• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Topraider

Blackbird or Baby Loon are the two most productive colors that i have used. I just bought a couple of new Super Topraiders in different colcrs, so i will have to wait and see how they work.

Do any of you make color modifications to the topwater baits in general? Reason I ask is this: many of you called out black topwaters, and I like them too. However, almost every creature that the topwaters represent are light or white on the underside. Fish, rodents, ducklings.......ever see a frog with a black belly? Not me.....

Should I be making changes and doctoring them up a bit? Anyone that does, what do you use? Looking for any tips and paint/marker types. Would be nice to see some pics if you have some good ones to show.

I'm running out of ways to kill the winter nights and need some more things to play with.

Thanks, Chris

I have had great luck with black and orange but I am honestly convinced color is very unimportant on topwater lures and I am going to make a point this year to not just throw lures with a black profile and instead mix it up.

cjac - I've been repainting hawg wobblers - front section one color and the rear another, plus some paint on the lip, which is tough to make last. Also repainted the prop on a Holcombe top walker. I hear you on the belly color theory, just don't get to caught up in it cuz those slimy beasts have a brain the size of a pea! grin.gif Which is exactly why I struggle to catch em confused.gifwink.gif

Hiya -

As far as color and topwaters goes, a lot of the time I'm more interested in whether or not *I* can see it. Especially if I'm in big waves, my topwaters are orange, yellow, all white - anything I can see a long ways away. I think the fish can see it fine no matter what color it is frankly. I think sound is a lot more important.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm