness book of world records with the most amount of ATV's in a Parade. The Record is currently 1,300 in Kentucky. SO come on all you Minnesotins we need your help. 2500+ on June 14th at Silver Bay on Main Street. Ride to Follow Parade

why have this in northern mn where noone is going to see it, why not have it in downtown st.paul by the capitol and make a statment?

That would be pretty cool at the capitol, but we the point is to actually ride the ATV. HOw can you expect to have a great trail ride afterwards if you can't legally drive the ATV. For the Record the whole thing has to move a few feet I think. Would be pretty boring driving to ST Paul. Trying to find parking for 2500 ATV's, then not being able to drive them to the capitol without a really huge congressional headache.

But I have to admit, It would get peoples attention.