• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Record Attempt on June 14, 2008 Silver Bay 2,500 ATVs Needed

Paul

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little more info, some is the same. Get your camp sites though. It appears there are some still available.

Updates

Just a reminder that May 9, 2008 is the last day to pre-register in order to receive a Memorabilia " T " Shirt

There is still some camping spots left you need to call WildHurst 1-218-353-7337 or Bill Ylatupa will also help you out 1-218-226-4608

Registration and Staging for the parade will be half mile North of Outer Drive & Hwy 61 N in the field in front of AmericInn Motel look for the signs as you come into Silver Bay

Guinness Book of World Records has set up guide lines that we must follow so everybody must register to ride in the parade for those that have pre-registered by May 9 you will receive your Memorabilia T Shirts the day of the event

We would like to let everybody know that there will be ample parking. We will be able to use the city streets for parking then get on the trail and ride out to the staging area of the parade. There are several dirt roads that lead off from the staging area that we are going to use and we have access to several parking lots around town so again there is going to be enough parking for everybody.

The parade route is going to be a designated ATV trail for the day so kids can participate as long as they meet MN State requirements for riding on trails.

Side x Sides or Three wheelers will not count towards our numbers according to Guinness Book of World Records but will be allowed in the parade.

Zups in Silver Bay who are famous for their homemade sausages and beef jerky in the Northern tri-states are going to put on an all you can eat buffet for $10.00 a person. Following that will be the famous ATVAM auction and to top off the evening Northern Lights band will be playing 50’s 60’s and early 70’s music. There will be a small cover charge for the band All three events will be at the Union Hall

Right across the street from the Union Hall will be the sponsors that helped us make this event happen so make sure you stop over and look at their booths

Please bring a canned good or staple item to donate to the Silver Bay food bank. We will be collecting them at the parade site.

Also if you have an antique 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler that you would like to display for us to enjoy please bring them.

I'll have to bow out of this one.

Jr. has his football schedule for this fall and we'll be spending a large amount of time on the road this fall driving to Ely 4 times, Thief River Falls, Willmar, St Cloud State, Brainerd, and Virginia. We'll need to stock pile the funds for gas.

I sure hope the price of gas goes down a little. crazy.gifmad.gif

If anyone is looking for updates, An update page has been added to the Atvparade HSOforum. It answers a lot of the questions peopel have been asking. Also once again, if you plan on attending, I would recomend pre-registration. One of the main overlooked reasons for this, PORTA-POTTIES. They need to plan for the crowd correctly. IF everyone just kinda shows up with out any indication you are coming, things can be a mess.

Also: Red River Riders ATV Club from Moorhead and Metro Trail Riders (I think that name is correct) are going to do a ride on Sunday also if anyone wants to join. Check out redriverridersatv org for details about that ride closer to the date.

Last Pre-registration number I heard as of 2 weeks ago was almost 900. That was as of 2 weeks ago and they were coming in pretty steady as of then.

Sounds like the only thing left would be in the first come first server spots in the National Forest or State Forest. If you call the camp sites on the HSOforum you may find room. site is atvparade.com look under lodging.

If anyone wants to stop by, I will be most likley be manning one of the 3 video cameras during the parade, but my machine will be in the parade with a large red banner with our club on it.

Rather upset with a few things. I will post more later.

We missed the record by 56 atv's.

I second that opinion. just got home. I thought thiings went off with out a hitch but hard to believe that we couldn't break the record with as many machines as we have in MN. I heard one person give the excuse that it is just to far to drive from the cities to Silver bay. To which I replied, 75% of our club from Fargo/Moorhead all made the 299.5 mile trip which shut them up.

Yep, gas prices, anti's like Sierra Club calling up and trying to close the trails.....too many side by sides with two people or more in them. Sponsors that didn't even put on a show. They could have had 10-20 machines themselves with their crews. The dealerships could have had 5-10 machines each. The deadline of 10:00 for registration. There had to been 10 or so machines on the side just watching, but didn't participate.

I don't even want to talk about it anymore, because right now I don't have much good to say, except that I thought ATVAM did what they could, for what they had to work with.

I was planning on attending, even had it on the calendar, but things got messed up and I had to get my boat out of the shop...it had been almost a month and I just couldn't let them keep it another week.

Soucheray even gave it a little air time on Friday, so I didn't think that the record would be a problem.

After hearing that they fell short by so few machines, I wish I had attended. Hopefully this doesn't discourage them from trying again...I'd be there for sure.

I'd be interested in hearing more about it. Hadn't heard any of the inside scoop about how it went, good or bad.

My family and I had a great time, good food and time spent with good friends, who could ask for more? On a side note, I thought ATVAM did a great job of putting together such event. Anyone who has ever had to to such a job will know what what I'm talking about. It's not an easy task to do. I too was disappointed in not breaking the record, having 150 people pre register and not show up, bites.

And having somewhere in the area of 180,000 registered atv's in MN, and not setting a record really bites along with ATVAM having 22,000 members and no record, just really bites even more. But all in all, I would love to do it again, seeing all those atv's gathered in one spot was awesome to say the least, I admit, I had goose bumps on my skin when the parade started, what an awesome site to see and be a part of. My 13 y/o daughter was totally thrilled as well. So ATVAM and crew, on behalf of myself and my family, thank you for making that weekend one of the most unforgettable weekends of my life.

Well said Augusta, while I was dissapointed to not bring the recoerd here it was great to see so many gather together. It's hard looking back and seeing how close we came, if a few more would have stepped up to the plate it would have made the needed difference. Met some great new people and had a blast riing some beatiful trails. Put almost 100 miles on on Saturday, it was good to get back on the machine again as it has been neglected sitting in the garage waiteing for the Black Hills trip that we are leaving for on Friday, should be great.

I agree Augusta. I understand what it takes to put on these events. Not first hand, but I have a very good source for ATVAM info.

I think it would have helped if they did not say how many were pre-registered. It was nice to know, but I think it stopped some from showing up. Who knew?? Nobody's fault.

There were a bunch of wheelers that showed up after the 10:00 deadline, with them it would have been even closer, even with all the side by sides.

Another thing is that if any of the laws were broken (more than two on a wheeler, no helmets on kids), that atv would be disqualified for the record.

We also though it was great to see so many machines in one place! It was still a good excuse to get out and ride some trails. With all of the people that were in the area I am surprised that the trails were not worse than they were. We met many great people as well!.....Nice to meet you Paul, it's nice to put a name to a face :-)

Same here Dustin, not that we had a whole lot of visiting to do. If you want to see some pictures I have posted them in 2 places. One place is the Photo Sharing Forum Here and the other is Paul Hagens Gallerys

I hope to have more added later on. So check back on my pbase site or at our club site redriverridersatv.org