• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

World Record Attempt on June 14, 2008 Silver Bay 2,500 ATVs Needed

Paul

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I'm from Silver Bay and the whole town was very impressed that there were no accidents, no tickets, no complaints, and no garbage left anywhere! Since everyone was so respectful, and Silver Bay wants to do it again... everyone is trying to make it happen again. ATVAM said that if we pay for the advertising they will allow us to try again next year! Nothing is set in stone but thats whats going on so far.

First of all, I'm from Silver Bay and the whole town was very impressed that there were no accidents, no tickets, no complaints, and no garbage left anywhere! Since everyone was so respectful, and Silver Bay wants to do it again... everyone is trying to make it happen again. ATVAM said that if we pay for the advertising they will allow us to try again next year! Nothing is set in stone but thats whats going on so far.

Thanks for the positive words, glad to hear the city is happy with the way things went. I would happily come up to make it happen next year, heck I will probably be back in the area again in August and then maybe again in Dept or Oct.

Thanks for accomodating us.

I am in the same boat as Natalie. It was a great weekend. I am on the Fire Dept. and appreciated all the donations that we recieved for the Grill Out on Friday and Saturday, along with the Pancake Breakfast Saturday Morning. Which was our best ever when the numbers were tallied up. The donations are going to help offset the cost's of new Radios and Pagers. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I think that the town handeled all the people well and the trails amazingly held up. Still not sure how with all of the water that was still around at the time.

On another note this is a write up from the Cook County News Chronicle that just goes to show that some people just really don't know whats going on.

Cook County News-Herald, Grand Marais, Minn. June 20,2008

Pam Dorris

Guest Editorial

Title "As I See It"

..." The Second issue that has me shaking my head involves that old adage: Actions speak louder than words. For two years now the local ATV club has been playing coy, telling anyone and everyone who'll listen that they are few in number and just want a little harmless fun. Who's Kidding Whom?

More than 2500 strong just descended on SIlver Bay, the ATVers answer to Sturgis. The mind boggles. There's not enough beneficial worthwhile revenue to compenstate for 2500 noisy smelly, come-out-of-nowwhere, speed-crazed, unsupervised ATV riders (who regularly maim and kill themselves pursuing this "wholesome" sport) as they ravage the Boreal forest destroying the silence, poluting the air, and disrupting the wildlife. In the end, ATV riding is only a hobby sport whose "free-range" rights are not guaranteed by the Constitution , and those of us in Cook County who choose not to be addicted to such an annoying hobby (hel-lo, the Majority!) should not have it rammed down our throats by any special interest group trying deceptively to minimize its impact on the local quality of life. If Silver Bay wants you, they can have you."

This is the epidomy of what we somtimes have to deal with up here. It's quite obvious that she was nowhere near this town when it went on and is too pig headed to see it from the other side of the boat. Just thought that some people would like to see what some people think of ATVing.

Just an observation on my part - this event was held during the best part of the fishing season. A [PoorWordUsage] of alot of us are out wackin' the fish while we can and taking our yearly fishing trips. Tons of wheeler guys I know are fisherman and might have been interested in this as was I. I'm betting a date in August would have done better. Have rode the Moose/Red trails in your area and they are great.

P.S. IT IS ON FOR NEXT YEAR!! The board just meet last Monday and the parade will be here again next year!!! I will post more info as soon as I hear the details!! Start getting the word out!!

OK Here is a snipit from out club minutes from July. Our Current President is Les, who spear headed the parade. Hope to see everyone next year.

Quote:

Another attempt to break the world’s largest ATV Parade has been scheduled for June 13th, 2009 in Silver Bay, MN at the AmericInn. A couple of pictures from this year have been added to the www.atvparade.org HSOforum. Hopefully shortly, there will be DVD’s for sale.