• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Weekend Coming Up

Bryce

Split are you kidding me. A team that got swept by Michagin Tech in thier multimillion dollar arena. Gophs sweep no contest. Scoring slump? Friday Denver got lucky with the shut out if you watch the game gophs almost scored 15 times goalie got lucky. 5 goal last night. Goaltending not so good for Souix. Game Over

The Gophs got swept by Mich. Tech and lost and tied to AA in 2005 in their multimillon dollar arena also. R U kidding me. Also how do you almost score. Is that like I almost won the lottery. Either you do or don't.

Us, as Gopher fans, shouldn't get to carried away. Certainly the odds are in our favor but the odds were also in favor of the Gophers against Holy Cross. Humble pie never hurts now and then. I'm expecting an intense and competitive series. Everyone brings their best against the best.

Your can bet your A$$ that the sioux are licking their chopps this week. I expect a high scoring affair as with traditional Sioux-Gopher games. No nuetral zone trap. Just up and down hockey, and I am looking forward to it.

It is going to be a great weekend of hockey.

A few questions and random thoughts for my main man RED.

Will they be playing the Canadian Anthem before the games out of respect for the Sue roster?

Finley is big, but he also skates as well as my 3 year old son and has about the same hockey ability. Every morning he looks in the mirror he should drop to his knee's and thank god he is 6-8 or else he would be playing for Concordia College.

I also don't understand the thought process that the Sioux have all the sudden turned the corner? Yes, they are 6-1-1 in their last 8 games, but who did they beat? They beat some Ivy league school and 19th ranked St. Lawrence, managed 2 goals in a split at CC (who is well known for their tight D), got a win and a tie vs AA @ home and swept a CHA team. Sounds like world beaters to me!

The beauty of this weekend is the Gophers could get swept and they would still be 9 points up on the Sioux in the standings!

I would rather watch my grandparents have sex then cheer for UND.

Our mascot isn't offensive or insensitive! shocked.giftongue.gif

Well its sounds like your 3 yr old should be playing pro hockey someday. Watching your grandparents having sex sounds like you need your head screwed on alittle tighter. Nobody ask you to cheer for the Sioux anyway. Did they play the Canadian anthem for Chucko last yr?

Buzzy,

You are a funny guy. I had a good laugh at your last post. There have been several occations this season where I would have rather watched your grandparents go at it like a couple of drunk monkeys than watch Sioux hockey. They have under-achieved and it has been hard to watch.

You are right on about Finley. Slow and not too smart. Worse yet is Brian Lee who is the most over-rated hockey player EVER to play for the University of North Dakota. I knew he was an A$$ clown when he was in high school. He would be a perfect fit for the maroon and gold. He is more worried about how his hair looks and banging some dumb co-ed who thinks manual labor is a mexican war hero. He just does not impress me at all. I have watched him completely lose it when teams bring in a hard fore-check. A complete (Contact Us Please). Everytime he goes to the bench, the sioux get better. There are two Minnesota boys that should have gotten their educations in the twin cities.

Anyway, Buzz, you are also right that UND hasn't beaten anyone in the 6-1-1 stretch. It is just nice to see them get some wins and to maybe get some momentum for the stretch run.

If the gophers are resting on their fabulous wins in December and November. I don't see much momentum with the maroon and gold right now. Uncle Donnie is going to be very disappointed.

And, so is the gopher faithful, that had their sails taken down last year by none other than the Holy Cross Crusaders. Talk about a complete collapse. I had the opportunity to sit by some golden choker fans during that game. They were hooting and hollering like high schoolers who were drinking for the very first time. Loud the whole game, and then very quiet when old HC put a knife in their heart. Boy, I had something to say to every maroon jersey I could see. They had it coming to them. I got in their faces and pointed at them like Loydd Christmas giving that poor son-of-a-gun hot peppers in the movie DUMB and DUMBER. It brings a smile to my face as I think about it. smirk.gif

The gophers need to score some goals and they aren't getting that with any consistancy. This weekend could very well leave Sioux 9 points back. The gophers have earned first place. The Sioux just have to get to the final five.

