• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ideas for articles?

Deitz Dittrich

Howdy friends..I wanted to thank you all again for making this board so much fun to be a part of. Seriously, you guys rock!

What I am looking for...Ideas for articles. I need to write a few articles for Mr.Twisters e-zine/homepage. What kind of articles are people looking for nowdays? I will post those articles on our page as well if people would like.

So, please... Brainstorm. What would you guys like to see?

Thanks you again!

I would suggest selecting for larger fish. What baits what structures etc. There are piles of good #'s fisheries around the metro but finding the 4+ big girls (Consistantly) can be an adventure.

I would keep it seasonal, we have pre spawn bass fishing now in the south, if the mister twister mag will be distributed throughout the country, I would do that. If its more popular, I would do a post spawn bass article.

Other possibilites would be

1.Live bait bass fishing

2.cold front bassin

3.easy bass fishing for kids/elderly

I like alot of the ideas so far. I personally think a good article on tactics for deep water is the best. So many bass anglers get confused and basically lost when their boat gets in water over their head. I personally do real well in the shallow weeds, milfoil, pads, and dock areas. When those fish are not there or not active my day starts to suck. ie... league championship this year, and that Tournament on Maple lake... I get upset just thinking about it. Anyway, what can people look for and what are a few of the best aproaches for crankbaits, jigs,and plastics... Just an Idea. Oh and Dietz... Nice pic on the cover of the Mr.Twister mail out. What do you think of the 4 inch tube or 4" curly tail for flippin docks? I used mostly comidas or ribbon tails last yr... smirk.gif

Deitz,

Here is one! Write an article on the plastic frog verse the floating hollow frog. HUGE difference and most guys fish them in the same area and don't get the full potential out of both. Just my two cents!

The latest issue of EA had an article on "Pea Soup" muskies, I think think an article on the pea soup and algae bloom waters that we see would be a great read. Presentation, depth, lure selection/color, you name it!

Just to mix it up what about downsizing - Like not buying 500 dollars of gear every year whether you need it or not. How to not have 4 rods rigged up laying on the boat deck. And a hundred of packages of plastics and faith in only about 25% of them. For me the more stuff I have the more doubt I have in what I'm throwing which leads to more rods and more clutter which in turn gets tangled up in the dog! This idea goes against selling more stuff but somewhere there has to be a limit I hope. Personally I enjoy buying stuff and soaking up all the ads and shows and everything fishing but in the end the fish go back in the lake so it is hard to swallow the amount of money poured into the hobby. Sorry guys to be a downer but it feels good to let it out - I need to go buy some more rapala DT's !!!!!

How about an article about the mental part of bass fishing. What does a guy go through during the course of a day on the lake and how to metally prepare yourself when you know the bite is going to be tough.

How do you prepare?

What to do when things arent going your way?

The mental part of prefishing.

I have them all written down... then Agape(Wayne Ek) who also writes articles for different outdoor publications is going to take a few of the ideas too.. he wouldnt let me have them all. wink.gif

I will admit, there are quite a few ideas that you guys have mentioned that I would like to read about, as I am probably not the one to write on them.

I would like to see an article about going fishing! I always catch more fish when I go fishing then when I am at home thinking fishing. When is the best time to go fishing and when is the worst time to go fishing. And can the best fishing be at the worst time? confused.gifgrin.gif

CB- which do you mean, you just asked me a double edegd question... which will I think of writing or which am I not confortable enough writing about? I have no problem being honest with you folks... I am not the best bass angler out there, hence why you dont see my name at the top of any big tournaments.