• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Weekend Coming Up

Bryce

Hey Dock Boy just got back from the game. No need to bring any kind of broom. Looks like the ride home just got that much sweeter. Should have got some kleenex for all the fans that left early. They must have had a long ride home tonite.

they way the gophs have been skating the last month has been a slow cirle around the drain mad.gif

they need to get their act together or they'll take an early exit in the playoffs.

Vanelli had a bad game, and surprise the gophs lost. Like the wooger mentioned tonight, the team cannot rely on two defensmen to win every game for them.

Briggs has been horrible his last three starts. Barring a blowout tomorrow night, I think Frazee needs to make a Friday night start to shake things up, ans send a message to Brigss that his [PoorWordUsage] doesn't smell like roses....

what a disgrace tonight.... anyone got any tp? tongue.gif

The inexperience I have been concerned about for quite some time definitely came shining through this weekend. The Gophers now know they have a lot of work ahead of them to be competitive down the stretch. Hopefully their "young guns" understand that. I have a feeling they'll have a different type of understanding at practice on Monday. smirk.gif

A nice effort by the Sioux! Well done.

I really didn't predict a sweep. I was just hoping not to get blown out. I could have never predicted those scores. I love they way UND hit and skated right with the best team in the league.

It looks like the UND Minnesota boys out played the Gopher Minnesota boys this weekend. In every phaze of the game, except powerplay. Which by the way, is the scariest thing to watch when you are on the penalty kill. Wow. The gophers move the puck like they are all wearing CCCP on their jerseys.

Like what was already said, this young gopher team will have some interesting practices. I guess the goofing around is pretty much over. It is time to get serious again.

Losing Hirsch did hurt but I saw bigger issues this weekend.

More than a few goals were due to not taking care of the puck in the defensive zone.

Not enough people willing to do the dirty work in front of the nets.

Too many people looking for the highlight reel pass instead of taking a shot. They can look like the Harlem Globetrotters of hockey while passing the puck around on a powerplay but never ever get a quality shot on net.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif As I was out of town, I can't make any comments on the level of play for either team. I am curious though. Would any rodent fans be willing to trade a Menard's broom for game film of your first round playoff opponent? wink.gif

For those who may not have heard the story, Gophs did not have any film on Holy Cross last year. Good plan.

Quote:

Lucia??????

Is his head on the chopping block?????

I find it hard to believe that the gophers poor playing is the fault of Lucia. The team is young, and they are finding out right now what it takes to win.

IMO, The problem is youth/inexperience, not coaching.

Quote:

Mason

Monson

Lucia??????

Is his head on the chopping block?????

Everything is fine we have the multi state multi nation recruiting bonnaza that we lacked under Woog. smirk.gif

Plus we could never collaspe like we did last with the best talent in the nation again. smirk.gif

I think most teams would drool to have Lucia as the skipper. Gopher's recruiting is in the top 3 in the nation, if not the best. He loses Kessel, Potulny and Irmen and gains Okposo, Johnson, and Barribal (sp?).