If the gophers falter down the stretch it will be goaltending that hurts them. The gophie net-minders are very fragile. You cannot tell me with a strait face that you have complete faith in Briggs and Frazee. shocked.gif

Very entertaining thread. Keep it up! Not a fan of either school, but you can bet I'll be watching the Woog-er on Friday night! In my book, nothing compares to college hockey.

Speaking of Holy Cross (from popular college hockey HSOforum):

In April, the president of Holy Cross spoke at a fund-raiser in Minneapolis, telling the crowd of alumni that since the Crusaders’ historic upset of Minnesota in the NCAA tournament, the amount of Holy Cross Hockey merchandise being sold over the Internet had skyrocketed. Interestingly, school officials noted that a large portion of the hats, t-shirts and sweatshirts were being sent to addresses in North Dakota. Luckily for the Gophers, they have no trip to Grand Forks on their 2006-07 regular season schedule.

Funny stuff guys I hope you all still around on Monday when the sweep has been recorded. You Sew fans need to get over the whole Holy cross thing. My dad has season tickets for the sew and he calls them expensive Gopher tickets. I know I know the Gophs aren't making to GF this year, but he loves to watch them lose in thier own building and lisning to people yelling and screaming about a sport they know nothing about. Getting tickets free from thier local employer who buys a suite for 20 grand a year. I can't wait for this weekend. Fun times

Quote:

You are a funny guy. I had a good laugh at your last post.

I'm glad you knew I was havin' some fun... I see somebody else went a bit crazy on me (again) confused.gif I'm not sure I can even get you riled up anymore Red, I mean your sounding pretty level headed these days and it confuses me which angle to (playfully) take. blush.gif I'll have to put my thinking cap on and get back to this thread a little later, lunch is calling.

GOPHS! GOPHS! GOPHS!

Calling a sweep is tuf, but that is what I am going for.

Its hard when every team in the country wants to play their best against you.

I am a little mad that the Gophs only play thier biggest rival 1 series a year. Lets get serious we can get rid of one of those Tech series, or Waysne State.

By the way good to see Cloud doing so good. The more good MN teams the better.

Well said. The three most dangerous teams in the WCHA are the Minnesota teams. Denver looks pretty good but I think they did play their best games against the Gophers. When push comes to shove in the playoffs I will take the Gophers over Denver. Mankato scares the bejesus out of me and St. Cloud is on a serious roll right now! I wouldn't want to play a one game series against either of those teams in the playoffs.

You couldn't pay me to miss the Gopher vs St. Cloud series. Do you hear that Jill (my wife)? Don't be planning anything for me that weekend! smile.gif My butt will be firmly planted on the couch. What’s that pizza hut delivery number again?

Quote:

You couldn't pay me to miss the Gopher vs St. Cloud series. Do you hear that Jill (my wife)? Don't be planning anything for me that weekend!
smile.gif
My butt will be firmly planted on the couch. What’s that pizza hut delivery number again?

Don't worry, your butt can stay on the couch because I will be in St. Cloud at the game.

My hats off to the Fighting Sioux for cashing in on the pathetic work ethic of our own MN Gophers. After the Gopher performance tonight, we can all see that having a ton of freshmen and sophmores on the team is not always an advantage. They need to pull their head out of their a$$. By no means am I throwing in the towel but that was just horrid. Tomorrow night is another night but the Sioux deserved it tonight.

I agree Otter. Great effort by the Sioux. First off shame on the refs for killing the flow. Second the Gophers need to grow a pair, this has been their weakness for the last 2 seasons. Tonight they played like they deserved to win because they are #1. Ten powerplays and only 1 goal is just sad. I'm sorry to the rest of the gopher world but if the gophers want to break the cake eater label they have been given then they need to earn wins in these types of games.