• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

making sure i am legal??

dudsy

I was wonding if someone could tell me Exactly what I need to come and ice fish in Mn. I am out of state, I will be pulling a 8x20 ice house that we will be sleeping in and using a snowmobile and atv with portables to explore fish.

I just want to make sure I dont forget any permits or lic. and I cannot get the MN DNR HSOforum to work for me.

thanks for the help

dudsy smile.gif

You have to buy a shelter lic for each fish house. I believe a non shelter tag is $19 for a 7day and $33 for the season. A non resident can't leave the house unattended. There may be lic. issues with the atv's and snowmobiles also.

One more "permit" you may need. If there are snowmobile trails across that lake you may need a trail permit for your sled. Isn't MN great!! By the time I get all of the permits and licenses bought for my toys, I can't afford to leave home!! crazy.gif

Might be off topic, but lots of whining about fees/taxes....

All the fees are well worth all the time I spend out huntin and fishin. I spend a couple hundred bucks for all my licenses and permits for an entire year of fishing, deer hunting all seasons, duck hunting, etc...

Pretty cheap entertainment in the end. I have known people that drop $100 or more on pull tabs in an evening out.... confused.gif

Is it really that bad of an investment here??? I just don't see it being too bad.

But then again, we all have different things that fulfill our lives.

Start looking at what the other states charge for Non-Resident hunters/fishermen. I gave up hunting Iowa after they raised the NR license above $400.

I have argued that MN should jack up there NR fishing fees to compete with the surrounding states Fees. MN draws fishermen, IA draws hunters-seems fair to me

I wasn't complaining about the cost, just fees in general. You need to pay a "Fee" for everything in this state. I'm not just talking DNR, it's everything. Instead of raising taxes (which are through the roof) we apply fees to everything.